• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Official] Nominate/Request Awards here!

An official request, or post by staff acting with authority.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Done!

Done!

Done!

Hmmm... wasn't really feeling these, but you inspired me to add "Cousin Andrew", "Militant", and (sorry to say it) "Yapper" 😂

You already have so many awards though, but still, feel free to pick one... I'm thinking Alien...

Hey, thanks for the Pirate award! It's getting more and more difficult to find treasure but I'll try my best.

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Hey, thanks for the Pirate award! It's getting more and more difficult to find treasure but I'll try my best.
Eternally grateful. Consider the "Cotton's Parrot" award yours to give out (minding it's purpose of course). PM me any time should you wish to grant it to anyone on WF.

Ancient

Zealot
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
That psychedelics thread sure drew a line in the sand, how about something for the psychonauts among us?
I'd accept something like the following:
Hippy: Not just on the fringes, you've smoked 'em.
Dopehead: It's not like that. It's my medicine.

This might not be so much an accolade, but for anyone who lives in the middle of nowhere we could use Woodsman. Or to be gender inclusive, Survival Expert - which as a bonus can also be handed out to anyone who makes it past 60 years old or past 5 years as an active member of the forum without making a "Fuck you, I quit" post. I'll claim this one on the basis of isolation and nominate @Jiggywiggy for the same reason.

And finally something to recognize the tireless work the mod team does here keeping us on topic:
DUI: Stay in your fucking lane.
For which I wholeheartedly nominate @Xenophon

Wintruz

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Now that I think about it... not many of these awards are actually suitable to request for oneself without stealing valor or looking like a fool... so maybe I need to make a few more random fun awards... hmmm...
Have I stuck around long enough yet for 'Militant'?

Also, can there be one that is specifically for sixteen year olds who ardently want to defend their claim to the title of "Supreme Magus of the Four Quarter Demons" but who always make a mess of it in the process? Sort of like 'Dunce' but maybe with a wizards hat on top?

Not that I can think of any nominees...

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
That psychedelics thread sure drew a line in the sand, how about something for the psychonauts among us?

This might not be so much an accolade, but for anyone who lives in the middle of nowhere we could use Woodsman. Or to be gender inclusive, Survival Expert - which as a bonus can also be handed out to anyone who makes it past 60 years old or past 5 years as an active member of the forum without making a "Fuck you, I quit" post. I'll claim this one on the basis of isolation and nominate @Jiggywiggy for the same reason.

And finally something to recognize the tireless work the mod team does here keeping us on topic:
Sorry. I spent my formative years where the state motto was: "Get drunked and drive on the wrong side of the road with your lights off." Which sounds like a Jimmy Buffet song from those years, dunnit?

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards

Done! I actually liked the concept of "psychonaut" so I made that, and the Hippy one... Not so sure about the Dopehead and DUI one, also there's already some different awards made to recognize staff.

BTW, I may change the image for the Survivor award later, I whipped this up real quick and I'm tired atm... I don't want it to be too similar to the Generalist, Seeker, and Naturalist awards that already exist, but I'm not 100% happy with the one I made either.

Have I stuck around long enough yet for 'Militant'?

Also, can there be one that is specifically for sixteen year olds who ardently want to defend their claim to the title of "Supreme Magus of the Four Quarter Demons" but who always make a mess of it in the process? Sort of like 'Dunce' but maybe with a wizards hat on top?

Not that I can think of any nominees...
Done. Dunce with a wizard cap is not unique enough...

Please give "Cool" award to @Mannimarco because she is cool :cool:
I would like to request the "..." award for myself, not sure what those 3 dots mean but the icon resembles my mind so much!
Done.

Thanks @Viktor and @Ancient for actually nominating someone other than yourselves.

Last edited:

Xingtian

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
I note with chagrin that several of my hard-earned awards have been unceremoniously revoked (e.g. the toilet paper one), and several more which I am clearly deserving of are still to be awarded (e.g. Snowflake).

Reaction score
Awards
Airhead ... For space cadets or those in the Theoricus grade, people just generally unaware
Sniper ... For trigger happy cursers who feel justified by any sleight perpetrated against them
Martyr ... for drama queens/kings that get x amount of loves for necessary dopamine refills

Just a few that came to mind
I was actually kinda joking, but space cadet or airhead fits me as of late.
I nominate theantichrist for sniper.

Ancient

Zealot
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
I actually liked the concept of "psychonaut" so I made that, and the Hippy one
O Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power, I humbly submit that I failed to make myself clear to your Great Self when I suggested such awards: I want these ones too, please! I know it's tough to believe since my posts are usually coherent, but I'm not often down on Earth with the rest of y'all.

I'd like to nominate @Yazata for The Dragon! for his inspirational work in making sense of the mess of old grimoires without relying on somebody else's translations or ritual structure. The intrepid spirit I see in his work is what pushes a culture forward into new and exciting things.

Oh, and @SkullTraill, thank you as always for the work you put into creating this space for us to share stories and argue with each other. I think it's very cool that you get little projects like this involving the community in decision-making and aesthetics. Therefore, I am also nominating you for The Dragon!

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
You guys! I'm blushing.
@SkullTraill you have the zodiac signs, maybe the Chinese zodiac would be cool as well? Just a thought.
I nominate @Ancient cient for the Hammer of Thor award if you ever create that, and @Pyrokar for the Big Meanie award 😜🧡

Pyrokar

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
the meme might be dead
but we might as well ride the wave on that
"Mossad" bots hidding in the site spreading spiritual propaganda for the conspiracy awards
we never bonded more than the time we dunked on that qanon kid
good times.

Rowena

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
I would like to request Witch.
If I am allowed to request more than one, I'd also like Pirate, Brewing & Alchemy, Chaos, & Nature & Folk.

Status
Not open for further replies.