• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

How do you feel about the occult as reactionary Abrahamism?

Reaction score
In terms of what many now see as the occult or "hidden" aspects of western society, much of it could potentially be considered a direct reaction or rebellion against Abrahamic religions. At what point is a certain path of the occult just a rejection of the same dogma that has become prevalent in our world, for the sake of being reactionary? Or on the flipside, do you consider these occult practices to be an integration of Abrahamic religions for the sake of preservation, not unlike the adoption of Celtic or old paganism into the similarly devoted saints of Catholicism?

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
I think both are. The rebellion against Abrahimic religion as you call it pretty much is only directed against Christianity. The people whose religion tells them to turn the other cheek are an easier target for rebels to rally against than muslims I guess...
I personally believe preservation of information is a better way to approach it. Hence my ideas on Luciferianism being about lifting yourself up through knowledge rather than by putting others down.

Reaction score
Definitely agree that Christianity is the primary target of this rebellion, I have noticed that a large portion of practitioners(obvi among English speaking forums) have been drawn to the craft through experiences with Christianity in their youth or a rejection of such (for ex Crowley). Makes me wonder how much of the modern takes on the Craft are a direct result of how Christianity has become an integral part of our Collective societal mindset and the subsequent rejection of these puritanical expectations.
I think both are. The rebellion against Abrahimic religion as you call it pretty much is only directed against Christianity. The people whose religion tells them to turn the other cheek are an easier target for rebels to rally against than muslims I guess...
I personally believe preservation of information is a better way to approach it. Hence my ideas on Luciferianism being about lifting yourself up through knowledge rather than by putting others down

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Abraham was from Sumer. Sumer had the Prince of Darkness in conflict with the Prince of Peace. As both gods have departed this planet, perhaps we need a more current basis for occult binaries.

The Tzimtzum is still current - although more easily understood without Judaic interpretations

Bandaboy

Apprentice
Reaction score
Well, it's written that Lucifer rebelled against God and His company, then Adam rebelled against God, then a sect rebelled against Jews and we call them Christians, then the modern occult rebillion. What will come out as a rebellion/offshoot from this neo occultism?

Reaction score
Well, it's written that Lucifer rebelled against God and His company, then Adam rebelled against God, then a sect rebelled against Jews and we call them Christians, then the modern occult rebillion. What will come out as a rebellion/offshoot from this neo occultism?
Suppose I hadn't thought about it quite like that! Certainly much to think about.

Merlinscloak

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
In terms of what many now see as the occult or "hidden" aspects of western society, much of it could potentially be considered a direct reaction or rebellion against Abrahamic religions. At what point is a certain path of the occult just a rejection of the same dogma that has become prevalent in our world, for the sake of being reactionary? Or on the flipside, do you consider these occult practices to be an integration of Abrahamic religions for the sake of preservation, not unlike the adoption of Celtic or old paganism into the similarly devoted saints of Catholicism?
Recovering roman catholic: In my experience: the catholic lifestyle of being addicted to Fear and Ignorance, works to repulse those who seek knowledge and truth, which is obtainable in abundance in our current information age, and once obtained the practice of occultism becomes a possible outcome. What kind of a catholic are/were you?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Recovering roman catholic: In my experience: the catholic lifestyle of being addicted to Fear and Ignorance, works to repulse those who seek knowledge and truth, which is obtainable in abundance in our current information age, and once obtained the practice of occultism becomes a possible outcome. What kind of a catholic are/were you?
I was actually raised Mormon, so I can definitely relate with the fear and ignorance, but grew up with Roman Catholics on my mothers side.

Merlinscloak

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
I can only say good things about one of the religions from the many that I have investigated. In my experience: those good things are not seen on the surface.

Merlinscloak

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
I was actually raised Mormon, so I can definitely relate with the fear and ignorance, but grew up with Roman Catholics on my mothers side.
I can only say good things about one of those two religions that you mentioned. In my experience: the good things connected to a religion are not always seen on the surface, but can be experienced, if the right person is approached by a discreet mage with a clear mind and indisputable intentions.

Last edited:

Konsciencia

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
It's ok to be a Catholic, or Christian, but at least, they should have an open mind for everything. They should start asking questions. Also, learn about other practices, and not criticize that they are right, and that everyone else who go on different path, are wrong. That is not the way.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
As an ex-Catholic I can say there are good, if veiled, constructs there. The Flaming Heart is a central exercise for the aspiring human.

The concept of a Godhead was used by mystics - perhaps to save them from the Holy Inquisition. It is a useful concept, pushing well beyond the standard Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

And the religious art of the Counter-Reformation generally has much instructive value.

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
A lot of Christianity was very mystical, the church weeded it out which is sad, they believed in reincarnation, magic, etc...there’s plenty of books left out of the Bible

judaism is way more mystical...there are whole volumes and books of the spiritual teachings of the sages.

Bandaboy

Apprentice
Reaction score
I guess we all encountered different forms of Christianity. The Christianity I came into contact with was purely mystical and magical for lack of a better term.

Konsciencia

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
I guess we all encountered different forms of Christianity. The Christianity I came into contact with was purely mystical and magical for lack of a better term.
Probably the Christians known as the Gnostics. There is another Christian church that's mystical as well. It is The Sophia Wisdom Church. You can check them out, at theorderofthemysticalchrist.org I used to attend a church of theirs, but they turned me down because I have a criminal background. Really pist me off, and ever since than I turned down religion completely out of my life. The biggest mystics are those who carries the most gruesome acts, and don't judge you. Remember that.

QueenJazz

Archivist
Archivist
Reaction score
Awards
I wasn’t born a Christian but I did read about it also have Christian family members and went to a catholic school run by nuns. From what I know I never felt like it’s “that bad” at some point I was actually thinking of converting. I never understood why people in the occult forums rebel against it so much. At least it doesn’t tell you to cover your hair with a stupid scarf, don’t drink alcohol, men could have four wives, testimony count as half cause just you’re a woman, and just a load of crap. Let alone the crimes, war, hate etc.. Islam is hands down the worst.