• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Opinion] Yet another circle question

Everyone's got one.
Reaction score
Awards
That's it, that's the subject.

What magic do you practice?
How is your circle constructed?
How much of your circle is made of sheer will?
What physical elements comprise your circle?

Let's be blunt. Your circle is everything. Black magicians are testing, and often entering, your own magical circle.
Post automatically merged:

My magic circle and visualization often is piss poor. I sincerely hope the rest of you are better for your life health and passion.

I practice Christian-Hermetic magic, high and low.
By the Shining Crosses, the LRP and the LRH.
Virtually none.
None.
Let's be blunt. Your circle is everything. Black magicians are testing, and often entering, your own magical circle.
This is a scary thought. We unprotected are like mice in a house full of lions and tigers. What if they bring their patrons in with them?

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
El is a very generic name - from the Sumerian Ilu - a tall/god male

Thus Alalu (tall-tall/god-god male) becomes El Elyon - the Most High

Lazarus

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
That which I receive from a third order contact.
You already know.
John 6:38.
Depends, but nothing is required.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Reaction score
Awards
Will definitely ponder the meanings of the replies.
Yes, I am an unorthodox Christian, and have littke interest in India things, religion among them, same with Near East.
As an anthropology student, I find the mythologies and cultures interesting, yet maintain my own beliefs, and wont be forced into a different religion other than Celtic.
I am also a magician with druid leanings, and therefore ask and expect back replies on all things magick related.

Reaction score
El is a very generic name - from the Sumerian Ilu - a tall/god male

Thus Alalu (tall-tall/god-god male) becomes El Elyon - the Most High
I don't know about that, but El does refer to a specific deity, head of the Canaanite Pantheon. Many ancient cultures used naming schemes which described part of the nature of the person or entity being named. So is it possible he was named because of the stature, yeah it is entirely possible.. but let's not be obtuse when most people talk about El they're talking about the head of the Canaanite Pantheon, not some general name shared with or derived there-from.

JMPtD

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
81scale magic

created by specific distances

you imagine the circles but have basic consciousness model principles to work with

the Circles of the 81 scales rn are to create metaphysical flows of one’s intention by the harmonizing and synchronizing to the different layers of the environment.

Reaction score

My magic circle and visualization often is piss poor. I sincerely hope the rest of you are better for your life health and passion.

Virtually none.
None.

This is a scary thought. We unprotected are like mice in a house full of lions and tigers. What if they bring their patrons in with them?

I actually practice Nvwoti not magic but yes I suppose from the perspective of an outsider from an European or even Hellenic culture looking in, what we call sginvwoti would be seen as magic to them.
That having been said I have adopted western Solomonic and Golden Dawn techniques to craft a Ritual of the Medicine round where I evoke and subjugate myself to my own medicine round. It works as both a circle and a compass rite.

I had originally responded to this thread to show you a picture of my circle. I do have a design for a physical circle layout and it is actually composed of three circles.

• The First, being the innermost ring follows our outer medicine round formula, equivalent to the airts, and the work done here is comparative to the work of the pentagram rituals though we do not use the Greek elemental system. The four names, one per quadrant, are the four ceremonial men of our system and the most abstract form of what in the Mexica system are called the four Tezcatlipochas.

• The second circle follows the inner round medicine formula and is equivalent to the astrological sequence of elements though again we do not work with the Greek system of elements. Nonetheless, the work done here is comparative to the work of the hexagram. The four names called, one per quarter, are the four ceremonial women. For women it would be the men with the women being in their first circle.

• The third circle, being the outermost circle, is the domain of the Thunderers and while it contains the names of the four Thunderers, one in each quarter, the circle itself is not quarters but all incompossing, a nondistinct nature. This circle binds the other two circles together we're in a man and woman from each are united into one of the thunderers, and also facilitating a ceremonial route to what in the East is called Samadhi.

My ceremonial blesses, consecrates and empowers the circle. It is is non merely physical and as mentioned as functions as a crossroads, being a medicine wheel. Being the evocation of my medicine wheel, it is me, and I can feel when it is opened or passed through. To this point, the entities which compose this circle are most intimate and familiar and I would not call a spirit I did not trust into this space. Nor would I call them outside of it within a triangle unless I were putting my very state of being on the line to make sure they did not pass.

For working with infernals and most cthoninic entities I would use a different kind of circle modeled after the one in the Ars Goetia.

JMPtD

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
81scale magic

created by specific distances

you imagine the circles but have basic consciousness model principles to work with

the Circles of the 81 scales rn are to create metaphysical flows of one’s intention by the harmonizing and synchronizing to the different layers of the environment.
To absorb prana from your environment by 100th of a nautical mile directly, have 100 hand length rings with all 100 rings having 10 total making 100 in each 10, and then of that the body creates 10 hand lengths making an 81 scales as well as them keeping the other 90 body lengths sending bits of info by an 81 scales to each of the 81 scales at the center of the magic circle. The 81 scales could be propped up on the ground behind you connected to a tail that absorbs the intelligence into your body, or maybe if a sorcerer directly into the aura. These can work by meaning one minute with 81 81s per minute, and the sign for four minutes and the four signs within can float around your aura

The distances for 100 th of a mile go from 10 th of hands as smallest to 1 hand for 10th of mile to 1 body height for 1 mile and then to 100th of a mile for the 10 mile distance. The ten mile distance can be throughout 144 signs of 576 minutes while each sign is based upon a compilation mixation of the four minutes of 81s within.

A body wizard might start counting the local body length circle for the first of 4 minutes, then the 1st of each of the 10 hands for the outer 90 during the second of 4 minutes, then the 81 10ths of hands for the third minute, while the fourth minute is integrated to the time signs likewise but does it by balancing the complexion of the previous 3 minutes while intelligence from larger time scales can be added to the happenings of the spell. The body sorcerer does the first three minutes in the opposite order while the last minute is the same.

JMPtD

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
That is just as easy. any healthy development is so great for being excited about spirituality.

Reaction score
Awards

Virtually none.
None.

I guess until I have my own Artists Studio, making a circle floorcloth may be out of the question.