• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Historical World Items with Magical Power

Norse900

Neophyte
Reaction score
I guess it would depend on what "level" of power something would need to be considered here. Historical items, even mundane, could've gained more power due to attention being given.

An old guillotine blade could hold some serious power, though maybe not the kind you want around in your house without wards.

Reaction score
Awards
Great point. I just thought of the Warren family, the one featured in a couple of real-life story based horror movies, where they host the items in a separate room in their house, and their daughter nearly opened up one of the bound items. These carry significant power, and are ordinary things like statues, dolls, etc.

Reaction score
Awards
Even stones (since I started a monthly journey of attempting to understand the Qaballistic tree of life, one sphere per month, where I try to cover requisite knowledge of the sphere in real world applications. So for example, I believe stones are inhabited by a spirit under a deva. So, geomancy, geology and mineralogy. Collection of stones. Interrogation and cleansing and charging of stones.
Theoricus is mainly image and thought control with astrology as subject of study and continuation of alchemy and qabalah. So its not like if I dont catch it this month all is lost) can carry spirits. Thus can carry power.

Reaction score
Awards
Besides the Ark of the Covenant or the spearhead that impaled Christ, the Grail, what other world history items have magical power?
I have a baton carried and used for drill and ceremony by a three star Filipino artillery general. Knowing this rod (and it's much thicker than a wand and heavier to because of brass cap and inlays) was used by such an important man in our world for the purposes of commanding made it perfect for my uses as a blasting rod.

If you don't know what a blasting rod is, it's a traditional piece of equipment for a temple in ceremonial magick practice.
When a spirit is being unruly or rebellious using this on it can force it back into a triangle and pacify it.

Good tool to have handy guys.

Reaction score
Awards
Hmm. Yeah, I can see any tool carrying power, bit ones of historical significance make it more interesting. An item didn't have to be carried by a dinosaur to be powerful, just an item that is powerful 9n its own with its own history.
I can see that.

Reaction score
Awards
I guess it would depend on what "level" of power something would need to be considered here. Historical items, even mundane, could've gained more power due to attention being given.

An old guillotine blade could hold some serious power, though maybe not the kind you want around in your house without wards.
Hey man, good seeing you here

Sage

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
I would bet that something like The Three Sacred Treasures of Japan could be great contenders for that, specially if you take into consideration how Japan has the belief that items that "live" for 100 years(or more) end up developing a soul or consciousness or "grow in power".

The items in question are:

The sword Kusanagi no Tsurugi
The mirror Yata no Kagami
The jewel Yasakani no Magatama

If the items in Japan's possession are the items of the legends, that is another story...

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I have ritual sword from Freemasonry. Inside it is stored a short energy sword that looks like an elongated quartz crystal. When I take the sword visiting, I invite people to feel the heat of the inner sword. So far they have all been able to feel the far end of the energy sword

Perhaps sacred treasures are the holding containers

Öwnchef

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
What Native American relics are there, anyone know offhand? I was thinking of them, South American tribes and Islanders. Each has their religion and must have some sort of Ark or Grail.
I received more than a hundred symbols from a Navajo Wakan who taught me the sandpainting ritual. He said they were worn out and could be made of use by me at home. I only tried one. This stuff is too strong for me.

I once played an ancient didgeridoo. It was on its way to a museum. Never again. It got me two aboriginals making jokes of me while teaching me dreamtime stuff. But of course it was well worth it in the end.

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I have some stuff at home that gained life over the years. I got an old wok that gives parties, an golden bracelet that was sent to me by a far and long death ancestor, i got a rosary that makes your lust go out of the roof, also got a painting with a clock and a lot off blingbling, totally kitch, but with a protectorspirit in it. And of course my dinner table, hes a bit sticky and afraid we leave him, so he tends to ask for new chairs every now and then.

But the most magickal thing in my home is the badroom. Spirits running tru, mirroring while combing your hair, portals in the walls and the wasmachine is like it says: a machine that brings the past and sadly never really clean clothes.