- Joined
- Jan 12, 2026
- Messages
- 35
- Reaction score
- 23
Looking for opinions on Oscar Tusk's Necromancy and his other book
I'm trying to learn more about Oscar Tusk's books, particularly Necromancy and his other work, but have found little serious discussion of them. For anyone who has read or worked with Tusk:
I'm especially interested in firsthand accounts from people who have actually practiced the material, rather than general judgments about the author. I'm familiar with The Book of Oberon and other established grimoire and necromancy literature, so I'd like to know whether Tusk offers anything genuinely different or useful. Any detailed positive or negative experiences would be greatly appreciated.
I'm trying to learn more about Oscar Tusk's books, particularly Necromancy and his other work, but have found little serious discussion of them. For anyone who has read or worked with Tusk:
- What did you think of Necromancy?
- Is it mainly theoretical, or does it include substantial practical ritual work?
- How would you describe his approach, and are the techniques useful for developing communication with the dead?
- How original is the material compared with established Western magical traditions?
- Is it worth working through rather than simply reading?
- What about his other book, and how does it compare with Necromancy?
- If you've worked with both, which would you keep if you could choose only one?
I'm especially interested in firsthand accounts from people who have actually practiced the material, rather than general judgments about the author. I'm familiar with The Book of Oberon and other established grimoire and necromancy literature, so I'd like to know whether Tusk offers anything genuinely different or useful. Any detailed positive or negative experiences would be greatly appreciated.