• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Do you listen to music while performing magic(k) or a ritual?

Phillian

Apprentice
Joined
Aug 16, 2026
Messages
75
Reaction score
110
Awards
3
Every time I enter the water or have the chance to meditate near a body of water, I gently chant this song, like a prayer between me & the water. Even thought my connection with water, particularly ocean & seas, is immediatially, I do this chant like a ritual and a gentle blessing from me to those waters and those who come to them to purify their bodies & souls.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

 

Kepler

Apostle
Joined
May 9, 2025
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
911
Awards
10
Song and environmental sounds linked to speedster godform to preserve harmonious entities from destruction.
 

ghouldigger

Neophyte
Joined
Aug 30, 2026
Messages
5
Reaction score
10
When I was younger, I used to make rituals based around songs lol! Corny to me now, but I think it helped with my creativity/correspondences.

Sometimes I play those crystal singing bowl videos in the background because I just like the ambience.

I always think it's fun to make a playlist to listen to before I do a working, and if it's divination related, whatever comes up on shuffle could be relevant! That's the only time I put on my regular music that I listen to all the time. Otherwise, it's usually something ambient. I really love the theremin and pick songs that use one if I'm feeling like playing some songs!

Sometimes silence is the mood though. It just depends. : )
 

Kepler

Apostle
Joined
May 9, 2025
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
911
Awards
10
I used to exclusively listen to ambient music as a beginner back when stilling the mind for concentration and the attribution of lyric and sound was difficult or impossible.
It's still enjoyable to listen to and valuable to wash the palate so to speak, like plain or lightly infused water. Before reengaging the processing power for the hooks of lyrics, heavy rhythms, and melodic structures.
 

Phillian

Apprentice
Joined
Aug 16, 2026
Messages
75
Reaction score
110
Awards
3
Overall, I think it depends on what I am channeling and the energy I feel the need for my craft. When I need something more rooted, I go for folk pagan music, like the Heilung band, particularly this song; it sends me right away into a trance.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

 

Kepler

Apostle
Joined
May 9, 2025
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
911
Awards
10
Silence applied as conceptual or narrative ambient music like in 4'33" and Devil Doll's The Girl Who Was... Death leads the listener to use the silent space in ways other than simply clearing the mind in a reduced sensory environment with contextual induction.
 

Phillian

Apprentice
Joined
Aug 16, 2026
Messages
75
Reaction score
110
Awards
3
Also, because of the entities I deal with, music is essential to connect with them, so I often hear or sing "Pontos Sagrados", which are sacred hymns to call them and connect with their energy, something that is usually done if you ever go to a Yoruba/Umbanda/Candomblé site, usually this songs not only welcome the entities but also result in inviting medium incorporations, it can happen even to first comers to the site, which often means either that person has a potencial for medium work or (most likely) that person is need of help and the entities are just pushing that one to the circle as a cry for help.

Here is one of those songs; the songs are cheerful, but others are more melancholic, since even inside an entity there are many forms of them and different aspects.
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

 

Xemuno

Neophyte
Joined
Nov 29, 2024
Messages
49
Reaction score
20
Awards
1
Let´s recommend some artists/bands of any genre to "get in the mood"!
I think that depends on you. You might feel that a particular melody connects you to the entity, since you are the beacon adding to the frequency. Some might listen to "Can You Hear the Music" from the movie Oppenheimer and connect with the Universal Source itself, or use it for their Merkabah.
Post automatically merged:

Let´s recommend some artists/bands of any genre to "get in the mood"!
Beyond that, it seems to me that music and magic go hand in hand—whether for inducing a trance and breaking away from the conscious self, or for pleasing the entity you are focusing on with your evocative emotional frequency. It is also used to charge any sigil or photograph with egregoric energy. In short, for me, music is everything.
 
Last edited:

Soror Epihania

Apprentice
Joined
Jan 24, 2026
Messages
75
Reaction score
111
Awards
1
Even if I'm not playing music I try to bring a musical lilt into reading off invocations, especially voces magicae. I'll also sing the Greek vowels to spirits. Sound as a medium for adjusting the state of mind and communicating to spirits is unparalleled in its potency. Vibration goes into our bodies and out into space and can serve as a field for contact in my experience.
 

xenopus

Neophyte
Joined
Feb 27, 2022
Messages
16
Reaction score
13
A combination of either: Alpha / Alpha Theta / Theta-Gamma binaural beats
 

frank1

Apprentice
Joined
Sep 1, 2026
Messages
55
Reaction score
41
Never during a ritual…no idea how their Egregore is going to affect things.
 

Kepler

Apostle
Joined
May 9, 2025
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
911
Awards
10
For the generated emotional state along the scale of the narrative
 

Phillian

Apprentice
Joined
Aug 16, 2026
Messages
75
Reaction score
110
Awards
3
Anything by Scriabin is also a good option for meditation and introspection in occult themes, since he also studied occult arts and incorporate in some of his musical compositions.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

 

Tehuti

Neophyte
Joined
Jul 4, 2024
Messages
34
Reaction score
28
When working with entities from favor, protection and money ,i usually listen to fallen angels by black sherif it works perfectly, sometimes listening to it while meditating invokes my Patreon. Try it and you will love it.
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

 

frost77

Visitor
Joined
Jul 31, 2026
Messages
2
Reaction score
4
Let´s recommend some artists/bands of any genre to "get in the mood"!
A duo called Aghast, who had one record on Cold Meat Industry.
Post automatically merged:

Anything by Scriabin is also a good option for meditation and introspection in occult themes, since he also studied occult arts and incorporate in some of his musical compositions.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
I like The Mysterium.
 
Top