• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Historical World Items with Magical Power

Reaction score
Awards
Besides the Ark of the Covenant or the spearhead that impaled Christ, the Grail, what other world history items have magical power?

Ancient

Zealot
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
Were the crystal skulls ever determined to be a hoax or not? Possibly those.

I can’t think of much else with the legendary repute of the items you mentioned. Certain pieces of artwork and architecture perhaps.

Lemongrass00

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
I went to a small church in Rothenburg, Germany and it claimed to have a drop of Jesus blood that was held in this gigantic wooden altar and it was said to have magical properties, not sure what specifically though.

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
I feel like the Sovereign's scepter and orb + other old/rare/unique/valuable crown jewels have occult/magickal properties.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
It rather depends what "magical" means.

Sometimes the right placement of a geometrically formed object is sufficient to affect planetary energy flows. For example my townhouse is very fussy about what furniture should be in the house and where and how it should be placed - with requirements of less than an inch

And the nature spirits just over the creek do not like digital music, but come much closer when I play a suitable LP

Reaction score
Awards

I can’t think of much else with the legendary repute of the items you mentioned. Certain pieces of artwork and architecture perhaps.
Speaking of, in Tennessee, they have reconstructed what would be the Ark that Noah, family and varmints travelled on. Its a tourist attraction.

Reaction score
Awards
I went to a small church in Rothenburg, Germany and it claimed to have a drop of Jesus blood that was held in this gigantic wooden altar and it was said to have magical properties, not sure what specifically though.
Yeah, that is a lot different than people who see the Good Lord or his Mom on their piece of toast., But then again, maybe thats one hell of a eucharist waiting fro someone.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I feel like the Sovereign's scepter and orb + other old/rare/unique/valuable crown jewels have occult/magickal properties.

The traditional crown is a non-functional copy of a device used to allow telepathic contact between the king and the locally dominant alien. When the king wore the crown he had telepathic contact with that alien and the alien had telepathic with the king and audio contact with the immediate surroundings

Some of those devices are still in existence - sometimes in hollow hills

Reaction score
Awards
Okay, ao on the topic of aliens, if aliens were considered to be divine, I suppose we could expand the topic a bit.

Reaction score
Awards
What Native American relics are there, anyone know offhand? I was thinking of them, South American tribes and Islanders. Each has their religion and must have some sort of Ark or Grail.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
There are various earth mounds in North America but those probably predate the Indians. Similarly in South America I suspect pre-Indian civilizations.

There are underground colonies. When the Europeans arrived in South America, some 2 million Indians disappeared and there certainly were not enough Europeans to kill that many.

Blavatsky said it was possible to walk from the Andes to the Himalayas - by underground passages. The passages still exist but I am not sure that the maintenance is up to date

must have some sort of Ark or Grail

What is your basis?

Öwnchef

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Christian shrines carry enough splinters of the cross of Jesus to make 5.000 crosses of them. If you add the weight.

Also thousands of prepuces of Jesus are kept in tabeenacles for "magical" purposes.

The belief is it will get a housing for their God. So they put a small part of God in it to attract the whole thing.

Rothenburg has a witch museum. What you saw was probably originally a blood stone. It was said to be made by witches to gain control over men.

Old tribes have holy paths in their spirituality. Maps and pathrights are considered holy. A Djuringa for example.

Reaction score
Awards
Interesting.
There are various earth mounds in North America but those probably predate the Indians. Similarly in South America I suspect pre-Indian civilizations.

There are underground colonies. When the Europeans arrived in South America, some 2 million Indians disappeared and there certainly were not enough Europeans to kill that many.

Blavatsky said it was possible to walk from the Andes to the Himalayas - by underground passages. The passages still exist but I am not sure that the maintenance is up to date

What is your basis?
Most world civilizations have comparable tales. Most of these have a religion. Therefore, it would stand to reason that there would be some sort of physical item as a link or a symbol of the otherworldly.
Most world religions had statues of their gods. Some clothing was made and of finest quality, ceremonial or priestly in nature.
Biblical Archaeology is a huge field still, it would not surprise me if other world religions and dedicated archaeology sects.

Reaction score
Awards
Interesting.

Most world civilizations have comparable tales. Most of these have a religion. Therefore, it would stand to reason that there would be some sort of physical item as a link or a symbol of the otherworldly.
Most world religions had statues of their gods. Some clothing was made and of finest quality, ceremonial or priestly in nature.
Biblical Archaeology is a huge field still, it would not surprise me if other world religions and dedicated archaeology sects.
Ive heard first hand stories of drug smugglers in caverns and tunnels between the USA running all the way to Peru and possibly farther south, Columbia obviously figures in. Panama, Nicaragua, Mexico, these have tunnels that were recently found connected to an Arizona Kentucky Fried Chicken store. Weeds and Breaking Bad are more realistic than some would think.
There are shadow beings in these tunnels and caverns, that when shot with silver bullets will vanish and disassemble into human feces droppings.
It stands to figure banana leaf sorcery with collected dungs of people had a tie to death magic or similar religions of magical practices.

Reaction score
Awards

What is your basis?
I would wonder if mining went on far before we humans took up mining as an industry.
For followed out caverns, that would take thousands of years for humans to create them.

Ive done recent web searches on various topics, one settled on Native American and other Native Americas tribes. Each have their own ceremonies and use standard models of magic described in Cultural Anthropology or Anthropology of Religion.
It would be interesting to hear tales of lost items.
We know historically several wars occurred in the americas even before settlers/Europeans arrived.

Reaction score
Awards

Well, there was Roswell and that hangar in the recent news.
There might be something afoot in either of those locations.