• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Personality Type (Myers-Briggs)

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Just wondering if any of you know your Myers-Briggs Type Indicator?

If you don't, please don't use a bullshit facebook quiz. If you're going to do an online test, do this one:
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
it's the most thorough, detailed, and accurate one I've found yet.

Here is mine:
38afz8w.png

Get yours:

SkullTraill

Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Fairly accurate, although I would argue I can be assertive.

Yeah with any online test it can't be 100% accurate.

As for the assertive thing, here's the description I get:
Assertive individuals are self-assured, even-tempered and resistant to stress. They refuse to worry too much and do not push themselves too hard when it comes to achieving goals
So I don't think it's about being assertive to other people as such.

Telafiel

ᶜᵒᵍⁿⁱᵗⁱᵛᵉ ᵇᵉʰᵃᵛⁱᵒʳᵃˡ ᶜʳʸᵒᵗʰᵉʳᵃᵖʸ
Reaction score
Awards
I've did the test in every year, and I usually commute between INTP-A / INTP-T and INTJ-A. At the begginning (between age 12-18), INTJ-A wasn't really a thing, but in the last years it seemingly "stagnant".
Epitesz.png

Also, sorry for the language, it is basically the same page but in my mother language. I wanted to make sure that my messy brain won't play tricks on me while completing the test.​

Scottish_Pride

Meme-y Tree Nymph
Reaction score
Awards
I have taken the Meyers-Briggs test three different times in my life- Once in early high school, once in late high school and once in freshman year of college. I literally got a different result each time. INFP the first time, another type that I completely forget for the second time, and INTJ in college.

In my college psych class, they actually told us that some personality tests such as the Meyers-Briggs are being questioned a LOT by legit researchers. So far the academic field is pointing towards a new and possibly more accurate personality metric, called the "Big Five". Instead of putting people in types or groups, it uses more of a scale approach for the different qualities, giving a score for how much you are of each. And they claim that this can help explain a person's general tendencies, in different scenarios, but that it's a lot more fluid than set archetypes.

Telafiel

Reaction score
Awards
I have taken the Meyers-Briggs test three different times in my life- Once in early high school, once in late high school and once in freshman year of college. I literally got a different result each time. INFP the first time, another type that I completely forget for the second time, and INTJ in college.

In my college psych class, they actually told us that some personality tests such as the Meyers-Briggs are being questioned a LOT by legit researchers. So far the academic field is pointing towards a new and possibly more accurate personality metric, called the "Big Five". Instead of putting people in types or groups, it uses more of a scale approach for the different qualities, giving a score for how much you are of each. And they claim that this can help explain a person's general tendencies, in different scenarios, but that it's a lot more fluid than set archetypes.
I'd say that creating the "perfect" personality test is very-very difficult task if not "impossible". Our current mental state, mindset, emotional "setting" is something which can change based on a very large scale, and this is the reason why our MBTI result can also be different during the times; Our job, people who surround us, with what we are spending our times, mass of happy and sad moments, traumas, the emotional state we have; these are all can make you to pick the answers differently than you did long ago - with full honesty. You adapt some way or another to your life situation and it'll be indicated on the test.
Our personality and how we work in mind and heart is more difficult than what you can simply "calculate" with a test and these thest will lightly "indicate" these small changes regardless. We can clearly see how different periods of our life made us to wear different "masks" and for this, we need an impact. However, the more test we complete during different times the more details we actually get about what is hiding inside.

Actually, I wouldn't say that "humans are changing". I believe that when we born, we already have every kind of habits, capabilities, traits programmed in us, just like a well-selected "starter pack, which our soul decided to bring into this life, for our current incarnation (should I say we are "
"?
). Any of them can be empowered or pushed back behind the veil. What happening around us, how we approach different things, or how we getting approached then reacting in different situations is depending on our own decisions and reasons why we make a decision as we do, using the traits we already have on the great (a VERY great) palette; we have much more power over our life than what many people would think, but not every people are aware of this, or handle this power wisely, with will and well (some actually reject this which is the most saddest thing of all).

My first reaction when I saw that my test was kinda different from the last one, was like: "Okay, so it looks like that I am also capable for an act like this, and feel like this." - and it is perfectly fine. We are much more difficult than what we probably think (but who knows, we are living in 2022, where who wouldn't like to find out that they are a Deer or an Apache Helicopter and not getting surprised by it at all?).
We can act differently in the same scenario now, 5 years later, and probably would act different 5 years before; so even playing with the scenarios probably won't fix the main issue with tests, but for sure, I never heard that anyone would mention any test which will be 100% accurate and nobody claimed it here neither, so there would be no point in arguing over it, for sure.

Regardless, I'm very curious about the new test what they are working on, and see how it'll look like. I also like the 5 Love Language tests (and actually would suggest to you all and for your relatives, friends, partners!), because these are also pretty accurate based on my experiences and how I see people talking about that. These are also can change, but these can actually help a lot to make sure that the way you try to deliver your love, will be understandable and the right love language for your beloved one. But this would be a totally off-topic so I'm stopping here.

Last edited:

SkullTraill

Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Damn everyone here is an Introvert! Where my extrovert gang at? 😂

Telafiel

Reaction score
Awards
Damn everyone here is an Introvert! Where my extrovert gang at? 😂
So this is the moment when you realize that you ended up in an introvert hidey-hole, haha. I can call my shadow side if you need an extrovert company, she is quite a social bwitch. but I take no responsibility for burned down hearts, cities, inappropiate humor and half consumed energy drinks (which presumably the worst of them alll).

Reaction score
Awards
Just wondering if any of you know your Myers-Briggs Type Indicator?

If you don't, please don't use a bullshit facebook quiz. If you're going to do an online test, do this one:
it's the most thorough, detailed, and accurate one I've found yet.

Here is mine:
38afz8w.png

Get yours:
Logician
INTP-T

Ancient

Zealot
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
Architect
INTJ-A

Think this is the third time in my life I’ve done this over the last 12 years. Went from Architect to Mastermind and apparently back again. Seeing a much higher percentage of these personality types here than in everyday life.

Reaction score
Awards
INTJ

I’ve taken online several times over the years and had three jobs where they hired people to come in and administer the test. Always INTJ (I think once online I got INTP). And I’ve taken 2 similar-ish system tests through work and always came up with their closest result to INTJ.

*most extrovert thing I’ve ever done is to marry an extreme extrovert 😅

-Eld

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Who needs a personality test? Just get married. Your personality will be painstakingly assessed daily.