• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Iron Maiden

Reaction score
Awards
Off the topic of magick, here’s something that’s been a lifelong relationship for me. Iron Maiden.

I first found their music at a buddies house and a friends older brother left all his tapes there. So we started listening to Iron Maiden. I think it was Killers and Maiden Japan? Anyways, I’m probably misremembering because that would have been in the late 80s. But I became enthralled.

Since that night they’ve been the top band I listen to. I’ve owned all their albums that weren’t hard to find and a few that were, and multiple copies of the earlier ones when the time came to switch from tapes to CDs. One day I’ll probably get a record player and start collecting those for my final library of music.

I’m awaiting their newest album. I’m in the middle of the boonies so most of my stuff is bought online. There’s a very droll culture in my neck of the woods so as much as I have an aversion to mainstream social media, I sure do like online retail- it’s a global market.

My favourite albums are cliche but Seventh Son, Somewhere in Time in the top spots with Piece of Mind in second place.

If you have good headphones there’s a whole different listening experience than a simple stereo setup used to be.

Up the Irons 🤘😎🤘

Kronus

Apprentice of Lord Azazel & Demonic Warlord
Reaction score
Awards
Hey! What a coincidence.. I’m currently at work, listening to Iron Maiden - Bring your daughter on the radio!

I’ve never really listened to rock, but it’s beginning to gain my attention!

Reaction score
Awards
The songwriting is great. Highly philosophical, esoteric, many songs are based on famous literature and history.

Alexander the Great, Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner, Brave New World to name a few.

These days I enjoy music at low volume from clear full sound speakers.

Empire of the Clouds is a notably fantastic story of a blimp that failed to complete its voyage

Reaction score
Awards
Iron Maiden is the greatest band Ive seen, and Ive seen three of their concerts, one ending in me alone for a few moments chanting 6-6-6, until others joined in and they came out playing for the finale Number of the Beast. :)

Ive followed them since Piece of Mind, and love even the first album, even without Bruce as the lead singer, and think they went thriough a drummer as well.
All of their stuff roicks. I think its safe to say that we can compare them to a heavy metal edition of the Rolling Stones.

Reaction score
Awards
Iron Maiden is the greatest band Ive seen, and Ive seen three of their concerts, one ending in me alone for a few moments chanting 6-6-6, until others joined in and they came out playing for the finale Number of the Beast. :)

Ive followed them since Piece of Mind, and love even the first album, even without Bruce as the lead singer, and think they went thriough a drummer as well.
All of their stuff roicks. I think its safe to say that we can compare them to a heavy metal edition of the Rolling Stones.
Their songwriting is so deep and makes you wonder what they’re up to on their days off.

Today is born the seventh one
Born of woman the seventh son
And he in turn of a seventh son
He has the power to heal
He has the gift of second sight
He is the chosen one
So it shall be written
And so it shall be done

I mean, how can a practitioner of magick not see how awesomely written these songs are?

Reaction score
Awards
Okay, that's it. I'm officially hooked. I gave it a chance, now I can't stop.
I recall seeing the final frontier concert at Metal Gods (Heaven and Hell with Dio and original Black Sabbath crew, Motorhead, Testament, Jusdas Priest ...wait separate concert. Saw Iron Maiden for Final Frontier, forgot who opened for them, but at the end when they left I started shouting 666, people eventually hjoined in like a slow clap. Thjey came back out and played number of the beast.

Yazata

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
The first two albums are probably the best heavy metal albums there are and I've listened to them for over thirty years. Of all the other stuff they made after that there's only a handful of songs I like.
I wonder if Eddie as an egregore has had something to do with their success though. I don't know if there's another band that has this kind of "mascot" that's so recognizable.

Scottish_Pride

Meme-y Tree Nymph
Reaction score
Awards
I recall seeing the final frontier concert at Metal Gods (Heaven and Hell with Dio and original Black Sabbath crew, Motorhead, Testament, Jusdas Priest ...wait separate concert. Saw Iron Maiden for Final Frontier, forgot who opened for them, but at the end when they left I started shouting 666, people eventually hjoined in like a slow clap. Thjey came back out and played number of the beast.
Haha yes, JOINN USSSSS!!!