• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Has anyone worked with Mark Rasmus or Sixty Skills? A different perspective on Initiation Into Hermetics by Franz Bardon.

ChaosMarc

Neophyte
Reaction score
Awards
There are a few well know people like Mark Rasmus, Sixty Skills, Martin Faulks, and William Mistelle, and I am sure I forgot a few people that have all claimed to have worked through Initiation Into Hermetics by Franz Bardon.

Most of these people have various training programs or books for sale that give their own perspectives on going through the IIH.
Mark Rasmus has a book called
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
and he has a training program that is $30 USD/ Month. You can also train with him in Thailand for $1500 for 10 days, for 4 hours a day. His website is

Has anyone worked through the material either in his book, training programs or in person with him?

From what I can tell from buying and reading the book but not purchasing the training program from Vimeo or his website is that he mixes the order of exercises up so you can figure out what exercises are easier for the individual, and focuses on those exercises to more easily develop the different energetic bodies and through this development make it easier for the individual to work through the exercises in the IIH that would normally slow their development through the system. If this is wrong, I would love to hear from people who have worked through it or are working through it to get their perspectives.

The main concern I have with this is if I am not in person with this teacher and I get too much fire element or akasha energy in my system and I become unbalanced without knowing, that seems like a very unsafe practice. I have direct experience being unbalanced and ignorant and staying unbalanced for months and having very negative side effects from my ignorance. It makes total sense if this teacher working with me is physically watching me and other students and someone invariably makes a mistake without knowing it, the teacher can correct the behavior or imbalance. I recognize that Mark probably has the ability to "visit" each of his students from his online courses and check on their progress periodically and see if they are way off center and be able to "fix" the imbalances from a distance, but that doesn't seem to be written out anywhere that this is part of what the student is paying for.

I think the IIH is a great material as is written but I also think that after 60 years, human nature's ability to innovate can figure out a way to take down the timeline from "between 7 and 30 years" to finish working through the IIH. With the average life expectancy being 72 years, someone spending almost half of that in a training program would severely limit the number of individuals that would be able to go through this training. I know some of you are going to be screaming at me through the screen "The IIH isn't for everyone!" and "This system takes a long time for a reason, the karmic debt is being compressed a lot already, any faster than 7 or 20 or 30 years will be too much!" I get it, you and I have different opinions. Both opinions are valid. It's all good. I am more taking the approach of Rawn Clark: "We need more real humans with human abilities in the world". The more people that can access this system and work through it, the more people will be out there moving through the world with balanced elements, real knowledge of themselves, devoted and looking forward to spreading love. I look forward to that.

That being said, there is also a teacher named Sixty Skills
that learned from Mark Rasmus and a few other martial artists/ energy workers/ meditators and such, and he seems to have the same or a very similar training program in the form of an app for $5 USD/month. Again, I would love to hear from people that are going through it or have gone through it.

My perspective: I have been working through the IIH in the traditional sense with the help of Rawn Clark's Companions along the way book and next week I will be moving to Step 2. I believe in IIH as a system without any change but I am intrigued by the people that have worked through it and can look at the system from the perspective of a Step 8, 9, 10 Bardonist and may have some improvements.

Reaction score
Awards
Oh L-rd...I’m trying to read everything you’ve typed but rolled my eyes as tech says magic does t exist...
Lol.

My point was basically that the only true "realistic expectation" in the modern era is that magic doesn't exist. If someone was going to "be realistic" they'd start at that point, rather than believe that they can contact God's and Demons, but they can't make an extra $200 a day using their power in some way.

I don't think it's realistic at all for someone to claim they can do all manner of unobservable occult feats (like astral projection), but they conveniently can't do anything that affects physical reality, and I should see no problem with them being a cashier at Mc Donald's and also "master of the elements" :ROFLMAO:.

I just don't buy it.

The grander the feats an occultist claims, the more "stable" I expect their life to be, and part of that stability is finances.

This is why I don't doubt that the wealthy elites of "old" families who are part of various occult groups and secret societies (skull and bones, freemasonry, etc) are legitimate practitioners.

These people pretty much rule the world, that makes sense for someone who has secret knowledge and magic abilities.

But if the cashier at Mc Donald's tells me that he has access to the same abilities, or even half of their abilities, I'm going to laugh in his face.

I'm exaggerating a bit with the Mc Donald's though lol. I don't think any genuine magician would be working any 9 to 5 job (even a comfy office job), unless there was some perk related to working in that job.

For example, someone who practices necromancy and/or voodoo being a cemetary groundskeeper. That would be the perfect job for gathering the materials they need for various rituals, and the very location itself is useful for certain rituals (based on what I've read).

Only scenarios like that make sense, because they aren't broke for no reason, they are working a crappy job for the sake of convenience because their practice takes priority to them over modern conveniences.

But if Bob from accounting claims he is clairvoyant, and can't use that ability in any way to make money, so he instead sells an online course for people to become clairvoyant, I'm going to call BS on that.

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Lol.

My point was basically that the only true "realistic expectation" in the modern era is that magic doesn't exist. If someone was going to "be realistic" they'd start at that point, rather than believe that they can contact God's and Demons, but they can't make an extra $200 a day using their power in some way.

I don't think it's realistic at all for someone to claim they can do all manner of unobservable occult feats (like astral projection), but they conveniently can't do anything that affects physical reality, and I should see no problem with them being a cashier at Mc Donald's and also "master of the elements" :ROFLMAO:.

I just don't buy it.

The grander the feats an occultist claims, the more "stable" I expect their life to be, and part of that stability is finances.

This is why I don't doubt that the wealthy elites of "old" families who are part of various occult groups and secret societies (skull and bones, freemasonry, etc) are legitimate practitioners.

These people pretty much rule the world, that makes sense for someone who has secret knowledge and magic abilities.

But if the cashier at Mc Donald's tells me that he has access to the same abilities, or even half of their abilities, I'm going to laugh in his face.

I'm exaggerating a bit with the Mc Donald's though lol. I don't think any genuine magician would be working any 9 to 5 job (even a comfy office job), unless there was some perk related to working in that job.

For example, someone who practices necromancy and/or voodoo being a cemetary groundskeeper. That would be the perfect job for gathering the materials they need for various rituals, and the very location itself is useful for certain rituals (based on what I've read).

Only scenarios like that make sense, because they aren't broke for no reason, they are working a crappy job for the sake of convenience because their practice takes priority to them over modern conveniences.

But if Bob from accounting claims he is clairvoyant, and can't use that ability in any way to make money, so he instead sells an online course for people to become clairvoyant, I'm going to call BS on that.
Again give me an examples of anyone doing what you claim. If not, stfu

Reaction score
Awards
1. What do you mean, the guy being mentioned in this very thread in my example, can you not read english?. I just referenced someone selling a personal training course based on Bardon's teachings for $1500 (read the original post). If he has even mastered up to Step 7 in Initiation Into Hermetics, he wouldn't need to sell a course, he could very easily make money using his abilities.

2. Your logic is off and your response is disingenuous, nobody has to mention a specific example of something to call it out. It's like saying I can't say "selling drugs is bad" unless I give you an example of a drug dealer whose name I'm just supposed to know.

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
1. What do you mean, the guy being mentioned in this very thread in my example, can you not read english?. I just referenced someone selling a personal training course based on Bardon's teachings for $1500 (read the original post). If he has even mastered up to Step 7 in Initiation Into Hermetics, he wouldn't need to sell a course, he could very easily make money using his abilities.

2. Your logic is off and your response is disingenuous, nobody has to mention a specific example of something to call it out. It's like saying I can't say "selling drugs is bad" unless I give you an example of a drug dealer whose name I'm just supposed to know.
I mean someone using magic to be rich ya silly goose lol. name some magus like in these books you claim.

You’re the one saying retarded bs like well the book says this n that so mages should be able to do this n that...ok give some examples

name some magus that didnt use their education, wealth, talents etc to be rich, or that could fly etc.

you’re a newb I don’t have to even engage with you, you’re response of I don’t buy it is irrelevant, that’s why I said give examples or stfu, one book says this but then another book says the opposite n you say it’s arbitrary, come on dude lol

Reaction score
Awards
Listen I'll just end this back and forth because it's pointless. You can pretend like what I'm saying isn't true all you want. All I know is that every occult forum I've been on has been filled with people who claim they can do all manner of amazing abilities, but then I ask them one simple question.

What do you do for a living?

Their entire facade instantly falls apart.

"Bob, master of necromancy, astral projection, etc............. and broke cashier for some store" :ROFLMAO:

A lot of people create low standards for themselves so that they can feel special, they lie to themselves for so long that they eventually begin to believe their own hype and think they're a true magician. That's what I've seen everywhere I went and that's exactly why I ignored most book recommendations, and it's exactly why I trust Franz Bardon over every other author.

Bardon makes a clear distinction between when you have achieved a certain level or power or not. He gives standards, he lists tests, etc. He speaks about magic as a science and something literal, not something figurative.

Unless there's some secret society of magicians that will kill you if you attempt to use magic to gain wealth, it makes no sense that someone who has magic abilities is a wage slave pleb like every other person around them.

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Listen I'll just end this back and forth because it's pointless. You can pretend like what I'm saying isn't true all you want. All I know is that every occult forum I've been on has been filled with people who claim they can do all manner of amazing abilities, but then I ask them one simple question.

What do you do for a living?

Their entire facade instantly falls apart.

"Bob, master of necromancy, astral projection, etc............. and broke cashier for some store" :ROFLMAO:

A lot of people create low standards for themselves so that they can feel special, they lie to themselves for so long that they eventually begin to believe their own hype and think they're a true magician. That's what I've seen everywhere I went and that's exactly why I ignored most book recommendations, and it's exactly why I trust Franz Bardon over every other author.

Bardon makes a clear distinction between when you have achieved a certain level or power or not. He gives standards, he lists tests, etc. He speaks about magic as a science and something literal, not something figurative.

Unless there's some secret society of magicians that will kill you if you attempt to use magic to gain wealth, it makes no sense that someone who has magic abilities is a wage slave pleb like every other person around them.
You do know Bardon was a stage magician right?

🤣🤣

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
And by that I mean he had a 9-5 job...

you really need to look up what you’re talking about before posting nonsense n saying derrr I don’t buy it. Even Elijah the prophet had to flee when threatened with death from the government, did you think because he knew how to bend nature he was gonna do what...grow a new head?