• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Greeting, all. This site is awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiccan_of_Oz

Neophyte
Reaction score
Awards
It's nice to have sites dedicated to some of your interests. There are general ebook sites, but this site focuses just on spirituality and occultism, and does it really well. Files are from easy to download hosters like Mega; people here are community minded and aren't making money off links.

As for me, Christianity never appealed to me as a child. It didn't make sense. I was more interested in Eastern Religions, mysticism, and unexplained phenomena in general (psychiatrists would diagnose me as "schizotypal" because of this). A early revelation for me were Colin Wilson's books Mysteries and The Occult, + Kraig's Modern Magick. Later in life in joining a local Golden dawn group and made it up to Pharos Illuminans rank (we didn't have a Vault of the Adepti). I like performing the various solo rituals, both traditional Golden Dawn and more modern variations (such as those incorporating Tarot or Enochian elements). Currently, I am going through an unmotivated phase, but hopefully I will get back to performing ceremonial magic again.

Xenophon

Apostle
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
Welcome! Colin Wilson's writing opens some doors, or at least perspectives. As for motivation, remember: the only thing that cannot be replaced is time. "Schizotypal"? A civilization with any direction, confidence, and insight might simply use the term "different." Speaking clinicalese is a truly nasty weapon, methinks. Enjoy the forum!

pixel_fortune

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
I like performing the various solo rituals, both traditional Golden Dawn and more modern variations (such as those incorporating Tarot or Enochian elements). Currently, I am going through an unmotivated phase, but hopefully I will get back to performing ceremonial magic again.
Do you reckon you want to get back into Golden Dawn rituals, or experimenting with a different ceremonial framework? (Or not sure yet)

I have a book recommendation if you want to try and refresh your interest in GD rituals: this book explains the meaning behind a tonne of the symbolism and gives visualisations so you can feel things more deeply and connect to the ritual. Just reading it might motivate you to get back in the saddle

Along the same lines, this is a write up of how I do the Qabalistic Cross now - the spoken words and gestures are all the same, it's just some ideas to conceptualise what I'm doing at each step, that really unlocked it feeling more powerful

(If you're looking to learn other paradigms, the PGM or Goeita or something unrelated to the GD there's plenty of that here too)

theil

Carefree Explorer
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
Hi and welcome. Completely agree that the forum here is great :)

league

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Welcome to the site and nice to meet you

Reaction score
Awards
It's nice to have sites dedicated to some of your interests. There are general ebook sites, but this site focuses just on spirituality and occultism, and does it really well. Files are from easy to download hosters like Mega; people here are community minded and aren't making money off links.

As for me, Christianity never appealed to me as a child. It didn't make sense. I was more interested in Eastern Religions, mysticism, and unexplained phenomena in general (psychiatrists would diagnose me as "schizotypal" because of this). A early revelation for me were Colin Wilson's books Mysteries and The Occult, + Kraig's Modern Magick. Later in life in joining a local Golden dawn group and made it up to Pharos Illuminans rank (we didn't have a Vault of the Adepti). I like performing the various solo rituals, both traditional Golden Dawn and more modern variations (such as those incorporating Tarot or Enochian elements). Currently, I am going through an unmotivated phase, but hopefully I will get back to performing ceremonial magic again.
Hello from a fellow GD enthusiast, and welcome to the forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.