• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Book Recommendation Essential Left Hand Path texts?

Seeking or giving recommendations for books.

stratamaster78

Acolyte
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
It might be worth a look. The LHP, I mean. For a good number of folks, "I am a compassioning bodhisattva en embryo" is just the screen's default setting; the operative algorithms often dictate otherwise.
The RHP has admittedly been a struggle for me. It’s never felt fully natural. I could tell I was swimming upstream against the current.

The lie I told myself was maybe ‘well this is just how it feels for everyone’.

Parts of me would like to be the compassionate bodhisattva but that is maybe wishful thinking or even external conditioning.

I expect the LHP will also have it’s difficulties. I’m going to have to be careful to not become selfish by deifying the self or to loose control of impulses by giving in certain desires.

Xenophon

Magister
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
The RHP has admittedly been a struggle for me. It’s never felt fully natural. I could tell I was swimming upstream against the current.

The lie I told myself was maybe ‘well this is just how it feels for everyone’.

Parts of me would like to be the compassionate bodhisattva but that is maybe wishful thinking or even external conditioning.

I expect the LHP will also have it’s difficulties. I’m going to have to be careful to not become selfish by deifying the self or to loose control of impulses by giving in certain desires.
I suppose that's why we keep a record of magickal results: that's a pretty effective way to measure just how deserving of deification my self is.

The role of indulgence on the LHP has been exaggerated, I think. One learns to use desires strategically, not as the end itself. Kind of like college: most freshman party animals settle down. Dewar's Darwinism call it.

Milton

Zealot
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
Not my thing so I'll just leave this here (a direct link to reddit should be ok, I think).

https://www.reddit.com/r/LeftHandPath/comments/vdrreb
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

As always much appreciated to @HoldAll for sharing the link.

I lurked and noticed that the OP have probably updated their list. (Probably is mentioned as the original account was deleted, however by using the
, we are able to learn the original username, which is quite similar to the updated list's account. They share the same website at the end as well.)

Regardless, here's the updated list.

https://www.reddit.com/r/LeftHandPath/comments/1exh9dq

Last edited: