• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Book Recommendation A good goetia book with it all

Seeking or giving recommendations for books.

Amur

Acolyte
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
Was gonna delve into demonology and goetia so would be happy if someone gave me a good book
to start with!

KjEno186

Disciple
Staff member
Jr. Librarian
Reaction score
Awards

Reaction score
Awards
Actually, look at Waite's Ceremonial Magic (including Book of Black Magic and Pacts). It has Goetia and a bunch of other good stuff.

Roma

Apostle
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
Something about angels fearing to tread comes to mind

Yazata

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Well the classic
book is the Lesser Key of Solomon. I'm sure there are free copies of that available online. The Crowley version has his Enochian translation of all the conjurations. Which is neat. I wanted one with the image of the spirit on the left page and its seal on the right page so I made my own.

Reaction score
Awards
Thee is someone I knew on BALG who wrote an evocation guide, and an introduction to the 72. He wrote it in form of a grimoire. Its on BALG (BALG).

Reaction score
Awards
Actually a decent guy, I made him out to be far worse than he actually is. However, we all choose our path, and yes, he certainly made his decision.
However, it does not take away from the fact that if someone is looking for a grimoire, he wrote one based on his experience with Goetia.

Reaction score
Awards
Projection due to frustration and disppointment in myself. Not acceptable, but apologies were made to the person in question.
Anyway, he knows his stuff.

Reaction score
Awards
Was gonna delve into demonology and goetia so would be happy if someone gave me a good book
to start with!
Lon Milo Duquette's Illustrated Goetia. I would also buy the deck and book for the Ceremonial Magick Tarot.
The cards have poetic seals on them as well as angelic names.
The majors have the qlippothic and mercurial seals on them, tattoos and more!

If you want a comprehensive book on Goetia however, I would take up Goetia by Crowley, Lemegeton by Mathers and Westcott, and one of the old grimoires .. perhaps Waites Cereminal and Black Magic book.

KjEno186

Disciple
Staff member
Jr. Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
I wanted one with the image of the spirit on the left page and its seal on the right page so I made my own.
Is that your book, the 9 Kingdoms of the Goetia? I'm curious how it compares to the GoM book, Demons of Magick, by Gordon Winterfield. I'll probably end up buying both (Kindle format). It's just that I've been able to examine the GoM book in the library here, so at least I understand the system they've created.

Yazata

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Is that your book, the 9 Kingdoms of the Goetia? I'm curious how it compares to the GoM book, Demons of Magick, by Gordon Winterfield. I'll probably end up buying both (Kindle format). It's just that I've been able to examine the GoM book in the library here, so at least I understand the system they've created.
I don't know about the gom book. Not sure if I downloaded it but I haven't read it.
This book has my (possible) interpretations of the names of the 72 in Hebrew, Sumerian and Persian, translations of the Enns and a dictionary based on that to form your own Enns, and a square for each of the 9 Kingdoms. The physical book also has Hebrew renditions of the Enns plus a dictionary.

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards

^- First half of book.