• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Book Club A Complete Course in Magick - Kuriakos

A communal reading and discussion exercise for a particular book/series.
Reaction score
Awards
This is a Book discussion/work-through as a first pick for Book of the Month Club. This book by Kuriakos, takes you through pretty much every aspect of Magick.

Reaction score
Awards
Chapters One to Seven for first week. 28 Chapters in the book, so seven chapters per week including all exercises to do.
This will involve trance, chakras, and opening up Clair abilities.

Reaction score
Awards
Already read chapter one but its like a zen koan, a lot of instruction and wisdom hidden in a paragraph. Will pay attention to people and sights and sounds around me and try to still the chatter mind and focus, even on mindfulness.

Reaction score
Awards
Paid attention to signs around me for Mars, through still mind observance.
No mental chatter occurred -- 10 min
Saw several signs, geburah, or rather the tree of life was apparent in part.

Reaction score
Awards
Thank you. I know the month of Nov-December Gareth Knight is next.
So far, tried trance and chakra meditations. Tried vibration exercise out of Buckland as well.
Tried seeing signs and sensing energies today (Martial energies).
Tried stillness of mind amidst signs and energies. 10 min highest success.
Tackling Chapter two today while still working on these points.

Reaction score
Awards
Will work on Trance and anchors tomorrow.

I believe in Kuriakos, that Chakras are next, This should really be a book discussion t this point. Chakras, trans, and vibration for both Kuriakos and Buckland are mt target practice for the next week. Really need to jump in on Kuriakos and get my feet more wet, seems as how Ive read it before and was actually working through it at one point.

Reaction score
Awards
Chapters 1-5 and exercises to do. This ought to at that finishing point conjunct/connect with the work from Buckland. Some salutary results may follow.

Reaction score
Awards
Sunday, Sun incense lit in honor of it being so. Switching focus now to this book and possible exercises I can do sitting on my bed only.

Reaction score
Awards
I What is Magick?
Magick is the art and science of working with energy; the art and science of working with sending and receiving of energy. This is brought into the senses and psychic senses of the individual. The primary method of this will be the Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram (spoiler, sorry not sorry).

Reaction score
Awards
I What is Magick?
Magick is the art and science of working with energy; the art and science of working with sending and receiving of energy. This is brought into the senses and psychic senses of the individual. The primary method of this will be the Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram (spoiler, sorry not sorry).
Pay attention to the signs around you in relation to your requests, and all coincidences and synchronicities that occur.

Reaction score
Awards
In order to send out stronger energy, we need to sharpen and hone our skill of focusing our attention.
This may sound easy to do but it’s what the yogis have talked about for thousands of years in mediation as something mankind has a very difficult time doing. Keeping the chatter mind or conscious mind quiet for even a few minutes and focusing takes lots of practice but will produce powerful Magickal results in your life.

Reaction score
Awards
So then, our tasks in the first chapter are three-fold:

1. Learn to work with energy in some form, preferably the LBRP.
  2. Pay attention to signs related to your concern or request.
  3. Learn to still the mind and focus your attention sharply.

Reaction score
Awards
Onto Chapter Two. I already do the LBRP at least once daily, either at night after a day invoking to glance, or just to banish daily the sphere of sensation (senses).
I try to look out for strange events, friends met randomly, colors of things related to the day - for example, today, yellow. I already try to meditate daily, and when smoking pot go into light trance anyway, with my prescriptions, if taken at a close time together (self medicating), a deeper and more dangerous trance level. Dangerous physcially and psychically to be out my dwelling in that state of consciousness but have been outside at that level before to smoke a cigarette on top of that. Nearly passed out outside.
So safety first and foremost. One such school has a limit to the state of passivity where one would lose control of oneself. Aside from sleep of course. In other words, no drug use, no consorting with evil, etc. Ahem. Grey path has its problems yes.

Reaction score
Awards
Looking at Neural Oscillation article on wikipedia mentions gamma, mu, and PGO waves as well.
It states that better memory is linked to use or coupling of theta and gamma states.

Reaction score
Awards
It appears that through fasting and to sleep deprivation is linked to frontal and temporal lobe epilepsy. So other forms of altered states must take place with myself for self care purposes, safety first.
What forms of altered states can you think of, what brainwave might they be linked, and how to couple one or more brainwaves linked to a primary state, as in increasing theta waves during a primary beta state such as John Edwards, Katherine Kuhlman and others.

Reaction score
Awards
One such exercise is a visualization of an elevator, escalator, or staircase, preferably spiral with numbers on the steps.

Going into trance, we will descend from high (beta) to low (theta) states, and with the left first and second fingers crossed.

To come out of trance, we will ascend the stairs or elevator, and use our right first and second crossed fingers as anchors or triggers to achieve instant trance at a certain stage of development.

Reaction score
Awards
Just tried a trance anchor listening to Cowgirl. It started to work with a thirty step staircase.
Heard my cat meow, my head tingled.
Crosed my other anchor and undid the left anchor, and said Im now out of trance.
It worked. You get sober, disoriented and an itchy scalp.

Reaction score
Awards
Yes. I cross my first and second fingers on my left hand to induce trance, and my right to come out.
It's not a fantastic experience, but very subtle, as you feel somewhat sleepy all of a sudden.