• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Opinion] Angel visualization

Everyone's got one.

Lemongrass00

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Hello all,

I am very interested in hearing y’alls opinions on how exactly you perceive ‘angels’ when doing rituals, obviously this depends on what ritual you are doing but I mean more so with routine invoking/ banishing.

for me, when I do elemental invocations, for whatever reason it comes easiest to me to actually see the archangel in a human form, but the other angels/ rulers/ kings/ queens around me appear from the middle of the pentagram and swirl into an orb or triangle with their appropriate color.

I would love to hear other’s opinions.

Vandheer

Disciple
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
Spesifically talking about back when I used to do rituals, in LIRP visualisations, they look like Assassins to me, kinda like this.

Hasan-e_Sabah%2C_rycina%2C_XIX_w.jpg

But they have an absence of a face.

One thing I always noticed is there is always a wind no matter what direction or element I was. And in Ophiels book, he introduces you to "four winds" and he integrates them into LBRP. Since I didn't follow Golden Dawn by heart I gladly added the winds into the ritual like Ophiel suggested.

I went a little too offside, sorry.

Pyrokar

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
as far as i know the GD or Thelema have a detailed system of attributes for angels and such
you put in all the details and match it to the system and you end up with the supposed
image or form they would feel comfortable with.

i personally like to see them as babies in diapers with pigeon wings and harps waiting
for any chance to be of service to me in particular

though im left hand to death the lack of fearful respect towards the angels makes me bounce off the walls
but all the rant aside, pretty much like you, semi-humanoid shapes etc

Pyrokar

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
remember when the normies caught on to accurate depictions of angels
and it was a whole thing on yt and social media like they figured out water is wet
and then everyone was a phd in angelology

i just hope to live to see the judgement day when they swoop down
and absolutely smite everything. screaming and gurgling all over and the smell of barbeque
would be the best day ever.

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
remember when the normies caught on to accurate depictions of angels
and it was a whole thing on yt and social media like they figured out water is wet
and then everyone was a phd in angelology

i just hope to live to see the judgement day when they swoop down
and absolutely smite everything. screaming and gurgling all over and the smell of barbeque
would be the best day ever.
Like the descriptions from the book of Ezekiel, but never like the "men" how they are described in the other books of the Bible 😅

I visualize them in human form, also like @Vandheer said without a face mostly.

They always look like the old Marvel and DC comics heroes to me though.

stratamaster78

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
I picture the Archangels in a human-esq way in the LBRP/LIRP.

But I also picture them as about 9-10 Feet tall with Large Wings and extended the Wing span is Massive… like probably 25-30 feet wide.

I’ll picture each one in the appropriate qtr just really large like that just outside of my sphere like they are guarding the qtrs .

Oh and I think of them as having a face but I’m not picturing them having a specific face.

I only add a particular eye color and hair color and skin pigment based on the appropriate season.

Like Michael has dark hair and eyes and is really tan.

But Auriel/Uriel has dark hair and very pale skin.

If I add Metatron above he is Blindinly White… like almost transparent like he is made of Crystal from head to toe but is sitting on a Large Crystal throne above me.

Lemongrass00

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Spesifically talking about back when I used to do rituals, in LIRP visualisations, they look like Assassins to me, kinda like this.

Hasan-e_Sabah%2C_rycina%2C_XIX_w.jpg

But they have an absence of a face.

One thing I always noticed is there is always a wind no matter what direction or element I was. And in Ophiels book, he introduces you to "four winds" and he integrates them into LBRP. Since I didn't follow Golden Dawn by heart I gladly added the winds into the ritual like Ophiel suggested.

I went a little too offside, sorry.
That’s really interesting, would the winds carry characteristics of the elements? For example a warm wind, cold wind, etc?
Post automatically merged:

I only add a particular eye color and hair color and skin pigment based on the appropriate season
Yes I do this too, especially the eyes, very cool
If I add Metatron above he is Blindinly White… like almost transparent like he is made of Crystal from head to toe but is sitting on a Large Crystal throne above me.
I also add Metatron, have you experimented with adding Sandalphon below you?

Vandheer

Disciple
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
That’s really interesting, would the winds carry characteristics of the elements? For example a warm wind, cold wind, etc?

They corresponded to directions and seasons if my memory serves me correct. You could search "Anemoi".

Importance of directions in GD rituals are often overlooked for the favor of elements. (I would know. I am one of of those clowns.)

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
I'm very paranoid about deluding myself and unconsciously imagining things according to the mainstream occult script so I try not to visualize the archangels during the LBRP at all - associated elements, colours, that's it. If some sort of apparation comes spontaneously through, then fine, then I'm having an unprovoked vision but I don't want to force it.

Once I got a fleeting picture of Uriel as a bolt of rough brown cloth against a dark background - maybe not very angelic but the symbolism is correct. I like to think of the archangels as tremendous forces, and whichever visual shape they choose to take when they reveal themselves is up to them (or some symbolic archetypes or whatever for my subconscious to express in the psychological model). Nevertheless, the pull of anthropomorphic imagery (human figure in a long robe with wings) is presumably strong for everybody having grown up in a Judeo-Christian culture, I guess. I gently try to resist it and if that means that my LBRP archangels are currently blurred coloured patches of mist, so be it.

Lemongrass00

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
I'm very paranoid about deluding myself and unconsciously imagining things according to the mainstream occult script so I try not to visualize the archangels during the LBRP at all - associated elements, colours, that's it. If some sort of apparation comes spontaneously through, then fine, then I'm having an unprovoked vision but I don't want to force it.

Once I got a fleeting picture of Uriel as a bolt of rough brown cloth against a dark background - maybe not very angelic but the symbolism is correct. I like to think of the archangels as tremendous forces, and whichever visual shape they choose to take when they reveal themselves is up to them (or some symbolic archetypes or whatever for my subconscious to express in the psychological model). Nevertheless, the pull of anthropomorphic imagery (human figure in a long robe with wings) is presumably strong for everybody having grown up in a Judeo-Christian culture, I guess. I gently try to resist it and if that means that my LBRP archangels are currently blurred coloured patches of mist, so be it.
Why not give in to your subconscious prompts? Angels can not be detected by the five senses and I believe they use your subconscious beliefs to take shape in a form that is recognizable by us, I’d imagine it is very foreign for them to do.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
when I do elemental invocations, for whatever reason it comes easiest to me to actually see the archangel in a human form

Elementals seem to be the lowest kingdom in Existence

Why would an angel come for an elemental invocation?

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Like I said, I want it to happen spontaneously, like in a dream I have no control over, makes the experience more authentic, in my opinion, and convinces me I'm not LARPing.

Lemongrass00

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Like I said, I want it to happen spontaneously, like in a dream I have no control over, makes the experience more authentic, in my opinion, and convinces me I'm not LARPing.
That’s a fair point, but don’t you think by channeling your will to visualize, it may bring greater success? Almost like meeting them halfway.

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Why wouldn’t they?
Damien Echols has this theory that the elemental archangels, the archangels of the Tree of Life and the archangels as stand-alone forces are different entities. So according to him, the fiery Michael of the LBRP, the Michael of Hod and the Archangel Michael would be separate beings.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Why wouldn’t they?
Elementals are managed by lesser devas (nature spirits).

Lesser devas are largely managed by greater devas (commonly known as angels)

As far as I can see, an elemental invocation will not usually attract the attention of higher devas unless there are karmic effects being generated.

Lemongrass00

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Elementals are managed by lesser devas (nature spirits).

Lesser devas are largely managed by greater devas (commonly known as angels)

As far as I can see, an elemental invocation will not usually attract the attention of higher devas unless there are karmic effects being generated.
It’s just a label game, I’m using angel as an approximation to the true entity, you may call it deva or anything else.

Damien Echols has this theory that the elemental archangels, the archangels of the Tree of Life and the archangels as stand-alone forces are different entities. So according to him, the fiery Michael of the LBRP, the Michael of Hod and the Archangel Michael would be separate beings.
I agree with this interpretation, in the end they are all abstractions used to rationalize something so foreign to the human mind.

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
That’s a fair point, but don’t you think by channeling your will to visualize, it may bring greater success? Almost like meeting them halfway.

Define 'success' in the LBRP. See Damien Echol's theory above... the way things are now, the LBRP archangels are indeed anonymous and not very strong but whenever I try to contact them individually, outside the LBRP, I almost get bowled over by their power.

stratamaster78

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards

Yep I also use Sandalphon below and use similar color associations as Auriel/Uriel but in a more ‘Regal’ way and in Balance to Metatron I also picture Sandalphon on a large Throne but one that is more ‘Earthy’…lol