• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Opening your third eye and astral projection

Arcane

Visitor
Reaction score
If you open your third eye to see spirits for example will you leave your body while you sleep or astrally project accidentally? Is there a way to not do so? Or will it happen regardless of your wishes? I want to be able to see spirits but don't want to astrally project like at all. So yeah.

Konsciencia

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
There are variety of techniques, for opening the Third Eye. For example visualization meditation can be of a great help. It's what helped me see the Spiritual world. As for Astral Projection, why won't you want to explore that world? You have to lose fear of the Spiritual world. It is a wonderful thing to explore the Astral world. Probably, you may love it. One of the things you have to consider, is that nothing will happen to you while in the Astral. And, I leave you with that. Many blessings! And I wish you the best on your Spiritual Journey.

Arcane

Visitor
Reaction score
There are variety of techniques, for opening the Third Eye. For example visualization meditation can be of a great help. It's what helped me see the Spiritual world. As for Astral Projection, why won't you want to explore that world? You have to lose fear of the Spiritual world. It is a wonderful thing to explore the Astral world. Probably, you may love it. One of the things you have to consider, is that nothing will happen to you while in the Astral. And, I leave you with that. Many blessings! And I wish you the best on your Spiritual Journey.
Thanks. I'm in a situation where I think I have a parasite that is somewhere between my crown and throat chakra. When I try to open my third eye I hear a verbally abusive voice that gets louder every time I do. I tried to remove the parasite with a video on Youtube which removes parasites along with commanding it to leave my body using god names such as Odin, Lucifer, etc and it would not leave. If I open my third eye fully I am putting myself at risk of astrally projecting and the parasite taking over my body.

Konsciencia

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Oh shit! That's crazy man? But, one thing that you have to do, is to not show fear to that parasite, and show it Love. For example: meditate with the parasite, and visualize a beam of Light, but you have to put your intention on that Light with Love. If that does not work, call upon The Universe as Jesus. I'll give you an affirmation: say this. "My Ultimate Source, I call you in the name of Jesus, for your aid at stopping, and taking these parasites out of me. Please, help me." Try to say it exactly like that. Once again, don't show fear or else chances are they won't want to leave, and also don't show hate towards them, because they will keep on arguing with you, and get louder. You can do it.... I believe in you. So do that and let me know, how it went. Best wishes!!

Pestifer Mundi

Magic Larper
Reaction score
Awards
There are variety of techniques, for opening the Third Eye. For example visualization meditation can be of a great help. It's what helped me see the Spiritual world. As for Astral Projection
How long did it take?

Is there a shorter method to force your third eye open?

Konsciencia

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
How long did it take?

Is there a shorter method to force your third eye open?
Hey Pestifer Mundi! It really took me, at least few years for me to see the Spiritual world. And of course, there are other easy methods out there, but I really chose the visualization technique, because I Love to visualize, and this technique stood with me ever since I started practicing it. I felt, and still feel fascinated of the things that I see. It is amazing. Best wishes, and many blessings!!

Konsciencia

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
I really don't know which books are out there for opening your Third Eye, but try Beyond Dreaming by Gene Hart. I recommend this guy, because he knows what he's talking about. Best wishes!!

Pestifer Mundi

Magic Larper
Reaction score
Awards
I really don't know which books are out there for opening your Third Eye, but try Beyond Dreaming by Gene Hart. I recommend this guy, because he knows what he's talking about. Best wishes!!
You don't have a PDF for this book, I can't find it anywhere?

Pestifer Mundi

Magic Larper
Reaction score
Awards
No my friend, but if you go to Amazon, you will find it there.
I would half think you are Gene Hart himself :sneaky:

I guess I'll pass for now, there's too many free books available on all this for me to pay for something without verifying its "legit"

TBH I don't really trust content that is "recent", for me I'm its "the older the better", so I try to find as old a book as possible on anything I'm researching, centuries old, this book was published to Amazon on 26th May 2021 lol (this year)

Content being recent doesn't mean it isn't "legit", but 9 times out of 10 its usually just "new age" fluff and the author is trying to build a community and make sales

So I think I'm gonna go with the free stuff that's available by the "late greats" like Madam HP Blavatsky

Actually I have to thank you for even having this conversation, I never would have even found her works if not for, and coincidentally the religion the pioneered and wrote about is very much related to watch I'm researching (sanskrit)

This was a nice coincidence

Pestifer Mundi

Magic Larper
Reaction score
Awards
@Konsciencia
Here's a good one I found that seems to have good ratings even today, it seems its very technical too. (check it out, maybe it will be useful)

The Projection Of The Astral Body by Sylvan Muldoon (Published in 1929)​

FREE DOWNLOAD:
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Reviewer:
- January 16, 2020
Subject: Best Book on Astral Projection I've Ever Read
This book is truly a gem and you won't find a better book on the subject. I'm 64 and read this book back in high school and I've been fascinated with OBEs and the paranormal ever since. Even though it was published in 1929, it stands the test of time. Muldoon's goal is not only to describe his experiences out of the body as accurately as possible, but to teach the reader how to achieve this state for themselves and have direct experiences of the phenomena. I love the PDF version of this book and recommend it. I have more recent publications of the book and the PDF version here exactly matches the more recent publications of the book. Nothing is left out. And the PDF version contains the same illustrations found in the printed book.

Texan GS - Reviewed in the United States on May 31, 2015
This a Must Read for all OBE students and explorers. The kind of book that you can't let go of once you begin reading. The detail explanation and the descriptions are astonishing. I am amazed! It gave me a renewed interest in this discipline and I understood things that I'd given up on. What a fresh breath from a century ago... Thank you, Mr. Muldoon. I am at a loss for words to express my gratitude.

- Reviewed in the United States on June 1, 2013
This book is full of great information about Astral Projection that is presented in a straightforward manner. I have read many books and articles about this subject over the past 10 years. Many are full of scraps of insight that are glued together with abundant amounts of repetition and babble. Mr. Sylvan Muldoon, like many of the great occultists from the early 20th century, has created a work that will refresh the weary, "would-be" traveler by keeping his explanations short and concise. His theory on the astral body being ruled by the subconscious conveys why auto-suggestion is extremely important when attempting separation. He provides the traditional method of maintaining the hypnagogic state via the raised forearm of which Robert Monroe echoes in his own exercises 40 years later. His "Dream True" method is unique to any of the techniques that I have read about in the past. I cannot recommend this book enough for anyone who is attempting the art of Astral Projection

William

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards

The Human Being

Integrity

Source Codes

Have One For Me

Apotheosis

The Third Eye

[207]

Trustworthy

The Fifth Interview

The Butterfly Effect

Neuroplasticity

Opening The Third Eye

[196]
Mapping Wholeness

Source Intelligence

Fear of the Unknown

Something Like That

Astral Projection

Roma

Apostle
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
Many years ago, while travelling through India I became astrally clairvoyant - useful for finding my travelling companion when he got lost on the Indian train system.

But a couple of months later I joined a spiritual community and within a week I had lost my astral clairvoyance and it was a year before I started to develop mental clairvoyance.

At the time I concluded that astral clairvoyance was not permitted by the community gestalt

Brixgh

Neophyte
Reaction score
Awards
If you open your third eye to see spirits for example will you leave your body while you sleep or astrally project accidentally? Is there a way to not do so? Or will it happen regardless of your wishes? I want to be able to see spirits but don't want to astrally project like at all. So yeah.
You may astrally project without fully developing your third eye, these are different things and AP is kinda being aware of your dreams. You do not accidentally project during your dreams; your dreams are already a part of the astral experience but the astral projection is itself by definition based on awareness. So as long as you think about your physical body you would return to it at once. If you fear during your experience you may get help from your guides or angels.

As for parasites try banishing; there is a variety of grounding and banishing methods that will help you. If you are stuck in that idea, try to get help from a professional

Jarhyn

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
I'll be honest here, I have a really hard time actually seeing anything like you would with your waking eyes.

That's not how the void lays itself out for me unless I've sucked down some acid or shrooms, and it's been a minute with that.

The thing is, when you are in the astral space you're not actually outside your body or your mind, usually. Most forays into the void are into the near void, the concepts and images and the thoughts that are easy to access and which have strong "observable existence" that their souls are descriptive of. It is the home of 'the absurd'

Most people spend most of their time in the near void.

Then there's the middle void, where things get weirder. This is more a geography of abstract ideas and twisting stories. It is the home of 'absurdity'.

You want to find faeries and demons and what not? This is where they are.

Then, there's the outer void. It's kind of strange insofar as it's not exactly "out" as in move from this point. In fact the outer void touches everything in both the near void and the middle void, feeding "true" randomness into all of it.

It is where the Contradiction and Nonsense and Nothing unlive, scratching at the walls trying to get in, not to merely Live among The Absurd or to be a Dream of Absurdity but to rip down everything. To be absolute.

Its not bad to spend time in the astral plane though. Eventually you'll just consider it to be "more expansive thinking", because that's all it really is in the end.

Roma

Apostle
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
I have a really hard time actually seeing anything like you would with your waking eyes.
Long ago I had a friend who had reached first stage enlightenment perhaps a decade earlier.

I recall one day he told me that for the first time he could see more clearly with his eyes closed than when they were opened.

So, even though he had reached first stage enlightenment (control of the soul body - higher mental subplanes) he still needed an external intervention to deliver high definition inner sight.

Jarhyn

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
Long ago I had a friend who had reached first stage enlightenment perhaps a decade earlier.

I recall one day he told me that for the first time he could see more clearly with his eyes closed than when they were opened.

So, even though he had reached first stage enlightenment (control of the soul body - higher mental subplanes) he still needed an external intervention to deliver high definition inner sight.
That's the thing, though, I've never leaned on sight that way, not with my eyes. Half the time I am not looking anywhere, I'm just kind of spinning my body forward and am spread out across as much of The Void as I care to be.

Roma

Apostle
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
My friend was involved in inner plane activities where he needed to see what he was doing.

Konsciencia

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
That's the thing, though, I've never leaned on sight that way, not with my eyes. Half the time I am not looking anywhere, I'm just kind of spinning my body forward and am spread out across as much of The Void as I care to be.
You just have to put it into practice, if you can. It takes patience to Open your Third Eye.