• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Book Club "Kabalah, Magic, and the Great Work of Self-Transformation" by Lyam Thomas Christopher

A communal reading and discussion exercise for a particular book/series.

pixel_fortune

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Honestly many Golden Dawn practitioners not only seem stuck but also stuck in time. Lyams book is a very serious attempt imo.

I got into a (brief) debate with a guy who was like "you can't become an initiate just by reading one book and doing a few exercises".

I'm not an LRC stan but I was like "I mean, be fair. The system as he lays out it requires you to read a TONNE of books, and has minimum time requirements and benchmarks, so like, if you think you can't become an initiate by reading two dozen books and doing many exercises with strict regularity over the course of several years, then that's a valid position, but you've gotta say that's your position "

And he was like "yeah but no one's gonna actually do that, they'll just skim LRC's book and thinks that's enough"

Which is such a wild argument!! "If you don't follow the instructions and do something completely different instead, the system doesn't work, therefore it's a bad system"

The thing is I WOULD actually be really interested in hearing the view of a GD initiate on the actual system LRC lays out, someone doing it properly like Diluco is. What they see as the weak and strong points, etc, what the essence they think is missing is. But I've never heard anyone critique the actual program (only versions of it they've hallucinated)

Vandheer

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
I got into a (brief) debate with a guy who was like "you can't become an initiate just by reading one book and doing a few exercises".
And I bet the self initiate is doing more than the proud initiate here. Yes they are probably unable to contact the egregore of a temple, there is that.

And he was like "yeah but no one's gonna actually do that, they'll just skim LRC's book and thinks that's enough"
Clear to me they are projecting. They just skimmed the book and that was that.

The thing is I WOULD actually be really interested in hearing the view of a GD initiate on the actual system LRC lays out, someone doing it properly like Diluco is. What they see as the weak and strong points, etc, what the essence they think is missing is. But I've never heard anyone critique the actual program (only versions of it they've hallucinated)
See the point above. 🙅

Golden Dawn system sometimes bring out practitioners that are so knowledgable I have to bow down for them. But most are snobbish gatekeepers imho. What the fuck did they even do to feel so surperior aside from they had the money and locationary means to get in a temple?

Reaction score
Awards
I want to check his stuff out. I'm still working through LTC's book and about to take on Theoricus. If I can master Earth and get all of the assignments and reading done.
Post automatically merged:

I'm not an LRC stan but I was like "I mean, be fair. The system as he lays out it requires you to read a TONNE of books, and has minimum time requirements and benchmarks, so like, if you think you can't become an initiate by reading two dozen books and doing many exercises with strict regularity over the course of several years, then that's a valid position, but you've gotta say that's your position "

Which is such a wild argument!! "If you don't follow the instructions and do something completely different instead, the system doesn't work, therefore it's a bad system"

Yeah, if all you do is skim books, you're missing the point. The side reading is to induce a different state of mind. The kabbalistic exercises are the way to egregores yourself as a self initiate into being initiated.
Post automatically merged:

Still working on Chapters five and six I believe, earth and air grades (Zelator and Theoricus). LTC has a new video up and will have another new one up this upcoming Monday or Tuesday.
I spoke on the grades today in therapy, how water brings up emotions and mother issues, fire action and father issues, spirit tying it all together, air beliefs and fears and thought patterns, and earth everything physical/Maslow rung one.
Will be working on completing all outstanding items/writing projects/drawings this week.

Last edited: