• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Opinions on using drops of your blood as offerings?

JGVDRG

Apprentice
Reaction score
I have personally pricked my finger many times in the name of multiple daemons since blood is a very powerful offering. However, it is typically looked down upon by a lot of practitioners because they think it is too dangerous or just plain weird. But the truth is that certain daemons or deities like Lilith, Belial, Lucifer, and Moloch all consider blood to be a powerful offering even if it is just some off of the tip of your finger. (which I recommend)
In some traditions it is believed that human blood is not only an energetic source for magic, but a very strong bonding vehicle between the medium and the entity, so they only offer their own blood if they intend to initiate on a certain mystery. This means, to become a disciple of an entity for the rest of your life. To empower a ritual with blood, they would use animal blood, which I don't see why does it get more shit from practitioners rather than to use your own blood. Even in demonolatry books, it seems like it's uglier to kill an animal than to use your own blood in magic. Seems like self destructive behavior has gained a lot of space, an almost Christian-like pattern of thinking that it's more admirable to sacrifice yourself in duty than to focus on the objective and effectively win.

I don't want to draw my own blood to some Demon like I'm their prey. Because that's what it feels like. I want to empower myself and gain advantage over the limitations of my context. I would invest in their sensations, combining material elements of their correspondence, devotion/respect, numinescence and, if the ritual requires it, animal's blood. Even more potent if you sacrifice it in the middle of the ritual. It seriously grounds any sort of manifestation that may arrive (maybe because the entity dislikes animal violence, right?). Because the animal is my prey in that moment. I'm not the prey of an entity. At least in my experience, Demons are not your buddies. They have interest and so do you. They want to gain more than they give, and so do us. So no blood of mine for entities I've not pledged life-long allegiance to, thank you very much.

Maybe it's my origins in spirituality, but offering own blood seems like a bad move. I want to give them what they thrive on, not "myself". It even seems more appropriate to preserve ones' self and take it from nature in a self centered way of thinking, when it comes to gain favor from demons.

Accipeveldare

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
In some traditions it is believed that human blood is not only an energetic source for magic, but a very strong bonding vehicle between the medium and the entity, so they only offer their own blood if they intend to initiate on a certain mystery. This means, to become a disciple of an entity for the rest of your life. To empower a ritual with blood, they would use animal blood, which I don't see why does it get more shit from practitioners rather than to use your own blood. Even in demonolatry books, it seems like it's uglier to kill an animal than to use your own blood in magic. Seems like self destructive behavior has gained a lot of space, an almost Christian-like pattern of thinking that it's more admirable to sacrifice yourself in duty than to focus on the objective and effectively win.

I don't want to draw my own blood to some Demon like I'm their prey. Because that's what it feels like. I want to empower myself and gain advantage over the limitations of my context. I would invest in their sensations, combining material elements of their correspondence, devotion/respect, numinescence and, if the ritual requires it, animal's blood. Even more potent if you sacrifice it in the middle of the ritual. It seriously grounds any sort of manifestation that may arrive (maybe because the entity dislikes animal violence, right?). Because the animal is my prey in that moment. I'm not the prey of an entity. At least in my experience, Demons are not your buddies. They have interest and so do you. They want to gain more than they give, and so do us. So no blood of mine for entities I've not pledged life-long allegiance to, thank you very much.

Maybe it's my origins in spirituality, but offering own blood seems like a bad move. I want to give them what they thrive on, not "myself". It even seems more appropriate to preserve ones' self and take it from nature in a self centered way of thinking, when it comes to gain favor from demons.
I do agree, animal sacrifice has certainly fallen out of most people's moral compass. I do also believe it is okay as long as you do it as painlessly as possible for the animal in question. But I also believe that only certain demons take human sacrifice as an offering. Such as, moloch, belial, or zagan

JGVDRG

Apprentice
Reaction score
I do agree, animal sacrifice has certainly fallen out of most people's moral compass. I do also believe it is okay as long as you do it as painlessly as possible for the animal in question. But I also believe that only certain demons take human sacrifice as an offering. Such as, moloch, belial, or zagan

I believe it's ok as long as it's respectful and you don't waste absolutely nothing of that animal. Sacrificing an animal in a ritual resembles a tribute to that life that is being extinguished. Way more decent that dying at an endless line in some slaughterhouse.
I've heard about Moloch Cults before, it's rather disturbing. Human sacrifice doesn't make sense to me, it's obviously a disservice IMO.

Accipeveldare

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
I believe it's ok as long as it's respectful and you don't waste absolutely nothing of that animal. Sacrificing an animal in a ritual resembles a tribute to that life that is being extinguished. Way more decent that dying at an endless line in some slaughterhouse.
I've heard about Moloch Cults before, it's rather disturbing. Human sacrifice doesn't make sense to me, it's obviously a disservice IMO.
I work with moloch but I personally will never take part in human sacrifice. The most he's getting from me is the occasional Pidgeon or chicken

Shadows_Whisper

Neophyte
Reaction score
Awards
I have personally pricked my finger many times in the name of multiple daemons since blood is a very powerful offering.
I can say I've done the same quite a few times. But this is a reserved offering for entities I highly respect and have some form of relationship with. For me, I'm giving a part of myself, my lifeline, to them.

Just for the sake of comparison, would offering other people's blood be considered equally devotional or less or more?
I feel like the answer could be subjective with who you're giving the blood to. :D But the level of difficulty required for me to acquire the blood would also affect how "devotional" I'd consider it at some point. But generally, I'd say less devotional. Dedicating a part of yourself means more than dedicating another human unless it's one you highly regard or something.

Morell

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
I work with moloch but I personally will never take part in human sacrifice. The most he's getting from me is the occasional Pidgeon or chicken
Out of curiosity, are you catching wild pigeons, buying them or are you keeping and reproducing them for the purpose?

Drezuli

Apprentice
Reaction score
Just for the sake of comparison, would offering other people's blood be considered equally devotional or less or more?

Only if they suffer but that's not quite necessary nor are most practitioners here ready for that level of offering.

From the teachings of Sorceress Cagliastro, most demons, and even the Dead, are not interested in the blood itself; they are drawn to your intent to bring yourself closer to Death.

Every time you bleed in any way, you are closer to Death.

....And they're also drawn to your suffering because they can't be hurt, so they are curious about your vulnerability and fear of pain and death.
Post automatically merged:

There are more nerves in the fingertips, and I can't have them cut/pricked and wait for them to heal, so what works for me is using sterile exacto knives very lightly and quickly on hairless areas of my body like arms, thighs, and even on my waist and stomach.

Of course never cut a vein...

Shade

Organized Chaos
Benefactor
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
I have personally pricked my finger many times in the name of multiple daemons since blood is a very powerful offering. However, it is typically looked down upon by a lot of practitioners because they think it is too dangerous or just plain weird. But the truth is that certain daemons or deities like Lilith, Belial, Lucifer, and Moloch all consider blood to be a powerful offering even if it is just some off of the tip of your finger. (which I recommend)
I personally don’t practice any type of blood offerings anymore but, to each their own. I just don’t see it as necessary but for those who are intent on doing it, I don’t look down upon them. Then again I don’t worship anyone in particular anymore, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

Fausto

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
I personally don’t practice any type of blood offerings anymore but, to each their own. I just don’t see it as necessary but for those who are intent on doing it, I don’t look down upon them. Then again I don’t worship anyone in particular anymore, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.
It depends on the needs, but, certain rites need blood offering, If you want a stronger link, blood is the Key.

Shade

Organized Chaos
Benefactor
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
It depends on the needs, but, certain rites need blood offering, If you want a stronger link, blood is the Key.
Certain rites and even charging of sigils sure but as offerings? I think a deity would be more pleased by the effort you put into getting the offering. I’d tend to think they’d appreciate a blood offering but see it as more of a convenience thing despite the energy it offers, it’d be imo, better to build up to that point and get the harder to obtain offerings they like as a show of dedication.
I could be 100% wrong it’s just how I view it from my current pov, which is always subject to change.

Fausto

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
You are not wrong, however the blood contains certain elements wich are very important for the sucess. When you use the blood offering, you can access deeper levels in astral.

Shade

Organized Chaos
Benefactor
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
Makes sense as a quick way to get the attention of something in the astral realm I suppose. 🤷‍♂️

Saint

I / Me / Myself
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
Makes sense as a quick way to get the attention of something in the astral realm I suppose. 🤷‍♂️

"to get the attention of something" ― I think this is not about "getting the attention" of "something" out there. I think those who use or/and offer blood, knows already who they are reaching out to and what are their personal intent. It is usually not to seek attention - they likely got that already -, but to show their devotion to the matter, to give a valuable return to the entity who is willing to work with them, to pay a proper respect or to appease the entity.

Blood is charged with powerful energies, as it is practically a life essence that contains the very "programming" of your physical existence - therefore, it also forms a link between your body you possess momentarily and the entity to which you offer your blood -. It is a fuel, not only for your flesh and bone shell that makes it possible for you to function on the material world as you are, but for multiple practices both energetically, spiritually and even physically.

As a potent fuel, it can empower your spells, your rituals, the desired object you wish to charge etc. however, we all have our principles when things comes to blood offerings.
Some people make blood offerings to almost every entity they're working with, because for them, this feels just right. Because this is the way how they pay their respect and gratitude with such an indeed precious gift. While others - like me -, only use blood offerings if the entity in question has a close bond with them and if they already have a lot of experience, time spent, and trust built up.

It doesn't mean that these people are not willing to use blood for work, but as an offering it has a different purpose.

However, I'm quite squeamish when things comes to blood extraction.
Pricking my finger? Hell no. I prefer cuts. Take it or leave it.