• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Advice To Past Selves

The God-King

The Mystical Rebel
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
If you've been practicing the occult in it's various forms for at least a year, there surely must be things that you've learned along the way and wish you would have known when you first started. What is some occult or esoteric advice you would give to your past selves? I'll start:

Don't banish or cleanse after EVERY working. Sometimes those residual energies can be useful in other spells or rituals. Instead, if you do a working every day, cleanse weekly or bi-weekly. If you only do spells or rituals as necessary, you can cleanse or banish as necessary. The exception is baneful magic. Always cleanse after that.....and necromancy lol[i/]

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
  • Don't try too hard, let things happen naturally. Patience is key
  • Magic can't help you if you don't know how to help yourself
  • Be careful (and specific) of what you wish for
  • Practice willpower exercises

Mart

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
If I could, I would smack my younger self for (unknowingly) creating a soulbound talisman and gifting it to an untrustworthy person. I didn't really know what I was doing back then... sigh.

The God-King

The Mystical Rebel
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
If I could, I would smack my younger self for (unknowingly) creating a soulbound talisman and gifting it to an untrustworthy person. I didn't really know what I was doing back then... sigh.
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

thehornedone

Neophyte
Reaction score
Try not to put undue emphasis on what I call 'the spooky factor' as in glitter flying out your wand or every invocation being like the first time you talk to King Paimon. Have faith in your workings without needing something supernatural slap you in the face in order to feel validated.

William66

Solomonic practitioner
Reaction score
Awards
After my first evocation with Bune in the woods, i did full evocation, after the liecense to depart i directly went out of the circle lol which i shouldnt do. Now after an evocation and liesence to depart i go down on my knees in the circle and say prayers to God for protection and the blessings He has given.

Scottish_Pride

Meme-y Tree Nymph
Reaction score
Awards
-Flashy shit like psionics is only really as good as its practical applications.

-Don't expect to get good at something without consistent practice.

-The basics like meditation and focus are SO fucking important, do not neglect them. (This is honestly something I'm still paying for forgetting and it's a bitch.)

QueenJazz

Archivist
Archivist
Reaction score
Awards
sigh I would tell my past self 1- don’t wait until you exhausted all your mundane options/efforts to do magic on the situation.
2- Don’t wait for things to go downhill to do magic. Expect the worse case scenario for any given situation then cast spells in order to prevent it before it happens. (If that makes sense if it doesn’t I can give examples to explain it better)

QueenJazz

Archivist
Archivist
Reaction score
Awards
Let me add
3- learn and cast different kind of spells for different life situations as much as you can even if you don’t need it at the present moment , don’t just focus on the type of spells that applies to your current situation, because you never know what life is going to throw at you. so that in case of an emergency you are magically equipped and ready to deal with it