• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

My joke thread

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Ok had never heard that. Always had a feeling that Native Americans didn't have corruption which was what the joke was based upon. Well that kinda emptied the joke :)
Sorry! Seriously---I thought you meant today, when they've been laden with all the curses civilization's blessings can bring on. Traditional NatAm society was rather fraught with vices. (This brings to mind the essay contest Rousseau wrote "The Social Contract" for. The proposed theme was whether or not the arts and sciences had improved or corrupted man.)

On the other hand, one spots sign of corruption among the Aztecs. Dissatisfaction with their high-handed (read cruel) rule inspired the Tlascalan revolt that the Spaniards rode all the way to Mexico City.
Post automatically merged:

Sorry! Seriously---I thought you meant today, when they've been laden with all the curses civilization's blessings can bring on. Traditional NatAm society was rather fraught with vices. (This brings to mind the essay contest Rousseau wrote "The Social Contract" for. The proposed theme was whether or not the arts and sciences had improved or corrupted man.)

On the other hand, one spots sign of corruption among the Aztecs. Dissatisfaction with their high-handed (read cruel) rule inspired the Tlascalan revolt that the Spaniards rode all the way to Mexico City.
Then there was the Wilde-wannabee who declared he could make a pun on any subject. Someone shouted, "Her Majesty, the Queen!" He looked down his nose and sneered, "Fool! Her Majesty the Queen is not a subject!"

Meantime, in another wing of the Palace, James Whistler burst into a secluded library only to find Oscar Wilde amorously tussling with the Prince of Wale's serving-boy. Whistler panted, "Wilde, another fellow is usurping your exalted position as humorist. You'll have to turn over a new leaf!" Not missing a beat, Wilde huffed, "Anon, anon. Just as soon I've gotten to the bottom of this page."

Then there was the Wilde-wannabee who declared he could make a pun on any subject. Someone shouted, "Her Majesty, the Queen!" He looked down his nose and sneered, "Fool! Her Majesty the Queen is not a subject!"

Meantime, in another wing of the Palace, James Whistler burst into a secluded library only to find Oscar Wilde amorously tussling with the Prince of Wale's serving-boy. Whistler panted, "Wilde, another fellow is usurping your exalted position as humorist. You'll have to turn over a new leaf!" Not missing a beat, Wilde huffed, "Anon, anon. Just as soon I've gotten to the bottom of this page."
Sorry. Above I meant to write "Traditional NatAm civilizations were not much fraught with vices."

Last edited: