• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Anyone Know of Good Magical Incantations

Crows&Ravens

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
I'm just looking for a incantation to charge Herbs, and if you can provide protection incantations as well that will be great, really I need a list of incantations because I can't come with my own and I do prefer using one's that are widely used. I am sure there is something in the book shares so I will take a look there.

Thanks in advance.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I find that most plant spirits are quite fussy/annoyed about their plants being picked/harvested. So you might start by apologizing to the plant species deva and sending it some heart light

The deva might look kindly on you and activate your herbs

I suspect right relationship is superior to incantation - but it does take more work and worthiness

Crows&Ravens

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
I find that most plant spirits are quite fussy/annoyed about their plants being picked/harvested. So you might start by apologizing to the plant species deva and sending it some heart light

The deva might look kindly on you and activate your herbs

I suspect right relationship is superior to incantation - but it does take more work and worthiness
I'm not sure if I posted thread like this already but I think I've done already what you suggested and felt it work. I completely forgot about it.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
. I completely forgot about it.

I have noticed on a sequence of occasions my memory repeatedly failing when I wanted to record an inner event. When my memory failed yet again, I told the oppressing spirits to p off. Immediately what I was trying remember appeared in my mind

Who is the boss of my mind?

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Jason Miller has a lot of incantations in his Strategic Sorcery Course, presumably also in "Protection and Reversal Magick":

You might want to look into the Orante gesture, Damon Brand uses it somewhere, and it's described in more detail in Denning & Phillips's "Mysteria Magica" (p. 48 in the PDF file) - allegedly good for consecrating/charging a talisman or other object:

Crows&Ravens

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
I have noticed on a sequence of occasions my memory repeatedly failing when I wanted to record an inner event. When my memory failed yet again, I told the oppressing spirits to p off. Immediately what I was trying remember appeared in my mind

Who is the boss of my mind?
Sometimes you need to force spirits to p off, words don't always work but may work with other means as well such as burning herbs.
Post automatically merged:

Jason Miller has a lot of incantations in his Strategic Sorcery Course, presumably also in "Protection and Reversal Magick":

You might want to look into the Orante gesture, Damon Brand uses it somewhere, and it's described in more detail in Denning & Phillips's "Mysteria Magica" (p. 48 in the PDF file) - allegedly good for consecrating/charging a talisman or other object:

Omg I still haven't read Protection and Reversal Magick, thanks for reminding me. You're second or third person now..

I'll download the other two right now and get reading. Thank you.

Ziran

Zealot
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
protection incantations

two of my favorites:

"maybe-so-maybe-not"​
"nothing-more-nothing-less"​

They disarm any malevolent "thought-forms" ( spirits, demons, curses, etc... ) but they do not reverse a negative decree, judgement, karma, etc. They're phrased specifically so as not to counter any of your own incantations.

They can be applied in the moment, rapidly, if one detects something slightly off about any situation. It's like flipping a switch to the off position. They can also be employed proactively if one is intentionally embarking into "unknown territory". Because angels/demons operate in a hierarchy, one only needs to know and disarm the captains. This disarms the entire horde. They collapse like a house of cards. Then one can procede boldly wherever they choose to go.

Malevolent spirits, demons, curses require belief. That's their "oxygen". These incantations, deny them the "air" they need to "breathe". It snuffs them out.

Perhaps you've heard the expression "silencing" a wizard? They're not talking about a gag around the mouth.

pixel_fortune

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Source:
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

These prayers are meant to be used when herbs are gathered.

Translations from the edition of John I. McEnerney, “Precatio Terrae and Precatio Omnium Herbarum”, by Ɔ. Martiana (Unhistorize).

Prayer to the Earth (lat. Terra)

Holy goddess Earth (lat. Tellus), parent of the nature of things,
Who generate all things and regenerate the stars,
Who alone offer yourself as guardian to all peoples,
Goddess of heaven and the sea, and judge of all things,
Through you does nature rest and catch sleep,
And again you bring back light and rout the night;
You cover the shades of Dis and the immense chaos,(1)
You contain the winds, rains and storms,
And at your will, you let loose and mix the seas,
And you rout the suns and stir up the gales
And then again, when you wish, you send out a pleasant day.
You deal out the sustenance of life with eternal faithfulness
And when the soul recedes, we escape into yourself,
And whatever you deal out, all things fall back into yourself.
Rightfully you are called the Great Mother-of-Gods
Because you have excelled the powers of the gods(2) in devotion
And you are truly that parent of peoples and gods
Without whom nothing can die or be born.
You are great and you are the queen of the gods, o goddess!

I pray to you, goddess, and I invoke your divine power (numen),
And may you, gentle one, provide me with what I ask of you,
And I shall return, goddess, thanks with merited faithfulness.
Hear me, I ask, and favor what I have begun.
What I ask of you, goddess, be willing to provide me with.

Whatever herbs your majesty generates, you distribute for the sake of health to all peoples. Make this your medicine licit to me. Come to me with your powers. Whatever I shall make from these (herbs), let it have a good outcome; and to whomever I shall give them, whoever shall receive them from me, keep them healthy. Now, goddess, I demand that (your) majesty shall help me in whatever I humbly ask of you.

(1) The Earth contains the underworld (chaos, the realm of Dis) within it.
(2) "Divum numina", meaning simply “other gods”.

The final part is in prose, and open to adaptation for any given herb and use of the herb.

Prayer to All Herbs

Now(1) I pray to all you powerful herbs; and I implore your majesty, you whom mother Earth (parēns Tellūs) has generated and given to all peoples for a gift. She gathered up the medicine of health and (her/your) majesty in you, so that you would be the most useful assistance to all humankind. Therefore I humbly entreat and pray to you. Be present here with your powers, because the one who has created you has himself permitted me to gather you, and he to whom medicine has been entrusted(2) also approves. So far as your power is able, Furnish good medicine for the sake of health. Furnish favor to me, I pray, through your protection and, by all your powers, may whatever I shall make from you and to whichever person I shall give it take very swift effect and have good outcomes, so that it shall always be permitted to me, by the approval of your majesty, to gather you; and I will deposit produce (frūgēs) for you(3) and give thanks in the name of the majesty which commanded you to grow.

(1) After the prayer to the Earth.
(2) Asclepius(?).
(3) i.e. in the place the herbs have been taken from.