• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Pets Are NOT Your Familiar

hungry_ghost

Internet Forum NPC
Reaction score
Awards
You literally told us you have already made up your mind, there is no point in providing you a source, especially as OP has provided many manuscripts you could use as a starting source.
As I said a few sources don't speak for the whole. You know this is correct. You're the one whose being narrow minded here.
I was not implying anything. My practice took off once I aligned myself with the way things work in the spirit world.

Good for you.

But if you'd like my appraisal:

You are too immature to be practicing magic. You are easily moved by your emotions, and that is likely why the gates are closed you. You whine that reality isn't working the way you want it to, but refuse to accept that you would be better served with correct knowledge.
Nice Gaslighting... So that's how it's going to be. You can't see you're faults so you're going to get abusive.

Furthermore, you don't know me therefore you can't comment on my mental state, my well-being or how I'm doing in life. In fact, I'm doing fantastic and it's because I'm doing things my own way. If you keep up with my posts, you'd know that.

I will not be replying to you any further, you have nothing relevant to say. You may reply to me all you wish, but this is the last time I will interact with you.
Good and I could say the same about someone who leans heavily into gaslighting when they're wrong. Good luck in life because you're going to need it with that shitty attitude.

Noth

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
This could be a good way to engage OP.

@The God-King do you have a familiar spirit? If so, and if it's not to personal, can you share with us the method you used to acquire the familiar?

I do not have one, but I know a few practitioners who have aquired one.

hungry_ghost

Internet Forum NPC
Reaction score
Awards
centuries (or millennia) of established witchcraft tradition.
I'm still waiting to hear about this tradition? It sounds like bullshit to me. You know, the kind of bullshit you read in those grimoires published by places like BALG, IXAXAAR, Nephilim Press and Aeon Sophia Press. The whole I'm the only one with centuries old information and you can have it to if you buy my book kind of stuff. That shit is laughable. GTFO with that.

And Godking isn't going to change my mind with a tutorial. Creating thoughtforms, evoking spirits and asking them for assistance is entry level stuff once you understand the basics. I made some good points. A few sources don't speak for the whole when we're talking about magick. When you start thinking like that and push it on others, it's gatekeeping and it's also putting yourself in a position of authority over others because youre arguing from a point of authority. I don't answer to you, him or anyone for that matter. I have my own ideas about things and my own experiences. Those ideas and experiences are my truth. I'm not talking about your truth or his truth. The only point I'm arguing is gatekeeping is wrong and when applied to this discussion we're talking about UPG. My UPG is different than yours or his. That doesn't mean I'm wrong. If we're supposed to have open minds, learn and grow then you have to understand there's no room for that when everyone has their mind made up. When you have your mind made up and you start gatekeeping others on an open forum that's called being a fucking nazi.

I only stated my mind was made up because I'm not going to take someone serious when they start off a topic with gatekeeping. Also, I'm not going to get lectured by someone whose gaslighting me. It's ridiculous to think I should be a doormat in that situation and I won't stand for it.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Who can devise an experiment to test the topic?

Options might include testing pets for (sometimes) overlighting or possessing spirits

Noth

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards

Options might include testing pets for (sometimes) overlighting or possessing spirits
Cats would have to be ruled out, they are devils after all and can not be trusted to give an honest answer. 😁

I believe those who have completed operations like the Toad Bone ritual or the PMG's supernatural assistant may truly be the only ones qualified to answer with a full account.

Reaction score
Awards

Sir, I cannot at this point for this on myself let alone a pet.
Trying to sense energy from a stone is an entirely different matter.
However, annointing a pet and saying psalms 91 over them might help (if you're a Christian).

Calicifer

Neophyte
Reaction score
Awards
This thread reminds me of an old WF where trolling was commonplace. Original post however is so obvious that there is nothing to disagree with. However, audience he targets with his post ironically is incapable of learning. So, try shouting at the sea shore harder next time.

The problem for me with familiars or any concept in the occult is having a distinct separation between your own perception and an objective thing. Lets say, you have a practice where you need to sense the energy of a stone. However, how do I know if I really sense the energy what is in there or I can trick myself into feeling said energy? Or in a same manner, what is the point of those rituals if benefits are not tangible and persistent? Same thing with the familiars. How do you know that summoning familiar had worked? It should give you a sign? A cat who loves to hang out during your meditation can be that sign which you can accept just as legitimate regardless if it was a coincidence or animal possession. By the same extension, what prevents someone from saying that their familiar is often possessing their animal?

In a same manner I had noticed that delusion is common in magick world. One of the first things which I have done is a ritual to open my third eye. I spent months doing meditation, dozens of hours were spent sitting and trying to replicate awesome results which others were saying. However, with time I had realized that people are only imagining these things in their mind and they do not manifest in this way. While I myself missed subtle things like cracking noise coming from my brains. There was never any change which I saw, only a subtle feeling during meditation. After year or two when I was in a spirit world, I did experienced what it is like to have third eye as I casually opened it. With no thought, with no special consideration. It was as natural as to see through your own two eyes, but this one however did not cared for physical things in front of you. It goes through great distance, seeing only blackness with souls and minds glowing and taking shape on their own. It goes past obstructions which might hide things from you and allows to instantly see other presences in their purest form. This raises a question for me if a ritual was even necessary in a first place or if it is something inherent in me.

I assume that familiars like with my other examples suffer from a same issue. People have no clue what they are doing and they just imagine stuff. If video footage found on youtube and other sites how they perform their rituals is anything to go by, it is obvious that they cannot do anything willingly, only by accident. Other than that, there is not much to add to an original post. People will believe whatever they want and then eventually they will start wondering why they are not getting results they seek. Their conclusion will be about anything, but themselves. For me it is even ironic how everything is easy for the people when it should be the opposite.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
how do I know if I really sense the energy what is in there or I can trick myself into feeling said energy?
It is usual in science to have peer review. In the context of sensing energies, do it with a friend and compare impressions

As you friend gets more skillful, the comparisons become more valuable

Calicifer

Neophyte
Reaction score
Awards
It is easier to herd cats than to work with other people. There are so many things which can and will go wrong. To me, having someone constructive is the fate given boon. Going from something simple like playing video games every once in a while with your friends. It will be eroded by their poor time management skills and lack of will. Or we can go to more advanced issues. I had a partner as Roma suggested. He was very helpful for me. However, his energy was very negative which isolated him and eroded all what was around him. I have to be like a parent to them. I have to work to preserve these relationships from disappearing and the reason for that are always trivial. It feels like fighting force of nature. Inherent erosion of anything worthwhile in life to its basest, simplest and ugliest form. Then there are other issues coming from co-operating remotely. It is fine for some things, but not the others. How can you for example sense energy from a photo? It is dead, it is an impression of energy. I need him to be my side when I go through nature and see if he senses groves and sacred trees as I do or it is just all in my head. Though, in the end it does not matter as such things seemingly are behind me now.

As for an objective, this field always struck me as aimless. A practitioner is enriched by experiences. He becomes wise and knowledgeable. He might write a book telling others his experiences. However, I never felt that it is cumulative, that each generation adds upon the mastery of an art. It was and will remain in the same level, people doing the same things. Each new generation going through the cycle, making same mistakes, doing same rituals and achieving nothing tangible. Magic as such seems like a dream which quickly fades and dissipates from our grasp the moment it appears. It should be different as each passing generation becomes more than previous one. As it is now, it feels like we are nothing special in grand scheme of things. Like animals in a spiritual world, we are who we are and we cannot raise above our natures to be something greater. Always stuck where we are, doing what we always were doing.

Sometimes it almost feels like you have to be the dragon, an evil influence as seen by others if you want to push people and nations into being something greater than the sum of its parts.

Öwnchef

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
> As for an objective, this field always struck me as aimless.

You happened to have used that aimless term. You don't have to. Magic is subjective. Not science, not religion, but an art.
Involved in a non-linear development where everything happens at once. Phylogenesis and Ontogenesis become one in that subjective magical dreamstate. We can share it. That is important. Not arbitrary at all.

Magic is not religion or science. It is an art. It becomes an art, when well done. And to the surprise of most practicioners it develops its very own high morality at this stage.

Magic Dragons are not evil. They are subtle maybe. Or easy to anger. But you know that already.

Reaction score
Awards
It is usual in science to have peer review. In the context of sensing energies, do it with a friend and compare impressions

As you friend gets more skillful, the comparisons become more valuable
In Stephen Hayes Ninja volumes, an ESP sensing Exercise appeared in virtually every one of the volumes. It always involved a partner, usually Rumiko and Stephen.

Reaction score
Awards
This thread reminds me of an old WF where trolling was commonplace. Original post however is so obvious that there is nothing to disagree with. However, audience he targets with his post ironically is incapable of learning. So, try shouting at the sea shore harder next time.

The problem for me with familiars or any concept in the occult is having a distinct separation between your own perception and an objective thing. Lets say, you have a practice where you need to sense the energy of a stone. However, how do I know if I really sense the energy what is in there or I can trick myself into feeling said energy? Or in a same manner, what is the point of those rituals if benefits are not tangible and persistent? Same thing with the familiars. How do you know that summoning familiar had worked? It should give you a sign? A cat who loves to hang out during your meditation can be that sign which you can accept just as legitimate regardless if it was a coincidence or animal possession. By the same extension, what prevents someone from saying that their familiar is often possessing their animal?

In a same manner I had noticed that delusion is common in magick world. One of the first things which I have done is a ritual to open my third eye. I spent months doing meditation, dozens of hours were spent sitting and trying to replicate awesome results which others were saying. However, with time I had realized that people are only imagining these things in their mind and they do not manifest in this way. While I myself missed subtle things like cracking noise coming from my brains. There was never any change which I saw, only a subtle feeling during meditation. After year or two when I was in a spirit world, I did experienced what it is like to have third eye as I casually opened it. With no thought, with no special consideration. It was as natural as to see through your own two eyes, but this one however did not cared for physical things in front of you. It goes through great distance, seeing only blackness with souls and minds glowing and taking shape on their own. It goes past obstructions which might hide things from you and allows to instantly see other presences in their purest form. This raises a question for me if a ritual was even necessary in a first place or if it is something inherent in me.

I assume that familiars like with my other examples suffer from a same issue. People have no clue what they are doing and they just imagine stuff. If video footage found on youtube and other sites how they perform their rituals is anything to go by, it is obvious that they cannot do anything willingly, only by accident. Other than that, there is not much to add to an original post. People will believe whatever they want and then eventually they will start wondering why they are not getting results they seek. Their conclusion will be about anything, but themselves. For me it is even ironic how everything is easy for the people when it should be the opposite.
On sensing vs being tricked....

I do this with stones 8 find that are severely traumatized per Roma, so I try to sense energy, then send and receive until it equalizes.

Sometimes there is no energy in a chipped stone, as if the spirit of it has left

The God-King

The Mystical Rebel
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
It seemed to me that the entity possessing the second cat was a familiar for another entity that objected to the intelligence that was using my stray.

No humans seemed to be involved. Can non-human entities operate familiars?
Indeed. It's non human entities that give familiars to us so they would have to be able to operate them.

The God-King

The Mystical Rebel
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Nice gatekeeping! You sound like one of those laveyans who shill about how there's only one true satanism. Just because you read something in some medieval manuscript it doesn't mean it's right. Just because Bardon or whoever says something it doesn't mean they're right or fully understood the context of something mentioned in one of those ancient books. Lol
Sorry you feel that way but you must not have read my entire post. I cited several sources from different occult systems and traditions so how is that in any way the same thing as claiming there is only one Santanism? I'm not saying "my way is the only way". I'm saying your pet isn't your familiar and many vetted and reputable public occultists agree.

And you're right, just because Bardon says something doesn't mean it's right. But when Bardon and Skinner and Artisson and McCarthy and Tyson and Leitch (as examples) etc etc all agree on a thing, AND your own work with familiar spirits bring the same results, I think it's safe to say it's more truth than fiction.

The God-King

The Mystical Rebel
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
I have a cat who is my pet and not a familiar. She is 18 years old. So she is not as active as in the past.
Not sure why someone would use their pet as a familiar.
Neither do I. Why the hell would a spiritual being want to be subject to being a pet. The life of a pet is subject to the whims of their owners. Why would a powerful being want that "life"? Fed, walked, exercise, vet visits, etc etc all at the whims of the owner.

The God-King

The Mystical Rebel
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
I don't see why an animal can't be a familiar spirit. I mean I'm talking to people who believe in shit like possession and mind control. So it's not out of the realm of possibility and it's entirely up to the individual to define what is or isn't a familiar. And it ain't sum baby witch shit either. People have been referring to animals as familiars since they formed bonds with them. Just because a few kike authors say it ain't so it doesn't mean they're right.
Keep the racism out of it, that's unnecessary and shows more about your level of intelligence than anything else.

As for animals as familiars; spirits have come in the form of animals in the astral and acted as familiars (totem animals, power animals, etc) but familiars coming in the form of animals in the physicals is almost always a temporary thing. A raven appears to a witch doing malefic work deep in the woods and assists. Once the work is done the raven goes away. It does not go home with the witch.

Bracing for the incoming racism

The God-King

The Mystical Rebel
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
This could be a good way to engage OP.

@The God-King do you have a familiar spirit? If so, and if it's not to personal, can you share with us the method you used to acquire the familiar?

I do not have one, but I know a few practitioners who have aquired one.
I have worked with familiars in the past but they were always temporary assistants. Once I learned what I needed to learn or completed my initiation(s) into whatever or finished the series of workings that I needed guidance on, etc etc they went away. Familiars aren't omnipotent Gods that can do anything and everything. They tend to help with what they can and move on to make room for the spirits that can help you with the next thing.