• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Opinion] Combining different magical traditions

Everyone's got one.
Reaction score
Awards
Great weekend everyone.

what are your thoughts on combining pantheons?

I combine the Egyptian & the Hebrew 1 mostl.
Some swear up and down not to do so.
Moreso RHP.
I don't see an issue aside from the symbolic conflict of the two pantheons messing with self.
But ... Osiris, Christ and others were crucified by evil.
In Liber Isabel, Thoth, Hermes, Mercury Odin. All referred to as aspects of a particular force.

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Great weekend everyone.

I don't really see a problem with it. When you believe that God (or whoever you see as the Most High) truly is above all, then he/she/it/them/xey.. also rules the other pantheons.
Because most of what I do depends on reinterpreting words or names i have no issue with switching or combining.

KjEno186

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Reaction score
Awards
I've read that some deities conflict with each other. You'd have to exercise some care about that otherwise you might have a spiritual war in your temple space. ⚔️ :ROFLMAO:

hungry_ghost

Internet Forum NPC
Reaction score
Awards
Great weekend everyone.

People work with multiple spirits from the Goetia without any problems and it's a hodgepodge of Gods and Goddesses from different pantheons. I say Goddesses because they get the gender wrong on some of those spirits and they don't seem to mind.

Same thing applies with Lhp books. The Draconian Tradition works with both Egyptian and Hebrew spirits. They don't have any problems.

Michael Ford mixes Spirits from Zoroastrianism with just about every pantheon he can think of and Luciferians don't seem to have a problem.

It's really up to you and what kind of bonds you've established with the spirits you work with.

Reaction score
Awards
Yeah, but with every spirit you summon, you've created a psychic bridge. Not that the human mind cannot handle it in general, but some need a limit. You don't have to evoke everyone under the sun if you don't want to, and it might be a wise choice.
So, in mixing pantheons, some simply will not get along with each other, as many still seem competitive or tribal in nature, and with those psychic bridges established, a skirmish in the mind may result.
If there seems to be no issue, go with the flow then.

Jk666

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
I get the strongest results from mixing the war deities of the different pantheon: Odin, tyr, Loki & because the Hebrew 1 is so peaceful I work exclusively with the qlipoths & the shadows & demons the sphiroths cast from the divine light

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
In one of his books Zechariah Sitchin demonstrates pretty well that there is only one set of "gods" on the planet at a time - until the next round of the war in the heavens changes who are the occupiers

Jk666

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
@Roma how exactly a book can prove there’s only 1 set of gods if every land has its own gods?

every people has their own myths, gods/giants.

the gods in imo are just masks for forces of nature.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I found that reading the book was very useful

For example compare the brother-sister pairs of Osiris-Isis and Fuxi-Nuwa. Notice how many similarities are present in physical forms and contributions to civilization.

Reaction score
Awards
I've noticed a lot of people pick patrons unlike themselves. Not realizing those like themselves carry their own unique powers, as well as common powers.
I can't base this opinion on that I've experienced this, it just came to mind.

hungry_ghost

Internet Forum NPC
Reaction score
Awards
I've noticed a lot of people pick patrons unlike themselves. Not realizing those like themselves carry their own unique powers, as well as common powers.
I can't base this opinion on that I've experienced this, it just came to mind.
There's a lot of reasons why it would appear that way. In shadow work the patron would represent a hidden aspect of the self. In Luciferianism it would be called a deific mask or latent power. There are many things that dwell within our subconscious that we're not aware of. The point is you could actually be just like the patron you picked out even if you're total opposites. The problem is you just don't know it yet.

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I would love to. my magick is more in the knowing where to step on a wave and leave the wave in time. The one im talking about is created by crystalline spiders.
Maybe they should call it weave magick as that fits better.

I will have to ask/prey for permission to write the specifics out.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
ask/prey for permission
What a curious typo

"intr.v. preyed, prey·ing, preys
To hunt, catch, or eat as prey: Owls prey on mice.
2. To victimize or make a profit at someone else's expense: swindlers who prey upon the weak.
3. To plunder or pillage: Vikings preying on coastal settlements.
4. To exert a baneful or injurious effect: Remorse preyed on his mind."

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Well, uhh tru. I'm used to living in a kill or be killed world. So there is a need to bow and ask certain beings and there is a need to prey on other beings to at least scare them to give me the words to type it out.

And as it is a weave thing, life needs to work along annd it just did, i just got an invitation to visit a surinam friend today.

Gotta love winti spirits. 💖