• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Lesser Banishing of the Pentagram Blind

JAYFICTION

Neophyte
Reaction score
Awards
As I was doing my pentagram and hexagram rituals, I was taught to perform the LBPR before the others to clear the space, and to do the LBPR most frequently. As I was doing it very frequently, I got this thought that just wouldn’t stop fucking with me and that is this: why is the instruction of the LBPR to start from the earth point every time ? Aren’t I to do all four elements?
Yes, after contacting a friend more developed than I, he explained that the original LBPR taught to lower grades in a lot of esoteric orders is to banish the earth element. This is a sort of blind as the upper orders then teach a variant of the ritual that banish each element correctly. The idea is that the beginner is to get used to the ritual with a simple directional way of banishing and more importantly clear the aura of the earth most. The first Order would be the “Man of Earth.” I thought that was interesting.

KjEno186

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Reaction score
Awards
I've done LBRP the way Donald Michael Kraig described in Modern Magick. I've done LRP (invoking/banishing) as described by John Michael Greer in The Celtic Golden Dawn. I've tried LRP with
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
and even a
. I borrowed "The Ritual Opening" from Gordon Winterfield's Demons of Magick to use as a standalone replacement for the LBRP, because, why not?

Some experts might say that constant banishing is good practice and hygiene, while others say it's overused and effectively tells the spirits you want to work with to "get outa here NOW!" It's been suggested that entities love a vacuum, so "invocation" will fill the space with balanced elemental influences as opposed to "banishing." And there's even those who say that the elemental directions given might not actually fit your own local situation.

I guess what I'm saying is, "I don't know!" 🤷‍♂️

Reaction score
Awards
I've done LBRP the way Donald Michael Kraig described in Modern Magick. I've done LRP (invoking/banishing) as described by John Michael Greer in The Celtic Golden Dawn. I've tried LRP with
and even a
. I borrowed "The Ritual Opening" from Gordon Winterfield's Demons of Magick to use as a standalone replacement for the LBRP, because, why not?

Some experts might say that constant banishing is good practice and hygiene, while others say it's overused and effectively tells the spirits you want to work with to "get outa here NOW!" It's been suggested that entities love a vacuum, so "invocation" will fill the space with balanced elemental influences as opposed to "banishing." And there's even those who say that the elemental directions given might not actually fit your own local situation.

Actually, that replacement for the LRP as a banishing tool is not a bad idea. I urge people to study the origins of the LRP, and all associated pages and commentary, swish them around and savor the flow of ideas.

Reaction score
Awards
By the way, in reading aloud the ritual for spiritual development, I hit upon the element per quarter invoked at each quarter, then the supernal LRH.

It is in The Golden Dawn (Z-2 documents) by Regardie.

Ancient

Zealot
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
Cool observation. Why would one want to prioritize banishing earth for beginners? Is this just for the purpose of keeping neophytes in the dark and slowly introducing knowledge as they progress as a form of controlling power within an order or lodge? Or is it beneficial to a newbie to affiliate more with the other elements, as mundane life would be most closely correlated with the lower vibrations of earth?

Reaction score
Awards
I see no problem with the LRP invoking each element per quarter, plus spirit above. You would use divine and/or Enochian names. Beginners are advised not to mess with Enochian. I can personally attest to that

JAYFICTION

Neophyte
Reaction score
Awards
Cool observation. Why would one want to prioritize banishing earth for beginners? Is this just for the purpose of keeping neophytes in the dark and slowly introducing knowledge as they progress as a form of controlling power within an order or lodge? Or is it beneficial to a newbie to affiliate more with the other elements, as mundane life would be most closely correlated with the lower vibrations of earth?
To stabilize their physical reality before playing with air/intellect water/emotion Fire/passion

JAYFICTION

Neophyte
Reaction score
Awards
I see no problem with the LRP invoking each element per quarter, plus spirit above. You would use divine and/or Enochian names. Beginners are advised not to mess with Enochian. I can personally attest to that
Yeah man I don’t fuck with Enochian. I call Metatron above and sandalphon below from the tree of life. Damien Echols taught me that

Reaction score
Awards
Keep in mind that the earth grade includes solid, gaseous, watery and fiery elements combined. This also affects subtle Bodies.
Therefore it makes sense to banish each element at each quarter for the element of the quarter, and then do a general LBRP. Invoke in morning, banish before sleep.

JAYFICTION

Neophyte
Reaction score
Awards
Yeah man I don’t fuck with Enochian. I call Metatron above and sandalphon below from the tree of life. Damien Echols taught me that
and even a

Holy shit bro thank you. I’m going to start tinkering with the formulae. I’ve never heard of the Celtic Dawn. I love it !

JAYFICTION

Neophyte
Reaction score
Awards
Keep in mind that the earth grade includes solid, gaseous, watery and fiery elements combined. This also affects subtle Bodies.
Therefore it makes sense to banish each element at each quarter for the element of the quarter, and then do a general LBRP. Invoke in morning, banish before sleep.
That’s what I was saying with the elements. They all should be banished I don’t believe in grades really. What do you mean by the general LBRP?

Reaction score
Awards
The general LBRP is the LBRP, the Lesser Ritual of the Pentagram, earth banishing at each quarter. And then Spirit invoking above.

Reaction score
Awards
Play with the Lesser and Supreme Pentagram forms. Visualize yourself with a superimposed colored elemental symbol/glyph per the quarter.
Visualize with the pentagram stab sending that pentagram spinning at supersonic speed to the end of the multiverse, obliterating all else in it's path.
Play with it to your hearts delight. Record experiences in journal.

JAYFICTION

Neophyte
Reaction score
Awards
Oh okay I got you. Why do the just the earth though after doing all elements? I don’t understand it
I guess I’m understanding we are in Malkuth. To do earth in all corners and spirit above is to consecrate your space and establish that you have power here.

JAYFICTION

Neophyte
Reaction score
Awards
Play with the Lesser and Supreme Pentagram forms. Visualize yourself with a superimposed colored elemental symbol/glyph per the quarter.
Visualize with the pentagram stab sending that pentagram spinning at supersonic speed to the end of the multiverse, obliterating all else in it's path.
Play with it to your hearts delight. Record experiences in journal

JAYFICTION

Neophyte
Reaction score
Awards
I guess I’m understanding we are in Malkuth. To do earth in all corners and spirit above is to consecrate your space and establish that you have power here.
Play with it to your hearts delight. Record experiences in journal.
Thank you so much man. This information really helps bro. It’s so interesting