• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Grimorium Verum

Hey Wizards & Witches,

I'd like to start a group working through the GV, starting on September 1st.

If you want to join, send me a DM and get yourself a blank hardcover book / a good journal because you'll be making your own handwritten physical copy of the book as we go through it.

stalkinghyena

Labore et Constantia
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
I was drawn to this thread because my first introduction to the GV was my father, who called it "Gurim Vurim" because had a way of saying things that often reminded me of Jed Clampett, which is not so far off from his nature. When I was a boy he told me that he once used it to make it "rain frogs" and that everyone he was with saw it. That may sound like an odd thing to say to a child, but I had an odd childhood. Ed and Lorraine Warren for bedtime stories...

So I had the 1999 Phil Legard PDF edition, but now I have the Peterson one, which I find interesting because 1999 is the year I first came across his website, which was a joy to me. I still have the old CD I ordered from him somewhere, though the site has grown since then.
As is my custom, I often seek a random page in a book that it may speak to me. I immediately came to Part 4, specifically page 62. I do not see it yet, but I am snared. I have MUCH work to do...

Reaction score
Awards
Just out of curiosity, how long does the GV working usually take, and do you plan to do another one afterwards (or different grimoire?)?

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Just out of curiosity, how long does the GV working usually take, and do you plan to do another one afterwards (or different grimoire?)?
Hi,
This one will likely go till September. When i made this thread 3 people joined. Two of those gave up after the first week. The good die young I guess. Or we didn't get to where we'd be having girls throw themselves at us fast enough.

After this I likely will do a similar project. Have some ideas but will first finish this.

Ancient

Zealot
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
I highly recommend you guys hop on board if Yazata runs another group project like this. He knows his stuff, and the detail in translations he provides has been a huge help. This one has been well worth the time and effort involved.

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
I highly recommend you guys hop on board if Yazata runs another group project like this. He knows his stuff, and the detail in translations he provides has been a huge help. This one has been well worth the time and effort involved.
Thanks man!