• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Difficulties in visualization, meditation and magic/spellcasting

Reaction score
Awards
Hello,

All my life Ive had learning disorders and other phobias and disorders. Some affect me to this day like ADD, lack of comprehension, etc but now I can read doctorate material and understand most of it.

However, with ADD and learning issues, there is also aphasia and most of all lack of emotions (at all).

When I had a last psychotic episode, I became completely and near totally emotionally numb, thanks be to God who spoke to me recently. (through a tongues praying friend), words were said only7 God would know, and I feel an occasional crown tingle, and some sensitivity and compassion towards others lately.

Any advice would be helpful to myself and others. I do go to therapist aid and NAMI.

JMPtD

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Being contemplative of a plan or meditation throughout is a way Confucius says to get wisdom. moderation is a great key so remember or propping up reenforcement by austerity is so great. Shambahavi mahamudra may look towards the top of the chakras relative to a regular kundalini which might be obviously mystical for those doing the metaphysical activity or running by the idea while always practicing core philosophy, but also the looking up is sort of like pinning up the overall alignment of the task so intentionality is constant by plan and the attributes and potential emotions that still change the inner or outer rings beyond the middle ring the task.
Post automatically merged:

A good question that would be great to answer could be how can we explain to understand the chi of reality which is there for either a wizard as some might say to formulate a plan by the space/matter and time of it or is also there for a sorcerer to be able to read spontaneity quickly and act efficiently by it which is something that would be again nice to know what to explain about it, maybe a combination of qualities, order of wizardly, then sorcererly, then purerer chaos nature like in the Santa post today or also the methods of strategies which also one may benefit to attach the sorcery to the end being part of wizardly.

Last edited:

JMPtD

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
As we have complexions of the illnesses at this time, I noticed that touching the involuntary functioning body parts such as muscles, then subtler at breath (air or chest/belly), then finding a good 81 heart beats for heartbeat, can help us get to know the subtle energies without interfering by practicing caution for what is still anyway us though subtle; and strong physical is also important. Strong physical, clear mind, simple intense emotion, always experiencing superconsciousness. The involuntary can be so conceptual when not thinking about it or when not noticing its condition but interestingly time itself when being attentive is the path of the action while time might be generally carrying the qualia for conceptual consciousness carriers while space is the actual happenings that are interconnected and entire.

Reaction score
Awards
I think voice tends to go with image, or perhaps Im trying to rush the rituals.

Perhaps a starter question should be the definitions of and the difference between the terms see, imagine, and visualize.

Last edited:

Crows&Ravens

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
I think voice tends to go with image, or perhaps Im trying to rush the rituals.

Perhaps a starter question should be the definitions of and the difference between the terms see, imagine, and visualize.
Take your time when doing rituals. I know I've rushed through the rituals, spells. I had to re-do them but once I did I felt so much better afterwards.

Reaction score
Awards
Take your time when doing rituals. I know I've rushed through the rituals, spells. I had to re-do them but once I did I felt so much better afterwards.
I think this is also a key. When doing the Qabalistic Cross Ritual,not is hard to see through the darkness, but eventually I see the light, or lights, forming a golden cross.
On the LBRP, when taking my time, I can see the blue or white light of the pentagram, and see it burst into flame of a yellowish colored flame. On a good day I can see the others on either side as well as in front.
Invoking the Four Powers of Earth is difficult, I sometimes have to imagine the pentagrams as a grass green forced and not natural, and can then see the black Kerub.
The middle pillar is the hardest for me, even when doing the Neophyte Formula.
I think its because I try to rush through it.

All in all, thank you, depression is also a foe to visualization.

Crows&Ravens

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
I think this is also a key. When doing the Qabalistic Cross Ritual,not is hard to see through the darkness, but eventually I see the light, or lights, forming a golden cross.
On the LBRP, when taking my time, I can see the blue or white light of the pentagram, and see it burst into flame of a yellowish colored flame. On a good day I can see the others on either side as well as in front.
Invoking the Four Powers of Earth is difficult, I sometimes have to imagine the pentagrams as a grass green forced and not natural, and can then see the black Kerub.
The middle pillar is the hardest for me, even when doing the Neophyte Formula.
I think its because I try to rush through it.

All in all, thank you, depression is also a foe to visualization.
Feeling is better than seeing in my opinion, same as you. I can't visualise when I need to so I have to repeat certain words: "I am strength, I am courage, I am love and the light of the divine. My will is good and true." - after saying those words I get wonderful vibes which sometimes then I am able to see the things that I need to.

Anziel_Merkaba

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
If you're having issues with visualization skills, this thread is a basic guide to meditation/visualization exercises I came up with for the express purpose of strengthening mental skills like visualization and focus. I think you might have already seen the thread but the exercises are pretty easy and quite effective.

Reaction score
Awards
Yeah, I read your post. Will definitely use them.

It does make me wonder, viewing that thread and the basic issue of seeing pitch black with eyes closed, even trying to visualize a clear or cloudy sky, how much hold depression and or antipsychotics have on visualization/a type of aphasia in a way.

Last edited: