• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Your Daily Workout?

Joined
Aug 4, 2026
Messages
100
Reaction score
72
Awards
1
I go to the supermarket, get two 2L bottles of mineral water, and then walk about 7 -8 km back home with them in my backpack. It usually takes me around an hour, I guess being tall helps...
When I get home, I do some half push ups while holding onto the bathtub, only going halfway down at about a 45 degree angle, so I don’t push myself too hard. :)
After that, I take the two bottles of water and do around 70 - 80 reps with each one, holding a bottle in each hand.
/Then I move back and forth between the table and the stove while making my coffee and putting it on the heat.
Finally, I get to sit down and enjoy my coffee, for which I’ve worked so hard.
I added up my weekly walking time and it's really quite healthy. I walk about 35 minutes to the food store, then back every night. That adds up to at least seven hours walking a week.
Years ago, I once got lost in the desert. It was very scary. I walked about six hours till finally seeing a white plastered village.
 

Eldros

Zealot
Joined
Aug 10, 2026
Messages
248
Reaction score
287
Awards
4
I added up my weekly walking time and it's really quite healthy. I walk about 35 minutes to the food store, then back every night. That adds up to at least seven hours walking a week.
Years ago, I once got lost in the desert. It was very scary. I walked about six hours till finally seeing a white plastered village.
I walk quite a lot too, -usually around 45 minutes to an hour a day..
Many years ago, I went hiking with someone and we walked so much that we eventually ended up at a gas station. :) Since we hadn’t brought a car, we had to wait about 6 hours for someone to pick us up and take us to the train station.
Not quite as scary as getting lost in the desert though! /.
 

Eldros

Zealot
Joined
Aug 10, 2026
Messages
248
Reaction score
287
Awards
4
Being lost in the desert always reminds me of this song. When I finally made it to a remote town, I drank 2 pints of beer in seconds flat
His voice reminds me of Neil Young’s. Even though he wasn’t actually part of this band…
Neil Young is quite old now, and I was born a few years after this song was released. :)
 
Joined
Aug 4, 2026
Messages
100
Reaction score
72
Awards
1
His voice reminds me of Neil Young’s. Even though he wasn’t actually part of this band…
Neil Young is quite old now, and I was born a few years after this song was released. :)
Bill Mumy was in the band America. He once played Will Robinson in Lost In Space.
I do recall a certain sense of panic when all I could see was sand. It wasn't a huge desert but it kept me walking for hours. That was in the 1990s when I was doing very heavy weights. Now, after so many years, I'm not in such bad shape. Today I did chinups (4 sets), pushups on each arm (2 sets), parallel bar dips (3 sets) and sandbag overhead press (2 sets). However, I still seem to have a cold virus, which isn't usual for me.
 

Eldros

Zealot
Joined
Aug 10, 2026
Messages
248
Reaction score
287
Awards
4
Bill Mumy was in the band America. He once played Will Robinson in Lost In Space.
I do recall a certain sense of panic when all I could see was sand. It wasn't a huge desert but it kept me walking for hours. That was in the 1990s when I was doing very heavy weights. Now, after so many years, I'm not in such bad shape. Today I did chinups (4 sets), pushups on each arm (2 sets), parallel bar dips (3 sets) and sandbag overhead press (2 sets). However, I still seem to have a cold virus, which isn't usual for me.
A few years ago I actually liked going to the gym. Sometimes I’d go regularly, other times just occasionally, and I also liked doing push-ups.
These days I’m more about simply staying active -walking, stretching, /some light push-ups, moving around, doing stuff around the house, etc.
I’m not really focused on building mass, more on just staying fit and healthy. :).
 
Joined
Aug 4, 2026
Messages
100
Reaction score
72
Awards
1
A few years ago I actually liked going to the gym. Sometimes I’d go regularly, other times just occasionally, and I also liked doing push-ups.
These days I’m more about simply staying active -walking, stretching, /some light push-ups, moving around, doing stuff around the house, etc.
I’m not really focused on building mass, more on just staying fit and healthy. :).
That sounds healthy to me. For my age, I tend to train too hard. Maybe I like the dopamine effect. Probably.more so, I don't want give in to age. However some people tell me I should lighten up and accept not being as young as I was. The cat has a habit of watching my workouts. He once got right beneath my chest and face as I was doing pushups. He himself now aged 10 is as fit as a fiddle.
 

Eldros

Zealot
Joined
Aug 10, 2026
Messages
248
Reaction score
287
Awards
4
That sounds healthy to me. For my age, I tend to train too hard. Maybe I like the dopamine effect. Probably.more so, I don't want give in to age. However some people tell me I should lighten up and accept not being as young as I was. The cat has a habit of watching my workouts. He once got right beneath my chest and face as I was doing pushups. He himself now aged 10 is as fit as a fiddle.
Oh, you have a cat? I have one too. Cats are such curious creatures. I had one who was really clingy, and this one used to do things just to piss me off when I didn’t fulfill its wishes :)
..But that was a long time ago... Now we mostly respect each other’s boundaries and have some sort of mutual understanding.
It doesn’t care whether I work out or not, thankfully :)
But food being late or the water not being fresh? That’s a different story...
 
Joined
Aug 4, 2026
Messages
100
Reaction score
72
Awards
1
Oh, you have a cat? I have one too. Cats are such curious creatures. I had one who was really clingy, and this one used to do things just to piss me off when I didn’t fulfill its wishes :)
..But that was a long time ago... Now we mostly respect each other’s boundaries and have some sort of mutual understanding.
It doesn’t care whether I work out or not, thankfully :)
But food being late or the water not being fresh? That’s a different story...
My cat loves to lie on my chest when I watch a film. Soon as he sees me lie on the bed, he comes running. When I gently move him for a moment to put wood on the fire, he's been known to do something to piss me off. Such as lying in front of the screen. Or treading on my indoor cactus plants. I had to persevere in getting him to understand he can simply jump back on my chest, once the fire is fed some wood. That he now finally does, though I've no idea why he makes such hard work of it. Still, The Pussy Cat is a chartreux French grey with green eyes, and we are total soul mates. It took me some time to learn how to learn the ropes but he's great company. Plus he gets rid of any rats.
 
Joined
Sep 21, 2026
Messages
27
Reaction score
13
At 5'8 and 180lbs, I don't think you have an "androgynous" figure, big dog, lol
I run 3 miles 3 times a week and lift weights 3 times a week. I do mainly machines. 2 pull machines, 2 push machines, ab machine, dumbell pull overs
6'2 190lbs. Male.
 
Joined
Aug 4, 2026
Messages
100
Reaction score
72
Awards
1
At 5'8 and 180lbs, I don't think you have an "androgynous" figure, big dog, lol
I run 3 miles 3 times a week and lift weights 3 times a week. I do mainly machines. 2 pull machines, 2 push machines, ab machine, dumbell pull overs
6'2 190lbs. Male.
Post automatically merged:

Today I did an incredible 45 front squats, using a chunk of pig iron ballast for weight. It doesn't build the quads as much as heavier weights but you do get a hell of a wake up call. I followed this with a set more of 30, and then two sets of Nordic curls. Meantime, the cat was snoozing from his vantage point. All done in 35 mins. Roger Bannister was very keen on this wham, bam, thank you, Mam approach. It does the job without eating into the daily schedule.
 
Last edited:

oregano

Neophyte
Joined
Sep 7, 2026
Messages
30
Reaction score
25
i actually only recently started really "working out" regularly

i'd been getting exercise before from going to martial arts classes though.

found a good calisthenics routine consisting of pushups, lunges, plank taps, and inverted rows
 

Eldros

Zealot
Joined
Aug 10, 2026
Messages
248
Reaction score
287
Awards
4
I saw a documentary a few months ago about two elderly Canadian women - I think they were both over 90.
One of them had received some sort of recommendation from her doctor for an exercise routine....
She basically had to sit down and stand back up from a chair, with her arms raised, almost as if she were doing squats. //
I guess that can also be a great form of exercise once you reach a certain age. :)

Something like this:
 
Joined
Aug 4, 2026
Messages
100
Reaction score
72
Awards
1
Lou Ferrigno now 74. All the veterans like Lou are learning to ditch ego and drop the heavy weights approach of youth. So, here, Lou is still staying in shape but he's adapted to his senior years.
Lou Ferrigno, Chuck Norris, Sly Stallone have all had hip or knee ops because those heavy routines - we do when younger - kick in with age. With me it was hip and knee pain. I learned to drop heavier weights and go for slow, higher reps. The biggest mistake people have made is to just keep trying to train through pain, which you do when you can't digest a drop from former heights.
There are many ways we can cheat Father Time, by adapting and being smart. I think Stallone now swears by stretch band resistance training while some others try yoga.
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

 

Dalehodgkinson

Neophyte
Joined
Oct 8, 2024
Messages
16
Reaction score
8
I work in a warehouse and walk an average of 10km a day whilst pulling or pushing pallets of goods between 50 and 500kg, lifting 25kg sacks on and off pallets and generally lifting, carrying, bending and stretching all day long every day at work. That's my workout. (At home I dig the garden and go for walks in the forest.) At nearly 59 years old, I'd say that's enough exercise!
 

Seroism

Visitor
Joined
Sep 27, 2026
Messages
2
Reaction score
6
Asana in a chair with good posture, back straight. Rhythmic but comfortable box breathing for twenty minutes. I have a nice window that I look out at nature.

LIRP. I do LBRP occasionally, but only when I am feeling off or not happy with my energy/mood.

I shuffle and draw a Thoth tarot trump for the day. I check the quick meanings, and take a good long look at the card, noting what symbolism stands out.

Daily journal entry. Journaling is addictive. I began keeping a journal for one particular subject of study (philosophy), then I started another journal for dreams, and then I began a full-blown daily journal practice for life. It's one of the reasons I got back into magic. I try to note "big" thoughts I have during my daily ritual work. Inevitably it becomes a method of blowing off steam but also making future plans.

Fasting once weekly.

Physical exercise five days a week.
 
Joined
Sep 21, 2026
Messages
27
Reaction score
13
pushing pallets of goods between 50 and 500kg
I know you threw those numbers in there to sound impressive, but the pallet jack does most of the work, dude. Give me a break, lol. Still those 25kg sacks and all the walking adds up, I'm sure. Why are you a warehouse puller at 59? Did you commit a felony or something?
 
Joined
Aug 4, 2026
Messages
100
Reaction score
72
Awards
1
I work in a warehouse and walk an average of 10km a day whilst pulling or pushing pallets of goods between 50 and 500kg, lifting 25kg sacks on and off pallets and generally lifting, carrying, bending and stretching all day long every day at work. That's my workout. (At home I dig the garden and go for walks in the forest.) At nearly 59 years old, I'd say that's enough exercise!
It's enough exercise. The only minus is you don't get much time to recover. Scientifically it's necessary to break muscle down, which means increasing performance, weight, reps, speed. Then four days of rest to allow muscle tissue to rebuild.
In gyms the mentality is that more must be better. The more time spent in the gym, the quicker you improve. It's not true, however. Many movie stars end up having surgery in later life due to overkill.
Still, an active working life will still keep you in shape and burn off calories.
Post automatically merged:

"Why are you a warehouse puller at 59?"

Where I live it's very common for people with a uni degree to work in large stores, mostly on the till. At least two girls I know have science degrees and work in an everyday store. Technology is eroding many job prospects. So, if the guy is well paid I guess that's what matters.
 
Top