• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Michael Cecchetelli Sentenced To 4 Years In Prison (Aug 2022)

Taudefindi

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Also, I don't know any occult authors who got wealthy off book sales. Occult books don't sell anywhere near the amounts of mainstream topics like self help, biographies, documentary type books, novels, etc. Most occult authors still have a full time job or run a business that supplements their book income.
I'm of the mind that most occult authors don't get wealthy because their own "magic" is fake or at least "shady" enough to attract some attention while making one question the legitimacy of it.

I mean, if what they say in their books-some making amazing claims of wealth and power being achieved through "their magic"-is real then how come most of these authors are either struggling or don't live in luxury as you would expect?

It's the same with most "bussiness" books, you see people speaking of ways to achieve wealth or status in your job or become your own boss while living the life of a rockstar, but the authors themselves aren't shown to actually have achieved what their books claim you can achieve by following their step-by-step guidance.

You wouldn't take sales advice from someone that didn't make money by selling stuff, would you?

The God-King

The Mystical Rebel
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
I'm of the mind that most occult authors don't get wealthy because their own "magic" is fake or at least "shady" enough to attract some attention while making one question the legitimacy of it.

I mean, if what they say in their books-some making amazing claims of wealth and power being achieved through "their magic"-is real then how come most of these authors are either struggling or don't live in luxury as you would expect?

It's the same with most "bussiness" books, you see people speaking of ways to achieve wealth or status in your job or become your own boss while living the life of a rockstar, but the authors themselves aren't shown to actually have achieved what their books claim you can achieve by following their step-by-step guidance.

You wouldn't take sales advice from someone that didn't make money by selling stuff, would you?

I don't know any occult authors that claims wealth from their magic other than Geoff Gray-Cobb and his NAP.

Taudefindi

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
I don't know any occult authors that claims wealth from their magic other than Geoff Gray-Cobb and his NAP.
Ok perhaps I have used the wrong phrase.While some might not claim outright to have gotten rich from their arts, the way they "speak" in books seems to imply this, or that the one reading the book will "achieve great things" exactly because they're reading "the right book to get rich/powerful".

Reaction score
Awards
I'm not of the mind that magic works 100% of the time. We are human and are prone to all the pitfalls of being a human, such as failure. Perhaps he did attempt magic to get rid of his enemies, but then again, why wait for a spell or ritual to manifest when you can send out a quick text to some hitters and have your enemies gone by the end of the day? Magic isn't always the answer.
If his magic only worked 25% of the time couldn't he have used some kind of spell four times to get him the success needed to not have to resort to crime? lol

If his magic only works 1%-5% of the time, I wouldn't call it magic, I'd call it a lucky man deluded by coincidences he never truly tested. Maybe it was that hubris that made him think he'd keep getting away with everything, maybe he felt protected and powerful when he was really just pushing his luck and it finally gave out.

This just reminds me of that saying I found recently:
"A Poor Magician Is A Poor Magician"

We live in a world with billions of humans and trillions of different variables for all the decisions we'll make and all the random occurrences that can happen around us. Maybe if I had went out today I would have been robbed and shot, or hit by a car, and I'm only alive right now sending this message because I decided to stay home, who knows. Somebody is bound to "win at life" just on pure chance, like winning the lottery. Maybe Michael Cecchetelli was winning for a while and his winning streak finally broke.

I'm 100% sure there are some individuals who think they can do magic when it's just that they got lucky in life. No different than a guy being born tall, handsome and into a wealthy family. Such a thing just happened as you were reading this very sentence, but no magic was required, some people are just luckier than others, it's all just a random dice throw that determines a lot of what happens in everyone's lives.

Richard Lustig is an American who is known for winning 7 lottery prizes in his life which all added up to around a million before taxes ($1,052,205.58):
  • Win 1: $10,000 – January 1993 (scratch-off ticket)
  • Win 2: $13,696.03 – August 1997 (Florida Fantasy 5)
  • Win 3: "Wheel of Fortune" Holiday trip to Los Angeles – June 2000 (valued at $3,594.66) (scratch-off ticket "2nd chance drawing")
  • Win 4: Elvis Holiday trip to Memphis – October 2001 (valued at $4,966) (scratch-off ticket "2nd chance drawing")
  • Win 5: $842,152.91 – January 2002 (Florida Mega Money)
  • Win 6: $73,658.06 – November 25, 2008 (Florida Fantasy 5)
  • Win 7: $98,992.92 – August 9, 2010 (Florida Fantasy 5)
Maybe this guy actually knew magic and used it to win. Or, maybe he won all of those prizes through pure luck. I know one thing for sure, if he didn't know how to do magic, but had attempted a ritual for wealth in 1993 before his first win, he'd definitely spend the rest of his life thinking he could do magic despite not knowing, all because of pure luck. Nobody could tell him otherwise either because his reality would reflect the expected outcomes of someone that can do magic.

Same

I think the best example of this is the day trading scene. It is literally the most scammy community you will ever come across. Most everyone that makes money in day trading communities are making their money from selling trading signals, trading courses, and trading tools (indicators, robots, etc). Not from their actual trading abilities lol.

It's the exact reason why I've never bought a trading course, and by that same logic i've never bought any kind of occult book that focuses on wealth spells, because if it actually worked, the author wouldn't be selling that information, they'd just use that information and skip all the extra steps they took to make money.

Someone might argue they are using the magic but they still have to makes sales for the magic to work, so they are using the magic to sell that very same magic lol. But I think that's nothing but a convenient BS excuse, and it's ridiculously convoluted.

I haven't bought any occult book period, but if I was going to buy one, it would never be a wealth or money themed book, because it's just too ironic, it just seems like an obvious scam.

Example (Those Damon Brand Books):
Wealth Magick: The Secrets of Extreme Prosperity (The Gallery of Magick)
Magickal Cashbook: Attract Money Fast With Ancient Secrets And Modern Wealth Magick (The Gallery of Magick)
Magickal Riches: Occult Rituals For Manifesting Money (The Gallery of Magick)

1. If ALL of the books are accurate why are they selling the books instead of simply using the knowledge for themselves?
2. If ONE of the books is accurate, what was the point in creating the other two books to sell, they could just sell the best one to their customers?

This just looks like a money trap for desperate people from my perspective.

Reaction score
Awards
Perhaps they realize what wealth actually is ... Helping others even if those cannot help back.
Magic is a fifty fifty shot unless you have spiritual juice.
What answer are you actually looking for?
That magic is bullshit?