• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Opinion] Magickal Ritual Goals?

Everyone's got one.

Lemongrass00

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Is anyone here preparing/ planning for an elaborate ritual or series of workings?

For me, I am planning and preparing to do the Enochian Gebofal Ritual within the next 5 years. Is anyone else working towards a ritual?

Reaction score
Awards
Working through Christophers book, and Kraig's book, then tackling rituals to summon and evoke Shemhamphoresh.
From there possibly try Abramelin.
Post automatically merged:

I should also add my plan to explore evocation of ancient gods and goddesses starting with My Celtic Adventure back to Egypt.

Last edited:

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Scrying the Aethyrs. After attempting (and failing) the third one a long time ago, I put that in the fridge. Want to start from the top and go through all, beginning later this year.

pixel_fortune

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Is anyone here preparing/ planning for an elaborate ritual or series of workings?

Not a 49-day working, but: at the Summer solstice (ie December 22, a few weeks ago), I did the Consecration of the 12 Faces of Helios (PGM IV.1596—1715) using Polyphanes' method

That is, getting up before sunrise, with a fairly elaborate physical set-up, and performing an invocation + offerings to a different face every planetary hour, finishing at sunset

I really have no idea how effective it was (it's for a general "luck and success" enchantment of a piece of jewellery, so it's very hard to separate results every day tides)

But it felt very satisfying to do a full day working like that.

And I spent the day with phone and internet switched off, just reading in between invocations, so it was overall super nice

(One minor but very cool/strange thing happened during the ritual but after writing it out just now, I got the sense that I should keep it to myself. But it was an indication that at least some real connection was made)

If I have one piece of advice, it's DON'T use papyrus during a summer solstice rite. Oh you'll feel very fancy and legit, but it curls up like a scroll the second sunlight touches it, spoiling your beautiful hieroglyphic layout. Stick to paper!

pixel_fortune

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Oh I suppose Helios Unbound. But that doesn't really count as a "working" for the most part, it's more just more-intense-than-usual consistent daily practice. But I guess technically it means I'm preparing for a 3-day intensive working in 7 months' time.

@Diluculo_DelFuego I really strongly recommend this book I shared recently

Just to get you thinking about it, not to commit you to anything

It's a deconstruction of Abramelin that lets you build your own version of it, that's still rigorous and structured but suited to your own resonances. It made me understand why Helios Unbound is structured the way it is. (It also includes clear instructions for the traditional Abramelin, because the original book is kind of confusing in terms of what you're actually supposed to DO.)

Robert Ramsay

Acolyte
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
I'm plucking up courage to apply to give a talk about my work at WorldCon in Glasgow this August. There are always enough mad wizards at WorldCon; one more shouldn't tip the balance :D
Ok, I applied.
Title: Magic: The Engineering of Coincidence
Description:
Can magic and science ever be reconciled?
Robert Ramsay has spent thirty years finding out and thinks he can present his findings in under an hour. A whirlwind tour of relativity, quantum physics, entropy and chaos theory. And some real magic.

I have to thank you folks for finally giving me the push to apply.

stratamaster78

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
I'm always setting aside some time to work on/develop my personal ritual for attaining K&C w/ my HGA.

I won't be doing the full on Abramelin or anything but will be adapting parts of it in a more modern way.

I have a Ritual Template/Script that I take time to study and memorize portions of so that when I'm ready to begin there won't be an overwhelming amount of stuff to memorize all at once.

Part of it is a Modified Liber Samekh followed by selected Adorations from Liber 963 material from the Chapter titled "169 Cries of Adoration".

It's a lot to commit to memory, so it's an ongoing working.

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
what happened with the first time? that is also something I am interested in
At the time I was following a blog / website of three guys that scryed these Aethyrs. On my first attempt I only read aloud the 19th call (with the appropriate name) and closed my eyes. Almost instantly I had a very vivid vision that was exactly like the one I had read about. Very cool but then I started to think it might be me trying to be like them. So I started to doubt, stopped and redid it a couple of days later.
On that second attempt it was completely different (and this confirmed to me that the Magick worked but it also confirmed to me that the first try very likely was indeed me trying to copy someone else).
In that vision I climbed up / was transported on a very long ladder that ended in a big bright metal ball in the sky. Was short and weird.
The second Aethyr was some time later and the vision was longer, in a desert where I went into an old temple where a big ball of fire was hovering. When I was standing in front of it my mind was "and now? What do I do now?" Nothing happened and I didn't do anything and stopped.
The third Aethyr was so far the only time I saw an entity after using the 19tj call. It was an enormous blue man with long red hair standing on a "planet" that was the size of a basketball beneath his feet. He said (only) one word to me and I doubted the whole thing.

I think that my first denial or disbelief messed me up. But since then I really am not interested in reading about others' visions or experiences as I know they will influence me in one way or another.

@Robert Ramsay good luck indeed!

Lemongrass00

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
At the time I was following a blog / website of three guys that scryed these Aethyrs. On my first attempt I only read aloud the 19th call (with the appropriate name) and closed my eyes. Almost instantly I had a very vivid vision that was exactly like the one I had read about. Very cool but then I started to think it might be me trying to be like them. So I started to doubt, stopped and redid it a couple of days later.
On that second attempt it was completely different (and this confirmed to me that the Magick worked but it also confirmed to me that the first try very likely was indeed me trying to copy someone else).
In that vision I climbed up / was transported on a very long ladder that ended in a big bright metal ball in the sky. Was short and weird.
The second Aethyr was some time later and the vision was longer, in a desert where I went into an old temple where a big ball of fire was hovering. When I was standing in front of it my mind was "and now? What do I do now?" Nothing happened and I didn't do anything and stopped.
The third Aethyr was so far the only time I saw an entity after using the 19tj call. It was an enormous blue man with long red hair standing on a "planet" that was the size of a basketball beneath his feet. He said (only) one word to me and I doubted the whole thing.

I think that my first denial or disbelief messed me up. But since then I really am not interested in reading about others' visions or experiences as I know they will influence me in one way or another.

@Robert Ramsay good luck indeed!
That sounds amazing, I hope you are successful when you pick it up again,

the aethyrs have always been hard for me to understand (intellectually) since I have never attempted them yet, it seems that while it’s highly subjective, people do experience some degree of “objectivity between aethyrs, but the only way to know is to do it.

I have tried avoiding reading specific things on the aethyrs like the vision and the voice to see how well an “uninfluenced” blank slate mind will compare to it. If you are interested, I do follow this blog of this guy who has a high level of proficiency in Enochian it could help spur your enthusiasm to try it again.

Reaction score
I'm working on a master copy of the 5=6 Adeptus Minor ritual from the GD, using the black brick, yellow brick and a few Masonic sources. Adding some commentary and further explanation. Then I I'll be adapting that for my own Order.

That's my big project as a ritualist right now, though I recently compiled 49 virtues for the 49 gates. Currently I'm exploring Paracelsus' worldview especially as it pertains to both Rosicrucianism and a deeper understanding of Enochian cosmology.

This past year was very fruitful. I wrote a Ritual of the Medicine Round deprecating the SRP in my practice and becoming my circle casting rite. I also wrote invoking and banishing medicine cross rituals replacing the LIRP and LBRP respectively.

This Thursday, God willing, I will be installed as Sr. Deacon of the lodge. We've got 5 or 6 candidates coming through so that will keep me busy for the next few months.

My goals for this year:
• Finish my version of the 5=6 ritual
• perfect my 2nd circle rite
• finish my planetary enochian tablets finally.
• not screw up Sr. Deacon and start learning JW

For me, I am planning and preparing to do the Enochian Gebofal Ritual within the next 5 years. Is anyone else working towards a ritual?
I was just looking into the Gebofal ritual. I have a few thoughts on the application of the keys. Still playing with a few things. What do you think of that 49th Key?

Oh and I might be going to Albert Pike's ol homestead during the eclipse this year. If so I'll have to write something for that.

Lemongrass00

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
What do you think of that 49th Key?
Very intriguing, when the ritual happens I would ask for it to be revealed to me by recreating the same way John Dee got it in the first place.

I follow someone who has done the ritual and did this, and they have a 49th key that they have revealed, it’s very interesting.

Reaction score
Awards
On second thought, being unable to attend a lodge, Im not sure when I finish Kraig and Christopher if I will be doing anything different than now.
So, my magickal goal might be to suck it up and realize it's not in my cards.

stratamaster78

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
I'm working on a master copy of the 5=6 Adeptus Minor ritual from the GD, using the black brick, yellow brick and a few Masonic sources. Adding some commentary and further explanation. Then I I'll be adapting that for my own Order.

That's my big project as a ritualist right now, though I recently compiled 49 virtues for the 49 gates. Currently I'm exploring Paracelsus' worldview especially as it pertains to both Rosicrucianism and a deeper understanding of Enochian cosmology.

This past year was very fruitful. I wrote a Ritual of the Medicine Round deprecating the SRP in my practice and becoming my circle casting rite. I also wrote invoking and banishing medicine cross rituals replacing the LIRP and LBRP respectively.

This Thursday, God willing, I will be installed as Sr. Deacon of the lodge. We've got 5 or 6 candidates coming through so that will keep me busy for the next few months.

My goals for this year:
• Finish my version of the 5=6 ritual
• perfect my 2nd circle rite
• finish my planetary enochian tablets finally.
• not screw up Sr. Deacon and start learning JW

I was just looking into the Gebofal ritual. I have a few thoughts on the application of the keys. Still playing with a few things. What do you think of that 49th Key?

Oh and I might be going to Albert Pike's ol homestead during the eclipse this year. If so I'll have to write something for that.

Forgive me for what may be an air-headed question…

What is the ‘Yellow Brick’?

I know of the Black Brick (Regardie), the Big Blue Brick (Crowley), Uncle Bucky’s Blue and Red Bricks etc..

But asfaik I’ve never heard of the Yellow Brick.

Lazarus

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Forgive me for what may be an air-headed question…

What is the ‘Yellow Brick’?

I know of the Black Brick (Regardie), the Big Blue Brick (Crowley), Uncle Bucky’s Blue and Red Bricks etc..

But asfaik I’ve never heard of the Yellow Brick.
maybe this?
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!