• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Help] Entity in my house

Someone's asking for help!

GreatOdinsRaven

Visitor
Reaction score
So it's been a few days now that an entity has been in our house. A friend banished a similar one (or perhaps this is the same one) a few months ago.

She's going to come by once she's back in town to try and deal with it for us. But I'm trying to think of ways I could deal with this myself.

There are random noises in the house all throughout the night.

I'm not scared of it until I wake up from a nightmare in the middle of the night and can hear the noises.

Is there any way that I could communicate with this being to find out what it wants? Or does it just want to feed off of our negative energy?

I just want to sleep through the night. I'm exhausted.

Any help/advice is appreciated!

Thanks.

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
wake up from a nightmare in the middle of the night and can hear the noises.

(...) does it just want to feed off of our negative energy?
It sounds like it. If it were me I'd do a banishing ritual, burn incense and say something like "If you are not a friend then get the fuck out". And once your friend who banished this before comes by, observe and watch what she does so that you can do it yourself if you need to.

There's also a cool coconut spell on here by the user @ryen

Incognitus

Lead Transcriber
Reaction score
Awards
I think Jaide and I are having a similar issue in our new house. We moved here middle of last year and there's been some fairly weird stuff. Our bedroom closet door opens on its own. It has a firm latch, can't vibrate open, and it's where we put the dirty clothes hamper. Right up next to the door. Last week I went to grab something and the door was 6-7" open. I have literally tried everything to pop it open (stomping, even straight out pulling on it), and it just does not open.

The other odd thing, if I open the closet door to get something, the cats hear it and immediately run in there to be as big of a pain in the ass as possible to get them out. You'd think I was hiding a kilo of sweet columbian catnip in there. When the closet door opens on its own, they never go in. They stay away from it.

Last night I was so exhausted I slept through the night (which is abnormal for me, I usually don't get a full nights sleep), but Jaide said there were a lot of weird noises. We do have cats, but they were both upstairs and "on guard". We've had this happen a few times. Sometimes occasionally makes them go batshit (... catshit?? haha). Jaide will be cuddling one of them and they'll suddenly become alert and stare intently at the top of the stairs to our bedroom or in a corner in the downstairs living room. We've had these 2 cats for 10+ years in multiple houses, and we've been here since July so they are acclimated. This is weird behavior for them.

As for communicating, go for it. Use whatever method you feel most comfortable with. If there's an actual entity, and they want to communicate, they'll make something known. Do your best not to be afraid or show fear. A lot of damage attributed to entities are actually self harm.

Be firm, like Yazata said, if you want to banish whatever is in your house. YOUR MINDSET MATTERS (might even be the most important thing). Even walking through with burning sage could be beneficial. Some of these rituals are less about magic and more about guiding your mindset to a specific place, calm you down, give you the mental energy and focus to deal with the problem.

We've used tarot cards and a spirit box that I built myself to try and communicate at this house. I won't rehash the technical details (there's a forum post on it), but suffice to say I live in an area that at the best of times can pick up maybe 2-3 FM radio stations, so most of the frequency being swept by the sprit box is 100% static. I also randomly hop frequencies, so I don't hit one of those 2-3 FM stations for more than 1 hop in a row.

This should result in absolutely nothing coming through the spirit box except mostly static and the occasional garbled half of a word. Instead, we get full phrases and sometimes sentences out of it. Since I built it and the software that runs it, I really can't explain it. There is nothing on the device, in the software or in our geographical area that would explain why it actually works.

I think we've managed to communicate through both methods. I still don't know who or what is here. In fact, I'm almost positive there are multiple entities here. From some of the responses, some at least try to appear as if they were previously living, but there is one "voice" that doesn't appear human. It has literally said "Paimon" twice. I have, actually, been working with Paimon, but I'm not convinced this entity is telling the truth.

Saying "Paimon" really brings up whether or not these are essentially egregores. The name was clear, not garbled or staticy. Maybe the work I've been doing with King Paimon is self manifesting and I've created that entity with my own energy. I don't know. Post manifestation, these entities seem to have a mind of their own, so I'm not sure how they are created is really all that important.

We have not done any banishing yet, but I did take a break from trying to communicate. I think in my mind I didn't want to seem ... controllable. Communication will be on my terms. This is our house now, and I'm not going to give over control to some unknown. Maybe I'm a silly little mortal and I'll end up regretting that, who knows. I want to try to find out more, so ultimately I am inviting whatever it is to stay for now.

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Some resources:

Jarhyn

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
First off, communicating is not always fruitful.

Even so, the most straightforward method, I have found, is to employ a pendulum, and if you don't have one, it's easy enough to make one. Just a string and something you can swing off it.

You can making a divination board for a pendulum, or draw one out yourself, or just do yes/no on a simple cross, or just go freehand if you have any practice

The "money shot" of the divination ritual is to ask the entity questions, and wait for the pendulum to swing at an alignment of an answer, reset, and then confirm the answer. You reset again yourself when it's time for the next question.

To get to that point, you will want to do rituals that will (as respectfully as you dare) compel truth in the seance, as well as to establish protection and a black candle or any other candle tied with a black ribbon for temporary binding, as well as prepare a banishing and a reset/re-establishment of the threshold of your house in case that's all you expect to need, and perhaps even call in something that specializes in consuming malevolent presences if you want to get super serious about fucking it off.

Smudging the house once you're reasonably sure you've gotten it into the flame of the candle, and possibly salting/consecrating/blessing the threshold of the house against intrusion, and then sniffing the candle in a banishing ritual is sometimes enough, but if it's something that is just intractable and malicious...

There's a bat skull in my collection of oddities (I swear, I'm not a hoarder!) that seems to function well for calling up something to that end. Before the bat skull, it was a tiny black obelisk.

Pretty much any kind of thing that can be dedicated to or operated in dedication to something that consumes unwanted parasites or any of a number of other appropriate entities.

The general idea is to extinguish the candle under the same dome, cup, jar, (bubble of trapped air), as the consumer. "Place the thing to fuck off in the smoke", and then let the churning and motion of it be what is left of it. When it stops, lift the vessel and let the dead smoke pour out. Thank whatever you called and bid it leave, lest it may find itself bound to it's token.

Otherwise you can do the same process to bind the spook in a token same process as to feed it to something temporarily bound to token, though usually I transfer the flame of the candle to an alcohol bath with the stone in it, and then starve the candle and let the alcohol flame die on the stone before pouring wax on it.

The first and last time I did anything like this it was on the waning gibbous, and then on a second ritual cast the ruby into a piece of molten copper at the last light of that moon, to invoke finality.

Bear in mind in the materialist view, such likely represents sending something "into the oubliette".

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
So it's been a few days now that an entity has been in our house. A friend banished a similar one (or perhaps this is the same one) a few months ago.

She's going to come by once she's back in town to try and deal with it for us. But I'm trying to think of ways I could deal with this myself.

There are random noises in the house all throughout the night.

I'm not scared of it until I wake up from a nightmare in the middle of the night and can hear the noises.

Is there any way that I could communicate with this being to find out what it wants? Or does it just want to feed off of our negative energy?

I just want to sleep through the night. I'm exhausted.

Any help/advice is appreciated!

Thanks.
Have you tried cleaning your house like Yazata and SkullTraill said?