• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Getting started with Nature Spirits

Lemongrass00

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Hello all, I have felt very drawn recently to work with Nature. I love nature and all of the creatures and spirits associated with it. I have no experience with it directly but am open to book suggestions or advice in general.

thank you all!

Girlinthefields

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
I am reminded of something Josephine McCarthy said in her book, The Magical Knowledge Trilogy on page 255 (pdf):

They [the faeries] began to talk to me, to tell me about the trees and the wind
and the horses. None of it was like conversation talk, it was not like
talking at all. It was something else. At the time I wrote a poem about
them which didn’t survive the ravages of time, but one line I can
remember from it is “hear the whispers, mumbles and cautions,
silent eyes that watch and wait.” That was probably the best
description that I could give. Wherever I went I could hear them and
feel them, and they gave me a knowing.
'They gave me a knowing' is a perfect way of putting it.
I love nature and spend most of my days in the garden. For me, the connection happened in time. Looking after the trees, flowers, plants I feel harmony , like we are one. The more love you give to the environment, the more you get in return. You can feel it in the air, you can hear it in the sounds, you can see how the animals and plants start to consider your garden a home....and than the energy is just there...