• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Pets Are NOT Your Familiar

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
How can you for example sense energy from a photo? It is dead, it is an impression of energy.
A photo is a portal to a past time period. Step through the portal into the scene

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
It is easier to herd cats than to work with other people.
That can be so. It often takes several incarnations to develop mature relationships.

And there is the question as to which side of the relationship is the more difficult.

Some like to take absolute positions. For myself, I am at full stretch understanding how this local universe works so I try always to take a relative position - stating observations in their local context.

No doubt I need to try harder

The God-King

The Mystical Rebel
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Nah, it just shows that I don't give a shit about what a bunch of NPCs think on an internet forum. You can suck a dick faggot.
Found the member who won't be here for long. Funny how people say things like they don't care yet proceed to respond. If you truly didn't care you would ignore us all and move on with your cute little pet familiar. But here you are, so you DO care. But it doesn't matter, I don't think you'll last long around here. I see a ban hammer in your future. Good luck with your pet familiar! Woof woof! 🐕🐶

Calicifer

Neophyte
Reaction score
Awards
Ownchef,

This is where I always had a fundamental difference with other practitioners and one which always had alienated me from a community as a whole. Or rather, prevented me from engaging with the community and wanting to practice occult more seriously in my life. I do view occult inherently through scientific lenses as I perceive that the ultimate achievement is reproducibility of desired goals and effective tutoring of accumulated experience. To me, owning said power is the most important thing. The strongest and most consistent desire for me was to own that magical power. For it to be an inherent part of me. My motivation was not to do anything with it, but rather to understand it and to claim it for myself.

Practically everything you had said is complete opposite for me. Even the part about high morality developing through the journey. To me, my youth was an age of disappointment in everything and I developed this harshness, old age cruelty around me. I even started to view world through religious lens which had stemmed from the occult. I grew to dislike word ''art'' due to associations with modern art as it is everything I despise. Though, I do understand what it is meant by it.

Did I succeeded while being wrong, as you had put it? Answer is nuanced, in some areas I experienced immense success, but in others it is like bashing your head against the wall. One of those areas are communication with spirits as I had never been able to interact with them directly. I go directly to names like Lucifer, Lilith, Hecate.. I met others such names too, once on their own initiative, other time by accident. Their respond in usually a very deliberate dream which seems like an answer to what I was pestering them that night for. Sometimes those dreams come a lot later and several times with very deliberate timings like right on Christmas eve. Sometimes it is a possession. Other times it is synchronicity which are too unusual to appear naturally on their own. The only time when I felt someone was talking to me was to trick me. It tried to convince me to be rational and stop imagining things which do not exist. One single sentence, made after entire morning of something trying to get in and I holding it back through shields which I fantasized that I created long time ago.

This is something which bothered me, because while I felt spirits, some even more 'evil ones' wanted to pester me and told my friend that it will come to me (he was dealing with it for many years himself). I only managed to scare it away when it approached and it never came back. The only consistent spirit which I met was one which I made thread about. Due to my poor sleeping habits, I noticed a spirit walking, whispering and then leaving in a middle of a night for no apparent reason. Ironically, it came about a time when I had purchased my own apartment and was moving out within a week to a new place. However, there was never anything remotely close to what people are describing. If there is an interaction, it is usually very deliberate and professional from their side. They seemingly try to avoid saying anything to me. When they say anything, most of the time it is done through primal emotions which carry one or other meaning. They never linger nor come to me on their own.

I wrote second half of it in hopes that maybe someone will have useful insights. Something which would stem from an experience rather than assumptions. Spirits with me interact in completely different way. Never personal or close, but often very involved and powerful. I simply do not have any idea why my experiences are so radically different from what all the other people are describing them to be.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
In my experience the range of spirit experiences is determined largely by:

• the planes on which the human player is conscious
  • past and present relationships with the spirits
  • planetary/group/personal karma
  • origin/purpose of the spirit that has incarnated as the human player
  • solar systemic Intent
  • current status of the local "war in the heavens"

There is much to observe and test before there is clarity about a particular human's situation

Öwnchef

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Ownchef,

This is where I always had a fundamental difference with other practitioners and one which always had alienated me from a community as a whole. Or rather, prevented me from engaging with the community and wanting to practice occult more seriously in my life. I do view occult inherently through scientific lenses as I perceive that the ultimate achievement is reproducibility of desired goals and effective tutoring of accumulated experience. To me, owning said power is the most important thing. The strongest and most consistent desire for me was to own that magical power. For it to be an inherent part of me. My motivation was not to do anything with it, but rather to understand it and to claim it for myself.

Practically everything you had said is complete opposite for me. Even the part about high morality developing through the journey. To me, my youth was an age of disappointment in everything and I developed this harshness, old age cruelty around me. I even started to view world through religious lens which had stemmed from the occult. I grew to dislike word ''art'' due to associations with modern art as it is everything I despise. Though, I do understand what it is meant by it.

Did I succeeded while being wrong, as you had put it? Answer is nuanced, in some areas I experienced immense success, but in others it is like bashing your head against the wall. One of those areas are communication with spirits as I had never been able to interact with them directly. I go directly to names like Lucifer, Lilith, Hecate.. I met others such names too, once on their own initiative, other time by accident. Their respond in usually a very deliberate dream which seems like an answer to what I was pestering them that night for. Sometimes those dreams come a lot later and several times with very deliberate timings like right on Christmas eve. Sometimes it is a possession. Other times it is synchronicity which are too unusual to appear naturally on their own. The only time when I felt someone was talking to me was to trick me. It tried to convince me to be rational and stop imagining things which do not exist. One single sentence, made after entire morning of something trying to get in and I holding it back through shields which I fantasized that I created long time ago.

This is something which bothered me, because while I felt spirits, some even more 'evil ones' wanted to pester me and told my friend that it will come to me (he was dealing with it for many years himself). I only managed to scare it away when it approached and it never came back. The only consistent spirit which I met was one which I made thread about. Due to my poor sleeping habits, I noticed a spirit walking, whispering and then leaving in a middle of a night for no apparent reason. Ironically, it came about a time when I had purchased my own apartment and was moving out within a week to a new place. However, there was never anything remotely close to what people are describing. If there is an interaction, it is usually very deliberate and professional from their side. They seemingly try to avoid saying anything to me. When they say anything, most of the time it is done through primal emotions which carry one or other meaning. They never linger nor come to me on their own.

I wrote second half of it in hopes that maybe someone will have useful insights. Something which would stem from an experience rather than assumptions. Spirits with me interact in completely different way. Never personal or close, but often very involved and powerful. I simply do not have any idea why my experiences are so radically different from what all the other people are describing them to be.
Calcifer

with magic everything will come down to your character and your personality. The probability of different experiences is thus very high. Mind you the people you read from, essays or poems, or see drawings made by them, they have that one in common, they are artists. Of course not all are. By far not.
And even them are in struggle. They do not show it, but they are. Not seldom that they take their own lives in the progress. In writing this is concidered a taboo.
I myself do not enjoy writing about it. But I failed a lot. Suffered from paranoia, happyphrenia (I coined that term to survive that period), selfdoubt, batshit (not my invention), loss and, damn it, age. I was blind for a whole year as a child, left alone. There is no end to this pathetic list.
All this time I was part of a spiritual system that I did not understand. Now I do. But was it worth it? Simply said, I never had a choice. I was helpless and nobody cared. So I had to do it - or give up on myself. Which will never happen.

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Hi cal💖, good to see you back. A big brother is always good to have. 😘
Remember the drawing you made for me and do you see all the people journaling here on wf? Thats magick to me.

And for the rest im still me, moving strange...

Calicifer

Neophyte
Reaction score
Awards
Taking things at face value is something which I had fallen victim to in the past. I do read what other people are saying and naturally I expect them to be by what they show me. Neither I understood that everyone is suffering in one form or another. There is that something fundamental about me. When I see into a person, I see all that he could be, the potential in them. I look at shunned people in this forum, I see idealism that young people have. I see desire to raise to great heights and thus expecting unreasonable things and I find something which resonates in me.

However, when I reach out to people, when I see them how they develop, they almost always end up a disappointment to me. There is something in me which makes me to despise weakness. As I imagine having to depend on people to which I cannot look up to. When I imagine having to be the one which supports and guides the others. To me, things in life are crystal clear by comparison and it infuriates me when others are making mistakes in their lives. It seems that everyone is struggling with their own challenges and it might take their whole lives if not more for them to become someone they always wanted themselves to be.

This same attitude is reflected in myself. I despised anything bad about myself and did not even acknowledged it to be an issue. I would even actively hide it even if it would had been beneficial to me.
I had put it in a spoiler as it is a lot to read just for one example. Everything that was wrong with me, I would seek to turn it into my strengths. Even at such silly things as allergies, in my youth I refused to take any medicine to it. I was born. I was made in God's image. I was not corrupted by man's pollution as far as I could see. I was supposed to be perfect! Thus, my allergy is a curse which I was granted to master. This what my thought process was really about. I never drank medicine for it and would just throw it away as I see something unnatural and unnecessary. Even if I it gets so violent that sneezing causes my bones to hurt and my sinuses to close up. Over time, I managed to gain control over this. I bended reality to how I saw things and could sooth my body over time in calming down. I almost never have an allergy anymore, only when I'm more than a few days at my parents house. It starts after a day or two and is extremely violent for a day and then it starts calming down. I was allergic to quite a few things like flowers and pollen. I had learned not to be allergic anymore. Initially I suppressed it with my will. Over time, I did not even notice that I'm clinically allergic to all of this as there would be no symptoms. However, there is one exception. When I'm really stressed out, when my body is really exhausted. Combination of these things does result in my allergies coming back with a force out of nowhere.

I want to share one thing how I experienced it. Magick, it is like a drug which I'm not sure if there is a better one. When you finally experience it, it is something which somehow changes how you view at the world. When you turn away from it, sometimes it feels like it is constantly calling me back. Scratching at the windows of my soul. Like a force of nature, a vortex trying to pull me back into thick of it. While I was in the thick of it, for me it was never enough. I never felt satisfied as I felt that it is impossible to have too much. I wanted stronger and stronger manifestations. For that other world come to me and for me to come to them. I felt peculiar energy which would just linger. I felt that this energy required a lot of my will to control as it could had easily caused me harm. Self-doubt, self-hatred, lack of will, depression could cause it to act in a counterproductive way. Or that by it simply being there, it could unconsciously affect everyone around me.
It is always here, a thought, a desire for a change. One which I always come back to when a need arises. While I made my mind to move away from it, it seems that I won't be able. As my Christian friend once wrote me, I have to denounce it completely from my life and not to dabble in such things. He put what remained of our friendship on this and I did not chose him. I guess, I should not be surprised when his religious rants proved to be true in the end.

Btw: It is nice to see old members back.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
The strongest and most consistent desire for me was to own that magical power.

There may be even more profound desires than power. For example, it may be that the last test/requirement for first stage enlightenment is committing oneself to 'the oneness of all"

Nicolas Flamel

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
It has always bothered me when people use the term familiar incorrectly. I see it all over the magickal community. Unless a spirit is taking residence inside your pet it is not a familiar.

Plus if you really loved your pet would you allow them to be possessed?

Familiars live in objects if they need a home.

Scottish_Pride

Meme-y Tree Nymph
Reaction score
Awards
The cat I currently have was a scrawny ass black stray I adopted from outside, who literally followed me home because I had food. And unlike every cat I’ve ever lived with previously, he was attached to specifically me and not someone else in the house. Cats generally don’t care for me much, but this asshole does.

Is it some cosmic bond between familiar and magician? Naw man. It’s because I gave him food. Now this chubby house-panther stares at me from across the room every night, occasionally allowing the privilege of belly rubs. But only two. Three or more, and I shall swiftly be mutilated for my crime.