• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Do You Think That There Could Be Some Sort Of A Hell Or Hell Realms After Death?

Diluculo_DelFuego

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
Probably because they are not free of suffering, besides the points from Siddartha, not being free of suffering lends freedom somewhere else. Guess where this freedom lies ...

Luzebel

Visitor
Reaction score
There is no religious hell, and the goetic entities don't live in fire and brimstone hell but in their own self-made planes (and they usually look quite pleasant). Hell was originally just separation from god, humans later added the fire and brimstone stuff to scare people and keep them in the flock. There are however lower astral planes where evil entities live, but nobody is forced there. It all depends on what is going on in your mind. In a way, these horrible abrahamic religions (I like to call them spiritual supremacy religions) will cause people to send themselves to their own hell, by convincing them they deserve it. Detaching myself from the idea of a creator god and from the idea of hell really opened my eyes on all of these things.

Diluculo_DelFuego

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
There is no religious hell, and the goetic entities don't live in fire and brimstone hell but in their own self-made planes (and they usually look quite pleasant). Hell was originally just separation from god, humans later added the fire and brimstone stuff to scare people and keep them in the flock. There are however lower astral planes where evil entities live, but nobody is forced there. It all depends on what is going on in your mind. In a way, these horrible abrahamic religions (I like to call them spiritual supremacy religions) will cause people to send themselves to their own hell, by convincing them they deserve it. Detaching myself from the idea of a creator god and from the idea of hell really opened my eyes on all of these things.
You and I obviously have differences in opinion then. My opinion is is that there is a hell. What am I doing here? Well if Im going to Hell, it makes sense to know what the heck Im doing. But, my interest in this has waned. I digress. too much prophesied in the Bible has come true. Too much archaeological evidence has been found. More will be found. Im pro anthropology btw, not trying to convert everyone here. Some of these named beings exist in the goetia and qlippoth, which is very interesting,

Last edited:

akenu

Neophyte
Reaction score
I personally don't think that the existence of hell as an afterlife makes much sense. It doesn't make much sense morally, because very few deeds would actually deserve eternal damnation, but it also doesn't make much sense from a logical perspective. What part of you would exactly go to hell? Your physical body just dies and rots away, giving nutrition to the new life. Your soul is technically not yours, there are actually even some mentions of there being just one soul that is shared between people.

If we simplify it, then the last part is your spirit, the "astral body", which manifested as a connection bridge between your physical body and the soul, but that astral body needs the soul and the corpus to experience things. So maybe hell is just the struggle we experience during life itself.

It also doesn't make much sense from the hermetic perspective, as everything is in constant change. Also, Qabbalah (at least the haSulam derivation I studied) speaks of the endless cycle that is there to help perfect the soul, from the Adam Protoplast to Adam Kadmon. Eternal damnation there also would be quite contradictory.

I also don't see it from the observation perspective. Everything in nature grows, develops, then withers and dies, giving nutrition to new life. Nature itself screams "Birth, death, and rebirth". It would be weird if the endless cycle was contained in the entire creation except for the afterlife.

Diluculo_DelFuego

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
Okay, but there has to be divine justice, and some means of balance, right? If there are horrid people, or horrid beings, why would we want to be one big happy family in the afterlife?

akenu

Neophyte
Reaction score
Okay, but there has to be divine justice, and some means of balance, right? If there are horrid people, or horrid beings, why would we want to be one big happy family in the afterlife?

Well, if you think about it, we are not one big happy family even now. People are born into different situations and states of poverty, we are born into this life with different predispositions for struggle and it is possible it will be the same in our next state of existence.

But it is also true that we often act in accordance with our situation. From our perspective serial killers are really bad people, right? But did they kill because they are bad people, or because they had a condition that lead to it? Maybe what we consider a bad person now, will be treatable in the future. Oh, you have murderous tendencies, here is a pill for that. So, should we judge somebody differently because they didn't have access to the same level of treatment?

I can also mention that different things are legal/illegal in different regions of the world. If we cannot agree on what the universal moral compass is, can we even comprehend what a moral definition of a supreme being would be? And would a supreme being even care about what we consider moral or immoral?

RoccoR

Zealot
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards

Do You Think That There Could Be Some Sort Of A Hell Or Hell Realms After Death?

※ → Diluculo_DelFuego, Luzebell, akin, et al,

The common assumption here is that implies the existence of a Supreme Being (ie God) and a separate plane of existence (something other than Hell) (Dre_87 refers to this as a "higher dimension" with a companion "heaven.")

In addition to just there possibly being some sort of hell that your soul can go to after death, and also I just want to very briefly make the assumption that you are all currently more awake beyond what mainstream society and reductionist-materialist mainstream science and atheism try to tell you is real.

It would also seem though that there could also be many multiple higher-dimensions and realms that we can incarnate into as well that would seem to be more like 'heaven', or at least compared to this place or something.
There is no religious hell, and the goetic entities don't live in fire and brimstone hell but in their own self-made planes (and they usually look quite pleasant). Hell was originally just separation from god,
You and I obviously have differences in opinion then. My opinion is is that there is a hell.
I personally don't think that the existence of hell as an afterlife makes much sense. It doesn't make much sense morally, because very few deeds would actually deserve eternal damnation, but it also doesn't make much sense from a logical perspective.
(COMMENT)

I think my two favorite scientists [(Dr Leonard Susskind, Stanford)(Dr Michelle Thaller, Goddard)] would smile. What we've done here is attached human expectations and human needs to the universe. This would include the higher dimensions and other planes of existence. The notion of a Supreme Being and the notion of other planes of existence are not quite the same things. We should not spiritualize the meaning of the COSMOS as we know so little about it.

Today, there is a theory that we (humans) can only see and observe about 5%(+/- a little bit) within the light range limiting factors we have today. That (roughly) means that in the other 95% of the universe, there are definitely forces and quite possibly other lifeforms that give a new shape and quality that we have yet to appreciate (beyond our imagination and capacity to understand). And somewhere in that 95% we are struggling to grasp, might lay the keys to the supernatural and magic.

Our life force and/or soul may just be made up of Dark Matter and Dark Energy.

1611604183365.png

Most Respectfully,
R

Diluculo_DelFuego

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
In addition to just there possibly being some sort of hell that your soul can go to after death, and also I just want to very briefly make the assumption that you are all currently more awake beyond what mainstream-society and reductionist-materialist mainstream science and atheism try to tell you is real..So now that we've got all of that out of the way, in addition to there possibly being some form of like a Christian hell that you can go to, in Buddhism it actually says that there are actually like a whole bunch of different kinds of hell realms, but that the suffering there is not eternal, and that their purpose is really to try to purify people's souls through pain and suffering or something like that I guess that you could say too.

In more 'New Age' types of circles and messages they sort of try to say that like 'Everybody's gonna make it' in the end, and that there really isn't any kind of a 'judgment', or even that that serial killer over there who just did all of that is probably just going to end up like 'partying' with you or something after you die too..I however don't really think that this is the case, and judging by how like incredibly fucked up this world is, I'm not so sure if just dying and leaving it is really necessarily going to make everything be like super awesome all of a sudden. I think that there probably is some sort of judgement that happens there too as well.

I mentioned before in a previous post that I came to sort of the realization that this reality also seems to be surprisingly 'Christian', and that spiritual beings like say 'God', 'Jehovah', 'Yahweh', 'Jesus', 'Arch-Angel Michael', 'Lucifer', and 'Satan' it would seem could actually be real beings that really actually exist in this world, or had existed on it at some point. It also seems that there is an 'energy' on Earth that you might actually describe as being 'Satanic', and that there really is spiritual warfare that exists here between the forces of Light and Dark, and good and evil and all of that stuff too.

It would also seem though that there could also be many multiple higher-dimensions and realms that we can incarnate into as well that would seem to be more like 'heaven', or at least compared to this place or something.

I don't really know or think that everybody's just 'gonna make it' in the end, or at least on this go-around on the reincarnation Samsara wheel. And in fact, I think that if a person is like some sort of say like 'serial-rapist/murderer' or something, or perhaps if they're also like some sort of 'genocidal-tyrant' or something too, then I don't really think that they're probably going to be going to a very good place at all after they die for probably a really long time..
By the very words used .. Hel, or Hell is a vast difference. Sheol would be the comparable term. However, Islam also believes in one of a similar nature I do believe. Hinduism and others not sure.
That's all hell is, is separation from god.
However he is there as well as in earth as well as in Heaven.

I cannot speak outside of JCI..
Faith. I have faith that chairs will support me.
Post automatically merged:

※ → Diluculo_DelFuego, Luzebell, akin, et al,

The common assumption here is that implies the existence of a Supreme Being (ie God) and a separate plane of existence (something other than Hell) (Dre_87 refers to this as a "higher dimension" with a companion "heaven.")

(COMMENT)

I think my two favorite scientists [(Dr Leonard Susskind, Stanford)(Dr Michelle Thaller, Goddard)] would smile. What we've done here is attached human expectations and human needs to the universe. This would include the higher dimensions and other planes of existence. The notion of a Supreme Being and the notion of other planes of existence are not quite the same things. We should not spiritualize the meaning of the COSMOS as we know so little about it.

Today, there is a theory that we (humans) can only see and observe about 5%(+/- a little bit) within the light range limiting factors we have today. That (roughly) means that in the other 95% of the universe, there are definitely forces and quite possibly other lifeforms that give a new shape and quality that we have yet to appreciate (beyond our imagination and capacity to understand). And somewhere in that 95% we are struggling to grasp, might lay the keys to the supernatural and magic.

Our life force and/or soul may just be made up of Dark Matter and Dark Energy.

1611604183365.png

Most Respectfully,
R

True, none of us will know until the end of our incarnation.
I think the best thing to do in this case is to come to the conclusion there might be one, so live by certain principles that will help you avoid being ensnared in that. One way we can do this is to alter our thought patterns as pointed out, and just roll with it.
Post automatically merged:

In addition to just there possibly being some sort of hell that your soul can go to after death, and also I just want to very briefly make the assumption that you are all currently more awake beyond what mainstream-society and reductionist-materialist mainstream science and atheism try to tell you is real..So now that we've got all of that out of the way, in addition to there possibly being some form of like a Christian hell that you can go to, in Buddhism it actually says that there are actually like a whole bunch of different kinds of hell realms, but that the suffering there is not eternal, and that their purpose is really to try to purify people's souls through pain and suffering or something like that I guess that you could say too.

In more 'New Age' types of circles and messages they sort of try to say that like 'Everybody's gonna make it' in the end, and that there really isn't any kind of a 'judgment', or even that that serial killer over there who just did all of that is probably just going to end up like 'partying' with you or something after you die too..I however don't really think that this is the case, and judging by how like incredibly fucked up this world is, I'm not so sure if just dying and leaving it is really necessarily going to make everything be like super awesome all of a sudden. I think that there probably is some sort of judgement that happens there too as well.

I mentioned before in a previous post that I came to sort of the realization that this reality also seems to be surprisingly 'Christian', and that spiritual beings like say 'God', 'Jehovah', 'Yahweh', 'Jesus', 'Arch-Angel Michael', 'Lucifer', and 'Satan' it would seem could actually be real beings that really actually exist in this world, or had existed on it at some point. It also seems that there is an 'energy' on Earth that you might actually describe as being 'Satanic', and that there really is spiritual warfare that exists here between the forces of Light and Dark, and good and evil and all of that stuff too.

I don't really know or think that everybody's just 'gonna make it' in the end, or at least on this go-around on the reincarnation Samsara wheel. And in fact, I think that if a person is like some sort of say like 'serial-rapist/murderer' or something, or perhaps if they're also like some sort of 'genocidal-tyrant' or something too, then I don't really think that they're probably going to be going to a very good place at all after they die for probably a really long time..
Actually, in light of my Protestant/Baptist upbringing and recent experiences, yrs, yes I do. Several different types of hell, but perhaps not like Paradise Lost, but several types or layers of hell.
As far as what to do if you messed up? Walk boldly through the gates.

Last edited: