• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Magic Will

Noth

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
Yes, a proper guru. One who understands the mechanics and can teach me.

Of course it would require the proper relationship between guru and student, and I would vet anyone before I begin any work with them.

Much like how there are only a handful of people I would trust in ritual with me, the guru would have to earn my trust first.

Noth

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
I met a lot of gurus in my life. One at the international book fair in Frankfurt in 2000. He spoke only Hindi if any. But he had written a book titled "End of the world 2000".
I asked his translator when the book will be available. She answered unironically: "In 2001".
Aw man! I wish I had met that guy.

Not for any instruction, just so I could ask him for a loan, "Don't worry, I'll pay you back Jan 1st." 🤣

Öwnchef

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Aw man! I wish I had met that guy.

Not for any instruction, just so I could ask him for a loan, "Don't worry, I'll pay you back Jan 1st." 🤣
I met one guru, I call him Venkarta, who wanted me to run an ashram together. When you meet these guys and they respect you as being on the same level they will start to talk honest with you. There is zero respect for their disciples. Probably because they chose them. And they are very cynical. No excempt. They will read in a new book and that will become the new law. They will tell you what to eat and what to do. And they have nothing to give you.

Read Charles Leadbeater, the secret papers of the Theosophical Society. This has become the blueprint for all gurus. There have been none before Blavatsky, btw.

RabbitPants

Neophyte
Reaction score
Oh yeah, I've heard a bit about chakras. I know there are some traditions that claim 5 main chakras, and some 7, I believe there is even a 9 chakra version out there.

I don't know much about them though, I have more of a empty handed approach. Though it would be interesting to receive instruction from a guru and then compare my notes after, chakras have always seemed fun.
I had the same idea, spent time learning Chan Buddhism and Daoist Neidan (inner alchemy) since they're not really separate. They have an even different system with Dantien, Japanese Tanden, where there is some overlap with the Chakras, but the system is completely different. The thing is that none of these systems are innate, this is what was admitted by the current master of the Maoshan sect in China, these structures are created by people for very specific purposes. The Egyptians didn't use them, ancient Norse, Celtic, and Karelian magicians and shamans didn't use them and didn't need them. You don't need them either, but you're free to explore and come to the same conclusion, just don't waste too much time believing in their dogmatic garbage.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
none of these systems are innate
Often when dealing with a person, I will look at one of their chakras to see the nature spirit. Then the person usually can see it too and thereby observe when the nature spirit gets bigger and more active and whether it likes or dislikes particular energies/actions

RabbitPants

Neophyte
Reaction score
Interesting, I'll give this a read.
The same can also be said about "magical traditions" or schools of thought pertaining to magic. In the beginning it may seem to you that by doing things by whichever book you use is necessary, but you'll eventually realize that it's all bullshit. Astrological hours? Bullshit, you don't need it. Angelic invocations because every spirit is out there is "le evil", all bullshit. Since I mentioned my past in Daoism, I'll mention a very interesting book called The teachings of Daoist master Chuang.

Daoist master Chuang is a renown master in his region, he is summoned by a local Buddhist monk to perform an exorcism. Chuang arrives late, the Buddhist scolds him because the "lightning magic" he needs to use to exorcise this particular type of spirit is said to be accessible only at certain times of the day. Chuang laughs at the monk and says, "I don't need any of those things", and proceeds to do exactly what he was summoned for.

Every "system" is full of bullshit, all of it is useful in the beginning to help you start believing in yourself, until you have done magic to the extent that you can no longer doubt whether magic is real, but eventually it becomes a limiting factor, it's only meant for the first stage and beyond it is nothing but a hindrance.

Öwnchef

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
The same can also be said about "magical traditions" or schools of thought pertaining to magic. In the beginning it may seem to you that by doing things by whichever book you use is necessary, but you'll eventually realize that it's all bullshit. Astrological hours? Bullshit, you don't need it. Angelic invocations because every spirit is out there is "le evil", all bullshit. Since I mentioned my past in Daoism, I'll mention a very interesting book called The teachings of Daoist master Chuang.

Daoist master Chuang is a renown master in his region, he is summoned by a local Buddhist monk to perform an exorcism. Chuang arrives late, the Buddhist scolds him because the "lightning magic" he needs to use to exorcise this particular type of spirit is said to be accessible only at certain times of the day. Chuang laughs at the monk and says, "I don't need any of those things", and proceeds to do exactly what he was summoned for.

Every "system" is full of bullshit, all of it is useful in the beginning to help you start believing in yourself, until you have done magic to the extent that you can no longer doubt whether magic is real, but eventually it becomes a limiting factor, it's only meant for the first stage and beyond it is nothing but a hindrance.
There is huge difference between obsolete rituals and intentionally exploit. The latter is a trap. When you realize it it is too late to escape.

Noth

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
+++Part 2 of the Report+++

So it looks like the second thing I wanted from my boss is in the bag. I just have to officially accept the offer.

I initially wanted to post this thread as an example of how powerful our Magical Will can be, especially as we tailor it to our individual lives.

I believe this thread has run its course, but if anyone else has any success with working your Will, please post your results, I love hearing success stories.
😁

May you live long and prosper,
N0th