• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Love Spell

Status
Not open for further replies.

theantichrist

Pathetic Weasel
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
I'd like to know your experiences with love spells...

Bluesoft

Neophyte
Reaction score
I did couple times an basic one about made square with person you love five times and the cruze ur name on it and then write down intentions around this and fold it 3 or 4 times but i used quartz around and red candles, i can tell u defenitely works but everything has a prize and i experienced some incidents that was the asnwer about the prize. Therefore i just cancelled.

I do not recommend it, it's a wrong-bad thing change the curse of someone else, i suggest you work on yourself, heal as i did and accept when someone else is not part of your pathway.

good bless you.

Jadugar

Neophyte
Reaction score
I only ever really did it once about two years ago at the behest of a friend after their bad break-up. It was around the time I lucked into some green chalk, so I inscribed the seal of Venus (from Agrippa) and did a very low-tech request during Venus' day and hour using a clay poppet to represent an ideal lover and a strand of her hair, buried it where she had her first kiss. She found a new boyfriend a week or so later and now they're already moved in and engaged, so going very well for her, thankfully. I definitely thought it'd just cause her to get back with her ex because her heart was really set on him, but seems like Lady Venus had someone even better in mind. Took it as a lesson that sometimes best to let a rite breathe on its own rather than moving with the expectation that you know what the best outcome will be.

warlock2324

Visitor
Reaction score
i imagine they tote the line of messing with free-will, which i would avoid. If your intention to find a relationship you could create a spell that focuses on love, passion, etc and luck, and attraction towards yourself, probably in the form of an amulet you would carry. don't make it ugly though.

I would avoid casting on a specific person.

Xenophon

Apostle
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
i imagine they tote the line of messing with free-will, which i would avoid. If your intention to find a relationship you could create a spell that focuses on love, passion, etc and luck, and attraction towards yourself, probably in the form of an amulet you would carry. don't make it ugly though.

I would avoid casting on a specific person.
Might I add, never cast a love spell without having an antidote on-hand in case the spell works too well.

RoccoR

Zealot
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
RE: Love Spells
SUBTOPIC: Generalization
※→ et al,

This subtopic is specialized in the Magic Associated, focusing on one's self. You see this frequently in bold claims of spells that improve Health (Healing), Wealth (Finances and Investments), Business/Law/Justice, and Wisdom (Knowledge) - to name a few.

Depending on the Magus, Warlock, or Witch that is followed, the instruction on the topic varies. There are procedures in the use of "Love Teas" • Potions/Elixirs • Oils, Charms, and Scents/Fragrances/Aromas. I have even seen the recipe for a "Love Smoothie."

𓅂 Love Spells for:
◈ Attraction and Fascination
◈ Friendships and Bonding
◈ Romantic Entanglements and Success
◈ Lost Love Recovery
◈ Moon Power for Influence or Nurturing
◈ Creation of Soulmates

Some of these are quite complicated. It makes a difference in the relationships between the casting party and the intended target. It makes a difference if it is to repair or improve the attachment between Parents and a Child, which is different from affecting a change in the case of mates. And in some cases, it makes a difference between a Spell of First Impression or a Spell of Renewal. It makes a great deal of a difference if the Spell is cast one-to-one → or → one-to-many. Sometimes there may be an unintended connection as in the imprint on a Female that is already attached, or one that had an unborn child.

The use of ingredients → or the use of crystals/ruins → or the casting color (Red is the preferred color for love). The Altar setting when creating magic through tangible materials is generally unimportant. However, if the plea for magic from a higher power is involved, the use of an "Orchid" is the most common offering in the prayer.

The point to remember here is that there is more to a "Love" Spell than a generalized prayer or incantation. This is particularly true when the caster is begging for help from the Higher Power.

Just a half penny (as opposed to two cents) here.
Most Respectfully,
R

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Well, I didn't respond to this thread when it appeared as I was in the middle of a series of love spells (getting ready for Valentine's Day of course..).
To me personally, I don't see any problems with doing love magick, and really don't consider it unethical. However..
Over the past weeks I met and got very "interested" in a witchy woman close to myself in age. What I did was (my) love spells of Ereshkigal. I might post it at some point. The thing with love Magicka is, that it makes the target notice you, think of you, feel a need to contact you. But if there's no attraction then not much will come of it. As was the case for me.
After several nightly spells and sending of dream messages, I was told on Valentine's Day (lol) that she is married.

(wish me) Better luck next time.

Taudefindi

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
After several nightly spells and sending of dream messages, I was told on Valentine's Day (lol) that she is married.
Lesson learned, search first if the person is already in a relationship or not.

stratamaster78

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
As for Ethics and Love Spells for me it depends on the target.

I think it’s fine to cast a love spell on yourself in the vein of trying to make yourself more attractive to the person you are interested in.

But I do not think it is ethical to cast the spell on the love interest to make them be attracted to you when they wouldn’t be otherwise.

That’s taking away an aspect of another’s free will and imo is just as much Black Magick as a Curse.

Mannimarco

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
In a more "normal" and healthy society, with a strong social contract, and good relations between genders, I could see where love spells might be considered unethical.
But in the modern western world? Relationships are so negatively manipulated by the elites already, through entertainment, education, social media, laws, etc. A person would have to be a very powerful magickian to even cut through all the negative societal/cultural programming.
If a person is trying to live thier best life in the midst of a collapsing civilization, I see no reason why love spells would be less ethical than anything else.

I'm not convinced that love spells take free will away in absolute terms anyway. They appear to me to exert a strong influence. On someone with no real will of their own to begin with, this could appear to take thier free will away. And truthfully the vast majority of people have almost no will at all, and just want to fit into to some system that will reward them in some way.

Taudefindi

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
I think it’s fine to cast a love spell on yourself in the vein of trying to make yourself more attractive to the person you are interested in.

But I do not think it is ethical to cast the spell on the love interest to make them be attracted to you when they wouldn’t be otherwise.
I'm of the same mind.
Post automatically merged:

Relationships are so negatively manipulated by the elites already, through entertainment, education, social media, laws, etc.
There might be manipulation happening, but let's also not take away people's own freedom to choose and to think for themselves.
If they end up manipulated it was because they chose to be manipulate, rather than think and seek things for themselves.
Ignorance might be a reason, but it's never an excuse.

Mannimarco

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
There might be manipulation happening, but let's also not take away people's own freedom to choose and to think for themselves
Fair enough, but my point is if people's own freedom to choose and think for themselves can be taken away by Coca-Cola and Oreo cookies, they don't have that much to begin with. Almost any love spell on someone like that is going to have a huge effect. Someone with a really strong will might barely respond at all to the strongest love spell.
If they end up manipulated it was because they chose to be manipulate, rather than think and seek things for themselves
Agreed, and I think this is equally true of love spells.

Basically I'm hoping to see the conversation expanded to a broader social context. These love spell discussions tend to be pretty similar every year.

RoccoR

Zealot
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
SUBTOPIC: Actions that have a Cause or have an Effect
※→ et al,

The
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
(PSR) often has a direct connection with the Probability and Nature of a specific "
."

(wish me) Better luck next time.
(COMMENT)

It is not always possible to "know" whether or not a casted "spell" actually "caused" a specific outcome → or → whether the outcome would have occurred in any event.

Most Respectfully,
R

Xenophon

Apostle
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
SUBTOPIC: Actions that have a Cause or have an Effect
※→ et al,

The
(PSR) often has a direct connection with the Probability and Nature of a specific "
."

(COMMENT)

It is not always possible to "know" whether or not a casted "spell" actually "caused" a specific outcome → or → whether the outcome would have occurred in any event.

Most Respectfully,
R
THANK YOU! One runs into an unhealthy number of megalomaniacs in this avocation. "Well, can you prove that my 'Ave Solis' orison did NOT cause the sun to rise this and every morning?! Can you?!"

Reaction score
As for Ethics and Love Spells for me it depends on the target.

That’s taking away an aspect of another’s free will and imo is just as much Black Magick as a Curse.
It can take away an aspect of free will, but there's more to it than that and I'm inclined to argue that it usually doesn't.

For starters, how much control does an individual have over who they're attracted to? Sure you could theoretically Pavlov someone into being attracted to one type of person or another, but on an individual level I have never met someone who picks and chooses who they're attracted to. What they pick and choose is what attractions they ignore and what attractions they encourage and grow.

This begs the question then: does a spell intended to generate attraction in someone who otherwise wouldn't inherently take away their free will. In my opinion, no, because free will doesn't dictate who you're attracted to, it dictates who you choose. Are there love spells which do rob people of their free will? Definitely. Are there love spells that don't directly rob someone of their free will but are so heavy handed with the intended attraction that it blurs the line anyway? Absolutely. Can you cast a love spell on someone without violating their free will? Yes.

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Long ago, I cast chaos sigils on two ladies which in the first instance lead to a rather disconcerting one-night stand (I was good friends with that person and there was already a bit of erotic sizzle) and in the second one drove me even deeper into the friend zone I was desperately trying to get out of in the first place. I didn't care about ethics then, I was completely in that chaos magic "Ah shucks!" mindset, "Nothing is true, everything is permitted" and so on.

At this point it is customary to go all pious and give sensible counsel like "Work on yourself instead, try to make yourself more attractive to others" etc. but that's advice nobody ever followed who wanted a specific person for a mate, who suffered from acute heartache and painful yearning, pined for somebody and felt powerless in the face of his or her desire and suffering. In such an extremely emotional state, ethic concerns go out of the window, and it's "All is fair in love and war". And speaking of war, I guess the same holds true for cursing. Hardly anyone on the RHP condones cursing until finally the day comes when you really hate someone, feel threatened or are deathly afraid of somebody, and then it's bye-bye, high-mindedness. Good sense hardly ever prevails in such situations, you only become wiser afterwards through having to deal with all that mess you created as a lemming blinded by lust or hate.

When casting a love spell, you're messing with something that is already anarchic and complicated - relations between human beings, and that's probaby the arena where magic is likely to have the most unintended consequences.

stratamaster78

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
It can take away an aspect of free will, but there's more to it than that and I'm inclined to argue that it usually doesn't.

For starters, how much control does an individual have over who they're attracted to? Sure you could theoretically Pavlov someone into being attracted to one type of person or another, but on an individual level I have never met someone who picks and chooses who they're attracted to. What they pick and choose is what attractions they ignore and what attractions they encourage and grow.

This begs the question then: does a spell intended to generate attraction in someone who otherwise wouldn't inherently take away their free will. In my opinion, no, because free will doesn't dictate who you're attracted to, it dictates who you choose. Are there love spells which do rob people of their free will? Definitely. Are there love spells that don't directly rob someone of their free will but are so heavy handed with the intended attraction that it blurs the line anyway? Absolutely. Can you cast a love spell on someone without violating their free will? Yes.

Anyone can use as much flowery words and reasons and excuses they want.

Doing Magick to force a specific person’s hand toward an action for the benefit of one’s selfish desires is unethical full stop.

That said I’m not telling anyone what to do or trying to lay a guilt trip on anybody.

I’ve said before that I’ve done Love Spell Magick in the past.

My result was negative unintended consequences which was all the lesson I needed to learn not to do it again.

pixel_fortune

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
if people's own freedom to choose and think for themselves can be taken away by Coca-Cola and Oreo cookies, they don't have that much to begin with
I reckon the branding people behind Coke are master magicians, whether they call themselves that or not. And I think "lifestyle" advertising is unethical for basically the reason you explain - it's by definition, trying to talk someone into spending money on something they otherwise wouldn't have wanted. (What I mean by lifestyle advertising: not talking about the features of the product but just associating it with a desirable lifestyle that the product doesn't give you.)

It's true that people are weak-willed, but like... if someone is physically weak, that doesn't give me the right to beat them up. So if I'm stronger-willed than someone, that doesn't give me the right to deliberately manipulate them to my own ends.

One runs into an unhealthy number of megalomaniacs in this avocation. "Well, can you prove that my 'Ave Solis' orison did NOT cause the sun to rise this and every morning?! Can you?!"

This is a tricky line imo! I mean, the megalomaniacs, no, they're pretty blatant. But when to credit magic.

"Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained." - Anton LaVey, principle 7 of the church of satan (I'm quoting it because I agree with it, not as an appeal to authority)

(maybe not "you'll lose everything" but "your power will weaken")

It's another one of those "piece of advice is great for 50% of people and the exact opposite advice is great for the other 50%" i guess

Status
Not open for further replies.