• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Golden Dawn Self Initiation Question

Diluculo_DelFuego

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
Hi all, Ave,

In reading through and speaking through the initiation rituals from The Golden Dawn 7th Ed (with pieces on a chessboard and following along with what I have as tools), I have a question.
We have the name Temple of the Order Stella Matutina, we also have the motto, Name, and name of the temple.

Are Stella Matutina and any name workable for an astral initiation?

I am working through simultaneously Kabbalah, Magic and the Great Work of Self-Transformation, and Candle Magick: A Spellbook for Good and Evil. Christopher's book calls for references within The Golden Dawn.

Thanks in advance, Care,

Nocte Ac Die, aka Nightside, Diluculo, Delfuego.

Diluculo_DelFuego

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
This is a Golden Dawn question. Nobody is holding you hostage forcing you to read it. As far as me being a failure, time will tell.

Vandheer

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Okay Vandheer, are you a teacher? Have you tried the golden dawn in full?
1- You not working for demons is a win for demons.
2- Your whataboutism is hillarious. Must I try Golden Dawn until Adeptus Exemptus to finally have a say if its working or not? Or must I speak in riddles to look respectable? Though, I would rather sew my own asshole shut than gain your respect.

Here is the funny thing, I have tried Golden Dawn farther than you did. Farther =/= as much. It was enough for me to see it really wasn't for me. If your only pride is reading Regardies book from start to finish, Mister Adeptus Armchairus, I will keep laughing at you.

Diluculo_DelFuego

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
1- You not working for demons is a win for demons.
2- Your whataboutism is hillarious. Must I try Golden Dawn until Adeptus Exemptus to finally have a say if its working or not? Or must I speak in riddles to look respectable? Though, I would rather sew my own asshole shut than gain your respect.

Here is the funny thing, I have tried Golden Dawn farther than you did. Farther =/= as much. It was enough for me to see it really wasn't for me. If your only pride is reading Regardies book from start to finish, Mister Adeptus Armchairus, I will keep laughing at you.
Well, you keep on being you.

Yazata

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
The internet has made it awesomely easy for every one of us to get access to information of this kind. Then it's up to your own understanding and interpretation to make use of it and build up / on your own system.

There will always be those who would rather have someone that guides them through it. But sadly there will also always be those who want to be a teacher/master/guru/baron. Forums have made it much easier for the latter to find the former. Not always a good thing.

I have been thinking for quite some time about the difference between "creatorism & consumerism". How for the one a page from a book is enough to keep them busy while for the other 50 books a year isn't enough to satisfy them and they keep wanting more and more input.

Don't take what I say here personal or as an attack, but if you take one book or course then that should provide you with a basis. It is intended to help you grow if you finish it before looking toward the next thing to consume.

Öwnchef

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
From over 30 disciples I had, only the last four were technical contacts. Through Email/ Forums / Usenet contacts. These four did not succeed fully. Made no difference that we also had personal contact.
To rely on real books and handwritten letters is magic in itself. The free availability of bullshit in the internet/pdfs is on the other hand a killer of magic development.

Silsebyl

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Why don't you just let Diluculo do his magical journey his way? There are very good reasons, that what works for Mider or for Vandheer or for me, doesn't work for him. Look, he sticks to one book for several months now, he is doing his rituals every day - isn't this something to be respected? He has all my respect at least.

You know, it's like going through a maze of magic. Everyone has an inner Ariadne, who leads you through. And she knows how strong you are and which beasts you can fight and which not, so she trys to lead you only those paths with the beasts you can beat. Diluculo's labyrinth is full of beasts he can't beat (yet), so his Ariadne leads him long, branched paths to avoid contact with these beasts.

It looks as if he gets lost all the time and just wanders about without accomplishing anything. Yes, his paths are longer and more confusing, yes, it takes more time to reach a goal - but I can see a magically growth in what he's doing.

Vandheer

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Look, he sticks to one book for several months now, he is doing his rituals every day - isn't this something to be respected? He has all my respect at least.
This is where we differ. I see failure after constant work for months. You see progress? Well good. You have clearly a more positive persepective, no sarcasm intented.

But I will keep telling folks that this guy is just not worth their time.

Silsebyl

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Yes, there is progress. Just one example: he gained the strength to stand up straight for himself in discussions like this.

I understand, that he doesn't meet your standards in any way. And in the end I am saying the same like you, just from another perspective: it's not worth the time to try to convince him to follow any other path than those he chooses himself. Just let him be, who he his.

Diluculo_DelFuego

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
There is also the issue of too much well intended advice. One piece of advice at a time.
There is also the issue of impassioned readers. Sorry I don't make the cut with you.
But none of this has anything to do with the original goddamn question.

Diluculo_DelFuego

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
I do want to thank everyone for their time in making replies. I appreciate you all, even the critics.
I do appreciate all the advice, and will take what has been given to me, at the least look seriously at it.
It's true, my life right now and for the past nine years has for the most part been a pile of shit that I try every day to hold together.
I am an addict. Others are or were too and should on that point alone understand.

Diluculo_DelFuego

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
Well. Can't please everyone. And some of the well accomplished are apparently to me utter turds, while others are the real gems.
I don't need approval.

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Yes, there is progress. Just one example: he gained the strength to stand up straight for himself in discussions like this.

I understand, that he doesn't meet your standards in any way. And in the end I am saying the same like you, just from another perspective: it's not worth the time to try to convince him to follow any other path than those he chooses himself. Just let him be, who he his.
It’s not that we don’t respect him, it’s just that after so long he should know better. Besides this is an open forum, if he doesn’t like criticism he shouldn’t open himself to it.

Second you don’t become an adept by becoming initiated, it seems more a license to work the current IMO. Again how will he know, third i have to read his nonsense over and over

forth, I’ve even tried helping him in pm and get called a turd for it, the guys just thick as wall. So maybe after wasting my time and effort I can criticize him a bit. More so he can be a straight up asshole when you correct him.

But as you say it’s not our job to correct him, but to be honest it’s a bit nicer to try steering him from more issues as he himself said he’s having.