• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Magic Will

Noth

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
Merry meet Wizard Fourms,

I read a post that mentioned the Magicial Will, and was going to reply until I realized I would probably be derailing the actual topic of that thread. I decided to make a new thread discussing what I know about the Magical Will. Also, I'd like to apologize if I seem to be posting basic stuff, I do not intend to come off as "down talking" to anyone, but it seems like we have a lot of newer magicians, and I like to help. 😁

A great source of knowledge

I am indebted to Frater Xavier here. For those who are not familiar with the good Frater, he is a great magician who runs a YouTube channel and is teaching as part of his great work. I was impressed with the level of knowledge he was just giving away for free, so I purchased his "Words of Power" program. The central topic of the program is the Will.

I am bound by oath not to copy or distribute any of his materials. However, Frater Xavier has stated that he is perfectly OK with others sharing the knowledge they have gained, in their own words of course.

So, here is my understanding of the Will.

Not Willpower

Many associate Will with willpower, and that's an easy mistake to make. We tend to think of someone who has an "unbreakable will" as one who either has struggled or is struggling with something. This misconception can set a lot of magicians back in their journey as they will be unconsciously making things more difficult for themselves.

Magic Will

The secret of the Magic Will is better understood if we change its name. Will should actually be called "Embodiment."

I'll give an example. Have you ever said or thought, "I'm just to stupid/weak/ugly...etc" Well, you have identified yourself, and thus began the process of embodying that quality in yourself. Given time you will actually become what you identified yourself as, especially if you continue to say things like the above quote.

"Things aren't working." Well of course not, you are embodying failure.

"She'd never go for a chump like me." Well, not with that attitude.

"Why can I never get ahead financially!?" Have you tried not identifying as a failure?

Now, that's not to say that negative things happening to you is 100% your fault, but embodying the negative feelings and thoughts will help the negative things stick to you and cause more issues later down the line.

How to use the Will

The basic mechanics of all sorcery is Force meeting Form, and it's with this formula we will begin the proper use of our Magical Will.

Our Force comes from our emotions. We can generate a great deal of "umph", "power", or "mojo" by getting into a proper emotional state. My workout playlist is full of kickass music because the emotions I feel when listening are conducive to working out with intensity. I'd definitely recommend creating your own magical playlists that help you get into the emotional zone for your sorcery.

Our Form comes from our thoughts. The form doesn't need to stop in our heads though, far from it. Our Form will ultimately become us as we fully embody what ever it is we are trying to embody. Think of it as making yourself into a magical talisman.

To really get into it, your emotions raise your power, your thoughts shape what you want to be, then your words put a "stamp" on it.

Hacking the Will

If you are still struggling there is a tip Frater left. If you truly do not feel that YOU are able to do something, stop embodying yourself and embody someone else.

If this sounds like make believe to you, well it is at first, until it works. I'll give two real life examples:

I only hit the gym at 3:16

I mentioned that my workout playlist is full of kickass music, what I didn't tell you is....it's just one song on an hour long repeat. It's Stone Cold Steve Austin's theme song from the WWF.

Why? Because shattering glass and guitar rifs are all I need to get into the zone. I had spent time listening to this song while working out and embodying the intensity of the Texas Rattlesnake. This helped me achieve new PRs, look better with my shirt off, and I noticed that I have taken on some of Stone Cold's sh*t talking with my gym friends. I even "stunned" one of them (it's OK, he RKO'd me later.)

By embodying the character of Stone Cold, I was able to draw from his intensity.

Tesla my Esla

I'm a big fan of investing for my retirement (if I ever do retire) and picking the right stocks is key to one of my strategies.

When first getting started, and knowing very little, I spent time looking for any free (and good) advice on YouTube. I came across Jeremy Lefebvre, a young man who has made the stock market and trading his career.

I found his information to be well presented and the logic behind his stock picks to be sound, so I became a fan....and then set my Will to embody his knowledge.

Now, I didn't suddenly become a stock guru overnight, but I soon found myself being able to evaluate stocks, pick some winners, and even defend my choices among friends in a stock group I'd later join. All of this happened much quicker than I had ever anticipated. I even noticed that I picked up Jeremy's habit of nicknaming companies (hence "Tesla my Esla")

By embodying Jeremy, I was able to draw from his critical eye, and make more money than I thought I could in the stock market.

I'd highly encourage anyone to try this out. After getting your Will down, things like invocation of a godform, sorcery, and even evocation open up more to the budding magician.

May your Will be done,
N0th

Sage

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
If you truly do not feel that YOU are able to do something, stop embodying yourself and embody someone else.
The famous phrase "fake it until you make it".

By embodying Jeremy, I was able to draw from his critical eye, and make more money than I thought I could in the stock market.
Indeed, this can be a useful tool, however people should be careful because there are those that can end up losing themselves into this "borrowed persona of sorts" either without noticing, or willingly if they think their original selves are worse/weak and they prefer to embody others.

Öwnchef

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
It is the philosophical search for the strongest power that thrive human beings that stands behind this.
Schopenhauer started with the will to survive. Freud said no, it's the will to pleasure. Nietzsche answered with the will to power. Alfred Adler joined in on will to power. Victor Frankl came up with his will to meaning.
The last to join in was Crowley with the formulation of a true will. That would mean a situation where your pure will (your destination and goal in life) becomes identical with the devine will.
And that can only happen when you know who you are. Who your subconscious is. And where you came from (phylogenesis, cosmogenesis). Only then will you be able to tell where you are heading to. Plus the HGA tells you about the devine will. Done.

There is only one alternative according to Crowley and that is cunt and cognac. You know the drill by now. You decide.

Noth

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
The famous phrase "fake it until you make it".

Indeed, this can be a useful tool, however people should be careful because there are those that can end up losing themselves into this "borrowed persona of sorts" either without noticing, or willingly if they think their original selves are worse/weak and they prefer to embody others.
(You don't know just how tempted I was to reply with a Stone Cold "What?" gif. LOL)

Excellent point, it is crucial to be able to "turn it off" when not utilizing this technique.

While some aspects of another's personality (or our perceived aspects of their personality) may be desirable, we should always be in control of ourselves and integrate these aspects in safely and at our own pace.

It is definitely helpful to keep in close touch with those who know us best, they can often sound the first warning bell if one starts taking on negative aspects due to their work in the Art.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
"Will" is manifested on every plane and subplane. Lifting consciousness to higher planes allows access more refined aspects of "will"

Noth

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
+++Field Report+++

I work for a company that is currently in a long slide downwards to possibly going out of business. Why I do work here? Well I am paid well, and I'm moving across the country in a few months anyways, so might as well soak up as much of the high pay I negotiated. This little anecdote is relevant only to set the stage for my story:

This morning three of our crew did not come into work today. These three know they can get away with it as one of the first things to go under our new management was the strict adherence to discipline, hardly anyone will be written up for anything here.

The real issue is that these three employees were scheduled to handle a sensitive project, and without them here the rest of their team would fail on what they are working on today.

As I arrived to my office it was jokingly suggested that I handle the part of the project the three missing employees were scheduled. I do have the required knowledge, and I once ran the entire department in question...but I hastily said "No."

Full disclosure, I woke up on the wrong side of bed this morning. I was not in a happy mood, and the knowledge that this kind of stuff is just the new norm set me off.

A few moments later I sat at my desk a and a thought hit me.... I do have a few changes I want to make about my own position in the company, but my current boss won't even consider it right now (he does have a lot on his plate, he's not just ignoring me) so I needed some kind of leverage to really get what I want from him right now.

And I know how to get leverage...well, one of me does.

One of the things we can do after working and playing with our Will is to create different personalities for ourselves. These personalities will still be "you" just you wearing different hats. I have one I call "The Miracle Worker."

Now, this is the Star Trek Montgomery Scott type miracle worker, not the Jesus Christ the Son of the Living God type miracle worker. I'm looking to get high praise from my boss, not raise the dead here.

If you are unfamiliar with Star Trek's resident Scotsman, let's just say there is nothing he can not fix and cheerfully so.

I have a little sequence of steps I take to fully embody my "Miracle Worker" but once I'm in the zone answers and solutions of a technical nature come easy to me. It really is like I can access all my training, proficiency with tools, and specialty knowledge from a database, all at my fingertips, all lightning quick.

So, now in a more helpful mood I approached my boss with a deal, "I'll take care of the issues today, but I need this for tomorrow and Friday. I'd also need to talk to you about ____."

My offer was accepted without question and now, for the trade of fixing an emergency I got one thing I wanted, and have my foot in the door to negotiate a second later this week. And all it cost me was the few moments to call up the Will of the Miracle Worker.

Be well Wizard Fourms,
N0th

P.S. much like Scotty I over estimated the time it would take me to complete this project, I'm almost done.

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Its about time, you freakin dipshit!
And yes its no longer pointed at you. 😉💖

Noth

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
Its about time, you freakin dipshit!
And yes its no longer pointed at you. 😉💖
I'm lost here.

What is no longer pointed at me? And why would you call me a dipshit?

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Ugh, you sync strange thats all. Thank goodness you dont know why. But, anyways im mrs. Clean up lady, nice to meet you mr. Miracle worker.

Noth

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
Ugh, you sync strange thats all. Thank goodness you dont know why. But, anyways im mrs. Clean up lady, nice to meet you mr. Miracle worker.
Oh, ok.

Well I hope what I post is useful. I'll have to say I do not have a dipshit personality....unless I've been drinking. 😂

Sage

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
I'm looking to get high praise from my boss, not raise the dead here.
Raising a half-way dead company back up would hit two birds with one stone.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I have a little sequence of steps I take to fully embody my "Miracle Worker" but once I'm in the zone answers and solutions of a technical nature come easy to me.
So do you have a spirit that cooperates with you when you ask and align yourself?

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
it's just me...so my own spirit.
By tradition, there are 7 primary chakras, 49 secondary and 343 tertiary chakras - all operated by intelligences, usually separate until the trans-human stage

If the chakra intelligences are happy, the human system will operate well

Noth

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
By tradition, there are 7 primary chakras, 49 secondary and 343 tertiary chakras - all operated by intelligences, usually separate until the trans-human stage

If the chakra intelligences are happy, the human system will operate well
Oh yeah, I've heard a bit about chakras. I know there are some traditions that claim 5 main chakras, and some 7, I believe there is even a 9 chakra version out there.

I don't know much about them though, I have more of a empty handed approach. Though it would be interesting to receive instruction from a guru and then compare my notes after, chakras have always seemed fun.

Öwnchef

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I met a lot of gurus in my life. One at the international book fair in Frankfurt in 2000. He spoke only Hindi if any. But he had written a book titled "End of the world 2000".
I asked his translator when the book will be available. She answered unironically: "In 2001".

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
never met a real guru, did you?? the end of y2k. be glad you didnt get stuck in that stuff. at least he got his answer. he needed 2k to travel the world to make you headdesk and ridicule him online. he will get the peace he deserves...