• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Publisher/Bookshop Gallery of Magick cursed books

Discussions about publishers/book shops

Valmontmous

Neophyte
Reaction score
Hi everyone!
It is said that Damon Brand's books from the Gallery of Magick are protected by a curse. How come ? Does that mean if I download the book for free on internet the content will not work for me ?

Robert Ramsay

Acolyte
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
The first copies of GOM books I found online in the most popular free ebook services had weird or special characters that replaced much of the Hebrew. Perhaps that's the "curse"?? GOM uploaded bad copies intentionally. Interestingly, those worked better for me than the real deal.
It's more likely that the people who uploaded the books didn't bother to check if they had the correct hebrew fonts available. Or they scanned the books and the scanning program came across the Hebrew and said "what fuck this?"

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
It's more likely that the people who uploaded the books didn't bother to check if they had the correct hebrew fonts available. Or they scanned the books and the scanning program came across the Hebrew and said "what fuck this?"
Those are all e-books so they should be ok unless something went wrong during conversion from epub to pdf, for example.

Crows&Ravens

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
Eventually, you'll (most likely) get bored of any occult library. We are creatures of novelty and need the prospect of endless new possibilities and never-ending mysteries in front of us, just to stay sane and functional. So the collection of life-handling recipes no matter how great and ancient, does not help. For example, imagine a world in which absolutely everything goes your way. You read all the books and became omniscient. As defacto a God of that reality, you would have total control over everything. Of course, you would have a blast for a while, enjoying everything you would find enjoyable. But sooner or later that ultimate satisfaction would fade away and you would find yourself entrapped by the "Universe of known things and phenomenons". No more uncertainty, no problems, no randomness and mystery, no more challenges. Just your total control over everything. Although what is described is every billionaire's wet dream, that is not a good place to be, because it hides a seed of madness and self-destruction.
I'll probably find a cure for all ills, then open a portal to explore other realms. There's quite a bit that I will do.

But perhaps you're right.

Blackrose00

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
I thought this too.

Despite living in a relatively scientifically advanced age, we still keep a lot of things from ages ago, like the fear of curses(which could coincide with natural disasters or spread of diseases back then).Makes sense to give a try to psychologically influence people by making claims of a curse, since most people tend to believe in curses due to them also being religious.
most likely this is the case

Wildchildx11

Acolyte
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
Just don't believe in curses and they won't come true.

The reason why they work is because people believe in them. Spirits are completely fine with piracy.