• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Doing the Divine Will Daily

Reaction score
Awards
I personally look toward Isaiah 61:1 as an example of Divine Will that I would like to engage in.
What source or verse do you turn to to do the same, light or dark?
In what way has the process helped you in your life?
Do you find that doing the Divine Will daily gives you a certain power?

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
"The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me,
because the Lord has anointed me"

Why is God referred to as Lord ?

“You Shall Have No Other Gods Before Me”

What are the other Gods? I was taught they were statues but I do not know why the creator the universe would be worried about statues

I find that religious texts are written/rewritten to support particular groups of clerics

Intent in the Universe may not be centered upon humans

Reaction score
Awards
Well, as a non denominational Chrisitian, to be a true disciple, you have to be willing to live for the Lord (Jesus Christ). Other religions may vary. Krishna is called Lord. LORD in Hebrew was typically YHVH or El. Once Jah is mentioned, which the Rastifarians still worship.
Its hard to say really. It depends on your own religion and the willingness to recognize others and coexist peacefully.

The point is to contribute to helping the entire human race, realizing half are deaf and blind, spiritually speaking. That is, if I get to see and hear spiritually.

Example: A story of a wicked magician is told, where he basically did parlor tricks, tarot readings and held an evocation in front of his guests, one if which was a priest. This cannot stand, Evil should not be allowed to reign in the physical world.

But, if no other magicians these days confront and reject evil, then, well Im screwed and would have to continue to be me regardless.
I dont get it. Maybe because I dont want to be a world tyrant.

Here is a real world example. I live in a rough area of town, as it is mostly abandoned by the economy, the last stragglers holding on have gathered clientele of sorts. There are rougher areas I dont tread. One example is a block away where most people roll with 9mm handguns and or shotguns. Walking into the wrong apartment is a very wrong idea for you.
One area of my old town was the west side near the airport and auto plants, a a working class neighborhood. When the movie "Colors" came out in the 1980's, that neighborhood went Crip. All other areas are Blood.So, they are at an automatic disadvantage. New folks in my life were Crips, one of which learned about that side of town from me, and he was from the East coast. That area is now 10x tougher since they got schooled.
So, some of us have to go ground up, not sky down. The hope is to meet somewhere in the middle and then deal with the left-right hemispheres. The ground is not always rough, but we war not just without but within as well. The human race has always been tribal.

War is not the only prime goal my conception of God has for us all, my belief is that we can have non-chaotic, not-harmful lives. I am hard headed which makes for a sore behind. Nonetheless, there are several rules many religions agree on:
1. To be pure
2. To not murder
3. To not rape
4. To not have idols
5. To not cheat
6. To not lie

Last edited:

Bandaboy

Apprentice
Reaction score

What are the other Gods? I was taught they were statues but I do not know why the creator the universe would be worried about statues

I find that religious texts are written/rewritten to support particular groups of clerics

To understand the Bible, you must have the Spirit that is said to have inspired the Bible writers for obvious reasons. Otherwise, it would not be possible to understand with standard human faculties.

@Diluculo del Fuego, living the Divine Will actually increases your growth and the strength of the subtle & causal body. It can be likened to taking care or your Gross body for growth, feeding it well and all that. Living the Divine Will is mostly about living in the causal body.

Rzach

Visitor
Reaction score

The use of the word Lord is a translation issue. In many cases the translators are respecting the Hebrew tradition of not using their gods direct name. If the word Lord is in all caps, either small or large, then it is a direct reference to the use of the name YHVH in the original scripture in most translations. In this case it would be to replace the use of YHVH(יְהוִה) in the original scripture when looking at the scripture in Hebrew. In Hebrew tradition God's name is not supposed to be read aloud and they normally substitute the word Adonai which can be translated approximately to Lord.

Original Hebrew religious practice acknowledged other deities. They believed that their deity was supreme above all others though. Over time this changed to a Monotheistic approach. This led to outside gods being labeled false deities in Christianity and Islam. I am uncertain if modern Hebrew belief acknowledges other religions deities as being actual deities or if they are also considered false gods. Early Hebrew religion seems to have its origin in Canaanite beliefs but this is of course disputed by different scholars. Part of the problem in researching this is that most religious studies are influenced by the biases of the researcher. Many of the biblical and Hebrew scholars have particular beliefs they don't want to invalidate.

The history of the written bible is full of alterations and changes to the text. Martin Luther being a major force for the creation of the protestant faiths by editing the bible based on his personal beliefs is one of the major examples. Another would be the removal of the apocrypha in protestant bibles as a cost cutting measure in the 1800's. Then there are the differences in early versions of the gospels where translators have had to choose one version over another. Quite fascinating stuff from a scholarly point of view but probably quite boring to the average person.

Reaction score
Awards
Thats why Im a magician and not a theologian - I loved the Apocrypha, but wasn't gong ho about going to a bible college.
Post automatically merged:

Example on the OP for me: Mundane steps might be to get petitiontions to retry people on charges no longer relevant or illegal.
Mundane steps might be to take a First Aid and CPR course to be able to administer help while EMT arrive. And so on.
Magical steps .. well, there are very prominent names that could aid in this.