• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Pole Reversal, happening right now

byte007

Apprentice
Reaction score
Even the lower limit quoted was a 1000 years, so the gradual drift that we observe (as @RoccoR showed) means that it's going to take a while. Also, having a PhD does not guarantee that the person isn't talking rubbish :) I subscribe to New Scientist, and some of the articles in there are so ludicrous, they raise my eyebrows right round the back of my head.
Post automatically merged:

...which reminds me of one of my favourite (off-topic) jokes that I got off RuPaul's Drag Race:
"I told her she'd drawn her eyebrows too high and she looked surprised"
Humorous indeed, Witty!

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
It is an incredibly rare occurence and we are lucky to live through it. The last pole reversal happened 773.000 years ago and the effects it will have on us are debatable. We have reached the threshhold of a 40 degree shift this week which means the poles are moving rapidly from now on, change is imminent! Some speculate it will result in global catastrophe akin to great floods and natural disaster, others think it is the beginning of a new age. I am quite unsure of what happens next and what precautions to take. Pole reversals have happened hundreds of times before and are scientific fact but none of us have lived through it yet, its very exciting to think of what happens next.
If there come great floods and disasters, believe me that will indeed be a new age. Not necessarily one bad, given what our pestilential species is doing apace anyway.

Djnenas

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
I just had to stop what i was doing to come here and post this. Last night i had a kind of strange dream:unsure:. Lots of stuff happening. But when i woke up and looked at my phone, i saw there was a reply here on this Pole Reversal thread and that brought to mind one of the things i saw in my dream last night which was precisely about the Poles!!!o_O Again, the details of the dream elude me there was so much going on... but at one moment i was somewhere out in space and i was being shown our planet from a distance. I saw the poles where the Equator is now and it didn't happen slowly like the changes we are living through right now. I saw the Earth tilting to the side until the poles were placed horizontally (where the Equator is). Meanwhile there was a voice behind me telling me to watch what was happening. I can't say i ever saw the face the voice belonged to. Since i don't write journals anymore, i figured i leave this post here?? At least my fellow wizards will know they read it first here!!:giggle: I've had prophetic dreams since i was very young on things that affect humanity in general or large amounts of people. I just hope i'm not around when that sudden fast move of the poles happens :rolleyes: Slow, gradual movements (like the ones we are living through now) don't have catastrophic consequences like sudden fast moves. It is believed by some that a sudden Pole shift is what caused Atlantis and so many more inhabited land masses to disappear to the bottom of the ocean. That is far from exciting!

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I just had to stop what i was doing to come here and post this. Last night i had a kind of strange dream:unsure:. Lots of stuff happening. But when i woke up and looked at my phone, i saw there was a reply here on this Pole Reversal thread and that brought to mind one of the things i saw in my dream last night which was precisely about the Poles!!!o_O Again, the details of the dream elude me there was so much going on... but at one moment i was somewhere out in space and i was being shown our planet from a distance. I saw the poles where the Equator is now and it didn't happen slowly like the changes we are living through right now. I saw the Earth tilting to the side until the poles were placed horizontally (where the Equator is). Meanwhile there was a voice behind me telling me to watch what was happening. I can't say i ever saw the face the voice belonged to. Since i don't write journals anymore, i figured i leave this post here?? At least my fellow wizards will know they read it first here!!:giggle: I've had prophetic dreams since i was very young on things that affect humanity in general or large amounts of people. I just hope i'm not around when that sudden fast move of the poles happens :rolleyes: Slow, gradual movements (like the ones we are living through now) don't have catastrophic consequences like sudden fast moves. It is believed by some that a sudden Pole shift is what caused Atlantis and so many more inhabited land masses to disappear to the bottom of the ocean. That is far from exciting!
Um...it would indeed be exciting, though in a rather negative way. "Exciting, scarcely ecstatic," call it.

Robert Ramsay

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
Have you read any David Gemmel books?