• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Life's little irritations

Jaide

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
Without getting too personal (unless you want to, in which case, by all means), what's the most annoying thing going on in your life right now?

For us, it's our car. We just bought it (used) a year and a half ago, and we've officially sunk $10k in repairs into it as of today.

oggunista80

Neophyte
Reaction score
Without getting too personal (unless you want to, in which case, by all means), what's the most annoying thing going on in your life right now?

For us, it's our car. We just bought it (used) a year and a half ago, and we've officially sunk $10k in repairs into it as of today.
Material wise-waiting to start this new job and hoping not to get fired for not meeting the expectation.

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
we've officially sunk $10k in repairs into it as of today.
Holy shit... at that point why wouldn't you replace it? You can buy a 2001 Grand Cherokee for $4k tops and it's neither a looker or any kind of status symbol, but it'll reliably get you from A to B for sure. Don't fall prey to the sunken cost fallacy haha.

As for what's annoying in my life...

The lockdown and lack of social interaction. I don't get to meet my GF very often and that causes some problems (very minor in the grand scheme of things). Miss going out to eat and drink and chilling at the office.

Other thing is a bit personal but it's to do with the country I live in and me wanting to move abroad. Actually a lot of bullshit problems and inconveniences I have are because of this shithole country. Lots of import taxes, bullshit laws and lacking modern conveniences I am used to from the western world.

Incognitus

Lead Transcriber
Reaction score
Awards
Holy shit... at that point why wouldn't you replace it? You can buy a 2001 Grand Cherokee for $4k tops and it's neither a looker or any kind of status symbol, but it'll reliably get you from A to B for sure. Don't fall prey to the sunken cost fallacy haha.
We still have a year on the lease. :( We got screwed so hard, and not in the fun way.

SkullTraill

Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
We still have a year on the lease. :( We got screwed so hard, and not in the fun way.
Ahhh, shit man... That sucks. :( I hope it behaves after you get it back from the shop this time!

Jaide

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards

As for what's annoying in my life...

The lockdown and lack of social interaction. I don't get to meet my GF very often and that causes some problems (very minor in the grand scheme of things). Miss going out to eat and drink and chilling at the office.

Other thing is a bit personal but it's to do with the country I live in and me wanting to move abroad. Actually a lot of bullshit problems and inconveniences I have are because of this shithole country. Lots of import taxes, bullshit laws and lacking modern conveniences I am used to from the western world.

Lol I don't think we've ever had a looker or a status symbol. I'm cheap. Cheap cars are my thing. I'd just kinda like them to run reliably for more than 2 months. =D

I can't imagine what I'd do if I couldn't see Incog as much as I want. That's rough, dude. Wish people would behave accordingly so we could get this thing whipped already.

I've always wanted to travel, but my BFF lives in Canada and doesn't have access to a lot of my favorite stores because of import taxes and duty fees, so as frustrated as I am with the states rn, I'll probably never live anywhere else. Unless we suddenly get rich and things get worse, that is. Depending on who comes out on top, non-Christians could very well end up with targets on their backs here. Probably won't happen. But after the last five years, I'm not guaranteeing anything.

Jaide

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
Material wise-waiting to start this new job and hoping not to get fired for not meeting the expectation.

I'm sure you'll be great! They wouldn't have approached you if you weren't the person for the job. :)

SkullTraill

Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Lol I don't think we've ever had a looker or a status symbol. I'm cheap. Cheap cars are my thing. I'd just kinda like them to run reliably for more than 2 months. =D

I can't imagine what I'd do if I couldn't see Incog as much as I want. That's rough, dude. Wish people would behave accordingly so we could get this thing whipped already.

I've always wanted to travel, but my BFF lives in Canada and doesn't have access to a lot of my favorite stores because of import taxes and duty fees, so as frustrated as I am with the states rn, I'll probably never live anywhere else. Unless we suddenly get rich and things get worse, that is. Depending on who comes out on top, non-Christians could very well end up with targets on their backs here. Probably won't happen. But after the last five years, I'm not guaranteeing anything.
Yeah, not being able to get my favorite products and conveniences that I am used to really isn't made up by good weather and beaches. There's so many British, Australian, and American products that I've grown up with and got used to that I can't get now. Plus, for a 3rd world country, shit isn't even fucking cheap here. I'm outta here after covid settles. I'll get to meet @QueenJazz IRL :D

QueenJazz

Archivist
Archivist
Reaction score
Awards
Yeah, not being able to get my favorite products and conveniences that I am used to really isn't made up by good weather and beaches. There's so many British, Australian, and American products that I've grown up with and got used to that I can't get now. Plus, for a 3rd world country, shit isn't even fucking cheap here. I'm outta here after covid settles. I'll get to meet @QueenJazz IRL :D
Yaay

Jaide

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
Damn, that's rough. What happened to it?
The heat shield that goes over the catalytic converter popped a couple bolts. I'm worried about whether or not they'll be able to fix it and how much it's gonna cost because it looks like the head of the bolt broke off and the body is still stuck in the hole, and the area around it is kinda rusty. 😖

SkullTraill

Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
The heat shield that goes over the catalytic converter popped a couple bolts. I'm worried about whether or not they'll be able to fix it and how much it's gonna cost because it looks like the head of the bolt broke off and the body is still stuck in the hole, and the area around it is kinda rusty. 😖
Sorry, I missed this. I hope it got fixed!

SkullTraill

Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
It did but there's still a pinging in the front end that we're hoping doesn't break before we can afford the repairs. Man this car.
Wish I knew something that would help, but I don't know shit about cars! Hopefully you can sell it once the lease is up!

Since this is an occult forum, I would be remiss to not ask if you guys have done any ritual workings on it to help?

Jaide

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
Wish I knew something that would help, but I don't know shit about cars! Hopefully you can sell it once the lease is up!

Since this is an occult forum, I would be remiss to not ask if you guys have done any ritual workings on it to help?
Nothing outside of a little energy work to try to keep it from imploding while we're in it. 😬

There are a couple used car dealers that usually run specials where they'll pay off the lease and take the car as a trade in. I figured we'd for sure see at least one of these with the way the used car market is rn, but so far, no dice. :/

SkullTraill

Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Nothing outside of a little energy work to try to keep it from imploding while we're in it. 😬

There are a couple used car dealers that usually run specials where they'll pay off the lease and take the car as a trade in. I figured we'd for sure see at least one of these with the way the used car market is rn, but so far, no dice. :/
I think it's an avenue worth pursuing. At this point, it can't hurt. And the time/financial investment would be close to zero.

When I start skimming my PDF collection again, I'll keep any eye for any practices that may help.

Even a bit of saging wouldn't hurt.

Jaide

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
I think it's an avenue worth pursuing. At this point, it can't hurt. And the time/financial investment would be close to zero.

When I start skimming my PDF collection again, I'll keep any eye for any practices that may help.

Even a bit of saging wouldn't hurt.

Telafiel

ᶜᵒᵍⁿⁱᵗⁱᵛᵉ ᵇᵉʰᵃᵛⁱᵒʳᵃˡ ᶜʳʸᵒᵗʰᵉʳᵃᵖʸ
Reaction score
Awards
Today's experience is somethig which annoys me exactly because I've got traumatized, and I never really expected this.

In short, without getting into too much detail: it is very annoying when you have your theoretical knowledge about certain things, but despite all of this, how or what you feel/think is still affected by your experiences regardless, which should be able to be controlled easier with the knowledge you have. This scenario is definitely something which annoys the living Hell out of me.

Where did this struggle came from today?
I'm not sure if this is allowed to share or not. There are communities which are more sensitive and those who are less, and since I am new, I still observeing and learning about you and boundaries overall. I'd like to explain this, but also give a proper warning and chance to avoid the topic for those who are sensitive.

One of my very close relative died almost two weeks ago. The funeral happened today. I wanted to see him before they close the coffin and bury, in spite that I know, this is nothing more but a body, which have no use for anyone else, and meant to be given back to Mother Nature, while the soul is preparing to start a new journey.

We was on our way to step closer. My grandmother asked:
  • Are you sure you want to see him? -she whispered.
  • Yes - I whispered back.
- You dare to take a look at him?
- Granny, don't worry about me. I've got used to the sight, and I've seen worst before.
But when we got there, my brother stopped 3 methers away from the coffin. Now I know why, as he later explained: he was shocked.

What we had to face was our deceased relative, who's jaw actually dropped down and fell inside, totally. It was indeed, shocking sight. Not because I've never seen graphic images and videos of dead bodies and am sensitive. No, I've seen very brutal ones but none of them traumatized me. Probably because for me, the deceased persons meant nothing; they were just bodies to me, which got left behind by their previous owner, the soul, and because I had no memories connected to them, it was easier to observe and keep myself emotionally away from the "expired shell".

But when I saw my beloved one's body like that, despite that I knew that his true being have nothing to do with it anymore, it traumatized me, to the point that I still can't help but keep seeing the blinking image of his face in my mind. I stared at his body, for centimeters away from him, his face, trying to find familiar lines, shapes, parts, but it was nearly impossible. Only his closed eyes had some familiar tones, nothing else. I tried to remind myself every knowledge I have, but the sight was rough.

Here in my country we have a saying: "His chin got tied up." / "Felkötötték az állát." Which means, that the person has died.
Normally, tying up the chin is a process what they do after death, because of the cadaveric state and the way how the body stop "working". The jaw drops when the muscles not holding it anymore. This is why it have to be tied up, otherwise when the body becames stiff, they can not help this anymore. His body was found 1-2 days after his death, in his bed, so it was already too late to tie his chin up, and I totally forgot about this.

I've seen the dead photos of my dad - he passed away at age 25 so I was only 2 years old at this time -, I've seen two funeral of other beloved ones, but this one was not only sad but also shocking. I've already accepted what happened, and I also did my best to give his soul the best support, so I called and asked Archangel Azrael to lead and guard his soul, support him and also asked help from my own soul; we was there for him, and I felt the presence his soul as well. I felt that his soul was grateful, and free.

I've already got an amazing book from my mother to read and study, because we had a small chat about this after the funeral. It's about death and the soul's path and the process it have to go through before a new incarnation. It's written by his great master, Sri Aurobindo. The topic isn't new to me, and I have knowledge about this, but I think that this experience of today's, pushes me to spend some proper time with this topic, and approach this on a new level, and so maybe I can handle my emotions, with simply focusing on the process itself, and the soul themselves.