• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Daily Card Pull

Jaide

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
Does anyone do this? I've seen it used for meditations, setting the tone for the day, telling you which direction you should be going, yes or no questions, etc. I've been "learning tarot" for...decades but ADHD always interferes. Trying to buckle down rn, and started using a daily card pull to help me memorize the meanings. Kinda like flashcards. How I'm utilizing the message depends on what I feel like I need that day before I pull the card.

I'm using The Witches Tarot which is currently my favorite deck. I pulled the 6 of Cups upright, and I've read the meaning at least 10 times since I pulled it and I'm still going to have to read it again to accurately insert it here. YAY ADHD!!!

Interpretation - Devotion, love of life in all aspects, spiritual uplifting.

I asked if I'm on the right track, and that's the track I've been on lately, so I'm taking it as a yes. 😬

What card did you pull today? Do you feel like its message is what you needed to hear? Isn't it funny how sometimes the cards are like, "I know you THINK you need to hear that, but this is what I'm gonna tell you."?

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
I don't personally do this, as I am a noob at divination and not in a hurry to change that. However, I know several people who do do this.

Good idea though, I think it'd be nice to have a thread where everyone who does this can share and learn from.

Jaide

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
I've always been really drawn to the cards, and despite the fact that I've had trouble getting all the interpretations straight in my head, they seem to like working with me, too. Almost always on point, except when they're like, "You're not gonna want to hear this, but..." We've got 3 tarot decks (Rider Waite, Witches Tarot, and Dragon Tarot) and a faery oracle deck that we bought mostly for the artwork. I haven't tried working with that one, yet, bc I don't want to piss off the fae. I've got enough going on rn without them messing with me, too.

I'll add my daily pulls to this thread from now on (when I remember), and I'd love it if anyone else who does this added theirs too.

SkullTraill

Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
I've always been really drawn to the cards, and despite the fact that I've had trouble getting all the interpretations straight in my head, they seem to like working with me, too. Almost always on point, except when they're like, "You're not gonna want to hear this, but..." We've got 3 tarot decks (Rider Waite, Witches Tarot, and Dragon Tarot) and a faery oracle deck that we bought mostly for the artwork. I haven't tried working with that one, yet, bc I don't want to piss off the fae. I've got enough going on rn without them messing with me, too.

I'll add my daily pulls to this thread from now on (when I remember), and I'd love it if anyone else who does this added theirs too.
You know, despite not being big into divination myself, I've always loved the look of artistic tarot decks. I should get one... actually... I might make one... So anyone feel free to suggest/request!

Awesome, sounds good! If it picks up steam I'll sticky the thread.

Jaide

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
The Witches Tarot uses the King, Queen, Prince, and Princess as modifier cards. When you pull them, they're meant to clarify the meaning of the next card you pull. This can get tricky bc I once pulled 3 modifiers before a non-modifier.

Today, I pulled the Queen of Pentacles and the Two of Swords, both upright.

ac6eyp0.jpeg

I asked what I should do today. The cards basically said I'm already doing it.

Interpretation -

Queen of Pentacles - That indicated by the card modified has begun physically--it has taken on a physical concept. The seed has been planted, roots sent out--the Journey has begun.
Two of Swords - Forceful action, will power. Action does have energy behind it. Querent can move if he or she has found the proper direction in which to do so.

Sooo I'm going to finish picking up some, do some reading in Tarot: A New Handbook For the Apprentice by Eileen Connolly, and later, I'll get some more work done on the transcription project.

4UedR2u.jpeg

Hope everyone is having a great day so far. 💜

Jaide

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
Today's card was The Horned One upright. The cards' creators are very adamant that he is not the devil and shouldn't be treated as such.

I asked what's gonna happen with our car. What? It's in the shop and I'm nervous.

The Horned One upright is interpreted as acceptance of that which cannot be proved; faith. I was going to post the pic, but for some reason Imgur banned the photo. So weird. I mean, there's butts on it. Drawn butts, not real butts. Could that be it?

Anyway, bc I'm optimistic to a fault, I'm gonna assume that means the car repairs are going to work out fine and we'll be okay. Now we wait for the call to tell us if I'm right.

SkullTraill

Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Today's card was The Horned One upright. The cards' creators are very adamant that he is not the devil and shouldn't be treated as such.

I asked what's gonna happen with our car. What? It's in the shop and I'm nervous.

The Horned One upright is interpreted as acceptance of that which cannot be proved; faith. I was going to post the pic, but for some reason Imgur banned the photo. So weird. I mean, there's butts on it. Drawn butts, not real butts. Could that be it?

Anyway, bc I'm optimistic to a fault, I'm gonna assume that means the car repairs are going to work out fine and we'll be okay. Now we wait for the call to tell us if I'm right.
That's weird that Imgur banned it... I'm sure I've uploaded some tiddies on there before and never had an issue... but I have had issues where stuff just refuses to properly upload (it'll show it in an album as if it's uploaded, but I can't get the link)... those didn't have anything to do with nudity though.

Also, best wishes for the car! Hope Incog walks home alright haha.

Stay Safe Barack Obama GIF by Election 2020

oggunista80

Neophyte
Reaction score
I dont know what kind spread its called. Past, present, future with an "as above-so below". I normally do 2 cards at each position.

Today: 9 of swords & 6 of cups in present
Queen of Pents & 10 of cups in future
As above : knight & queen of Wands
As below: judgement & 7 of wands.

Jaide

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
That's weird that Imgur banned it... I'm sure I've uploaded some tiddies on there before and never had an issue... but I have had issues where stuff just refuses to properly upload (it'll show it in an album as if it's uploaded, but I can't get the link)... those didn't have anything to do with nudity though.

Also, best wishes for the car! Hope Incog walks home alright haha.

Yeah, I dunno what I did. I might try reuploading it privately.

I walked with him! It was fine. Just 2.11 miles in the mountains, so all uphill. Lol. We survived, though. Have to go back today to pick up the car, but thankfully, that's all downhill. Oh! And the card was right. It's fine. Annoying af. But fine.

SkullTraill

Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Yeah, I dunno what I did. I might try reuploading it privately.

I walked with him! It was fine. Just 2.11 miles in the mountains, so all uphill. Lol. We survived, though. Have to go back today to pick up the car, but thankfully, that's all downhill. Oh! And the card was right. It's fine. Annoying af. But fine.
Nice! Glad to hear it!

The God-King

The Mystical Rebel
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Not on the daily but if I have a particular issue or challenge I'm going through I may do a card pull each day for a a week or so just to see how things may play out. But aside from that, no. I only do readings when necessary.

Jaide

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
Today I got The Emperor reversed, and I had a moment of "oh no" because I always forget that reversed doesn't always mean negative or bad.

The forum doesn't like the link so I can't post the pic. I'm batting a thousand the last couple days. Lol.

Anyway...

I asked what's today going to be like.

Interpretation: Renewed Energy. Querent can put ideas, especially spiritual ones, into action.

I'm feeling like the cards might have caught on to what seems to be a bit of a spiritual awakening for me.

SkullTraill

Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
The forum doesn't like the link so I can't post the pic. I'm batting a thousand the last couple days. Lol.
What do you mean? Can you PM me the link?

Jaide

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
When I started this thread, I def didn't take into consideration the fact that I kinda disappear on the weekends.

Friday, I wasn't feeling it, so I didn't do it.

Saturday, I told the cards to tell me what they want me to know and I got 10 of Swords upright.

Interpretation: You'll see the physical results of your actions--their pleasantness or unpleasantness depending on the action.

Daunting.

I forgot on Sunday, bc I was too busy killing zombies.

Today, I told the cards to tell me what they want me to know again and the deck literally threw two cards at me while I was shuffling, so I decided that was a sign.

Ten of cups upright: True feelings manifest. Feelings no longer unsure. That which you intuited comes to pass.

Six of pentacles: Prosperity, healing, financial balance.

I'm liking the sound of that last one.

Jaide

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
Did you miss me? Shut up, you know you did. I was having a moment. Yeah, that's what we'll call it.

Anyway, today's question was about direction. Which one I should take, specifically. I got the 3 of pentacles reversed, which is all about weakness and not doing anything.

IHaIxY0.jpg

Interpretation: Weakness, no energy, no chance to gain through work, unwillingness to work

I was asking which direction I should take in life, but I'm guessing the cards answered the direction I should take today bc I've had a migraine since yesterday and nothing is shaking it.

Fun times.

Hope y'all are having a better day than me. <3

SkullTraill

Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Did you miss me? Shut up, you know you did. I was having a moment. Yeah, that's what we'll call it.

Anyway, today's question was about direction. Which one I should take, specifically. I got the 3 of pentacles reversed, which is all about weakness and not doing anything.

IHaIxY0.jpg

Interpretation: Weakness, no energy, no chance to gain through work, unwillingness to work

I was asking which direction I should take in life, but I'm guessing the cards answered the direction I should take today bc I've had a migraine since yesterday and nothing is shaking it.

Fun times.

Hope y'all are having a better day than me. <3
How come you're showing the paragraph for "Two of Pentacles" but the card says "THREE"?

Heliona

Neophyte
Reaction score
Does anyone do this? I've seen it used for meditations, setting the tone for the day, telling you which direction you should be going, yes or no questions, etc. I've been "learning tarot" for...decades but ADHD always interferes. Trying to buckle down rn, and started using a daily card pull to help me memorize the meanings. Kinda like flashcards. How I'm utilizing the message depends on what I feel like I need that day before I pull the card.

I'm using The Witches Tarot which is currently my favorite deck. I pulled the 6 of Cups upright, and I've read the meaning at least 10 times since I pulled it and I'm still going to have to read it again to accurately insert it here. YAY ADHD!!!

Interpretation - Devotion, love of life in all aspects, spiritual uplifting.

I asked if I'm on the right track, and that's the track I've been on lately, so I'm taking it as a yes. 😬

What card did you pull today? Do you feel like its message is what you needed to hear? Isn't it funny how sometimes the cards are like, "I know you THINK you need to hear that, but this is what I'm gonna tell you."?
Hello! I was just watching and reading something about meditation, using tarot cards. Personally, I didn't yet do it, obviously, but I think I will start. Although I will try meditating as if inserting myself into the card and trying to grasp the meaning of the question. Funny how it happened only now (my reading about it) when I stumbled upon your post. 😁

Jaide

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
How come you're showing the paragraph for "Two of Pentacles" but the card says "THREE"?
Oh shit. Because I had one of the worst migraines I've had in my life (still do) and completely spaced on what I was looking at! Now I have to see what the 3 means lol

Jaide

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
Hello! I was just watching and reading something about meditation, using tarot cards. Personally, I didn't yet do it, obviously, but I think I will start. Although I will try meditating as if inserting myself into the card and trying to grasp the meaning of the question. Funny how it happened only now (my reading about it) when I stumbled upon your post. 😁
Synchronicity! 😄