• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Brain jolts

Jiggywiggy

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
So I was wondering if anyone else gets this when meditating.

I usually do 1-2 hours of meditation a day. Preferably either in the afternoon or evening and usually in one session. I find that usually an hour into it I get brain jolts. Let me explain.

It's usually about 20 minutes in I get trailing thoughts which easily push aside, but after an hour when I push them aside I get these brain jolts. The jolts don't hurt, almost like a surge of energy through my head that energises me. It's a new effect I've been getting in the last few weeks. Been meditating like this for about a year or more now. When I push the thoughts aside I don't do it forcefully and acknowledge them lovingly. I assume I must be close to done kind of sleep mode cause I also get the itchy nose around this time too.

Any thoughts? Anyone else have this happen to them too? Just curious.

Reaction score
Awards
Could be myself and others pushing energy into the TA current. That current might be extended to all here, not sure, OwnChef would know about that. Or you've made progress and contact.

Lemongrass00

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
So I was wondering if anyone else gets this when meditating.

I usually do 1-2 hours of meditation a day. Preferably either in the afternoon or evening and usually in one session. I find that usually an hour into it I get brain jolts. Let me explain.

It's usually about 20 minutes in I get trailing thoughts which easily push aside, but after an hour when I push them aside I get these brain jolts. The jolts don't hurt, almost like a surge of energy through my head that energises me. It's a new effect I've been getting in the last few weeks. Been meditating like this for about a year or more now. When I push the thoughts aside I don't do it forcefully and acknowledge them lovingly. I assume I must be close to done kind of sleep mode cause I also get the itchy nose around this time too.

Any thoughts? Anyone else have this happen to them too? Just curious.
Very interesting, does it always happen at about an hour? The most I have ever pushed myself was about 40 minutes, after 20 minutes all thoughts are silenced and my mind becomes as still as a pond. I am very curious about these brain jolts though…

Jiggywiggy

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
The best I can explain it is the feeling you get when your trying to stay up at night. Just as your about to nod off and catch yourself, that's the feeling closest to it. That's why I'm assuming it's a kind of sleep mode since I do the meditations in the latter of the day.

My mind's is pretty active, but I can usually calm it by listening to the hum I hear when I'm still. This hum is what helps me meditate for so long.

This is the hum:
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Lemongrass00

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Ah now I understand, maybe it could be the start of separation of your etheric or astral body and you’re subconsciously stopping yourself with your nerves or fears.