• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Seeking Recommendation A question about sigils

Seeking recommendations for books.

sepere

Neophyte
Joined
Sep 22, 2026
Messages
10
Reaction score
5
Hello. For a sigil to work I can use an abstract Glyph, instead of omitting repeated letters. Are there authors that support that the use of an abstract Glyph can also work as a sigil ?
Thank you.
 

Yazata

Moderator
Staff member
Sentinel
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Joined
Sep 27, 2021
Messages
3,083
Reaction score
9,625
Awards
36
You are specifically asking about authors so this question belongs in the Library and I am moving it...
 

Nembra

Acolyte
Joined
Jul 28, 2026
Messages
429
Reaction score
378
Awards
5
Hello. For a sigil to work I can use an abstract Glyph, instead of omitting repeated letters. Are there authors that support that the use of an abstract Glyph can also work as a sigil ?
Thank you.
Well, I certainly do support that. Are you asking for approval of some authority or for technical tips? I think most widely used sigils you'll encounter are in fact some abstract pictures and not typographical monograms.
 

sepere

Neophyte
Joined
Sep 22, 2026
Messages
10
Reaction score
5
Yes, I'm asking for approval basically. What I'm asking is, should a sigil be constructed by some letters or is no problem, I can use whatever graph I want
 

Nembra

Acolyte
Joined
Jul 28, 2026
Messages
429
Reaction score
378
Awards
5
Yes, I'm asking for approval basically. What I'm asking is, should a sigil be constructed by some letters or is no problem, I can use whatever graph I want
It works because you are making a connection between symbols and meanings, not because consonants of the English language expressed in latin alphabet has some particular cosmic significance. You can use whatever kind of graph you find appropriate to choose for that purpose.
 
Top