• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Pole Reversal, happening right now

byte007

Apprentice
Reaction score
Even the lower limit quoted was a 1000 years, so the gradual drift that we observe (as @RoccoR showed) means that it's going to take a while. Also, having a PhD does not guarantee that the person isn't talking rubbish :) I subscribe to New Scientist, and some of the articles in there are so ludicrous, they raise my eyebrows right round the back of my head.
Post automatically merged:

...which reminds me of one of my favourite (off-topic) jokes that I got off RuPaul's Drag Race:
"I told her she'd drawn her eyebrows too high and she looked surprised"
Humorous indeed, Witty!

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
It is an incredibly rare occurence and we are lucky to live through it. The last pole reversal happened 773.000 years ago and the effects it will have on us are debatable. We have reached the threshhold of a 40 degree shift this week which means the poles are moving rapidly from now on, change is imminent! Some speculate it will result in global catastrophe akin to great floods and natural disaster, others think it is the beginning of a new age. I am quite unsure of what happens next and what precautions to take. Pole reversals have happened hundreds of times before and are scientific fact but none of us have lived through it yet, its very exciting to think of what happens next.
If there come great floods and disasters, believe me that will indeed be a new age. Not necessarily one bad, given what our pestilential species is doing apace anyway.

Djnenas

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
I just had to stop what i was doing to come here and post this. Last night i had a kind of strange dream:unsure:. Lots of stuff happening. But when i woke up and looked at my phone, i saw there was a reply here on this Pole Reversal thread and that brought to mind one of the things i saw in my dream last night which was precisely about the Poles!!!o_O Again, the details of the dream elude me there was so much going on... but at one moment i was somewhere out in space and i was being shown our planet from a distance. I saw the poles where the Equator is now and it didn't happen slowly like the changes we are living through right now. I saw the Earth tilting to the side until the poles were placed horizontally (where the Equator is). Meanwhile there was a voice behind me telling me to watch what was happening. I can't say i ever saw the face the voice belonged to. Since i don't write journals anymore, i figured i leave this post here?? At least my fellow wizards will know they read it first here!!:giggle: I've had prophetic dreams since i was very young on things that affect humanity in general or large amounts of people. I just hope i'm not around when that sudden fast move of the poles happens :rolleyes: Slow, gradual movements (like the ones we are living through now) don't have catastrophic consequences like sudden fast moves. It is believed by some that a sudden Pole shift is what caused Atlantis and so many more inhabited land masses to disappear to the bottom of the ocean. That is far from exciting!

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I just had to stop what i was doing to come here and post this. Last night i had a kind of strange dream:unsure:. Lots of stuff happening. But when i woke up and looked at my phone, i saw there was a reply here on this Pole Reversal thread and that brought to mind one of the things i saw in my dream last night which was precisely about the Poles!!!o_O Again, the details of the dream elude me there was so much going on... but at one moment i was somewhere out in space and i was being shown our planet from a distance. I saw the poles where the Equator is now and it didn't happen slowly like the changes we are living through right now. I saw the Earth tilting to the side until the poles were placed horizontally (where the Equator is). Meanwhile there was a voice behind me telling me to watch what was happening. I can't say i ever saw the face the voice belonged to. Since i don't write journals anymore, i figured i leave this post here?? At least my fellow wizards will know they read it first here!!:giggle: I've had prophetic dreams since i was very young on things that affect humanity in general or large amounts of people. I just hope i'm not around when that sudden fast move of the poles happens :rolleyes: Slow, gradual movements (like the ones we are living through now) don't have catastrophic consequences like sudden fast moves. It is believed by some that a sudden Pole shift is what caused Atlantis and so many more inhabited land masses to disappear to the bottom of the ocean. That is far from exciting!
Um...it would indeed be exciting, though in a rather negative way. "Exciting, scarcely ecstatic," call it.

Robert Ramsay

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Have you read any David Gemmel books?

neilwilkes

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
It is an incredibly rare occurence and we are lucky to live through it. The last pole reversal happened 773.000 years ago and the effects it will have on us are debatable. We have reached the threshhold of a 40 degree shift this week which means the poles are moving rapidly from now on, change is imminent! Some speculate it will result in global catastrophe akin to great floods and natural disaster, others think it is the beginning of a new age. I am quite unsure of what happens next and what precautions to take. Pole reversals have happened hundreds of times before and are scientific fact but none of us have lived through it yet, its very exciting to think of what happens next.
The last reversal happenedc 12,000 years ago - not 773,000 years ago, and we are not lucky to live through it (unless you mean we will be lucky if we do live through it)! As the field loses strength, UV-A & UV-B radiation will hit harder & harder, causing cancers & other issues, plus the entire food chain will be in trouble as ever so many creatures rely on the magnetic field to survive. This is not going to be something that the vast majority of the world's population will survive, as not only are the poles shifting right now (although I think 40% down - if that is what you're saying (and I apologise if I misinterpreted the figure) - is too high & we're currently at around 30% down on normal strength, so the Magnetic Shield is at 70% now and dropping by 1.5% per year as we had an acceleration a couple of years back and since then the ESA has stopped issuing any information garnered from the SWARM mission.

Not only will the planet be far more severely affected by weaker & weaker Space Weather events - just look at the Storm of a month ago, with Aurora visible inb Mexico - and this all came from a piddling little X3 flare so consider what will happen when the Sun flares on the X20+ range (which it will, and a lot higher too) - Bye Bye electricity. The grids will all fail, and nothing will work any longer. No phones, heating, food in shops, ATM, Clean Water, electronic devices will all die unless stored in a faraday cage (and how will you charge them when nothing is coming out of the plug sockets) and we will be plunged back into the Stone Age.

The crescendo will be the Solar Micronova which is a cyclic event - the last time it happened we call the 'Younger Dryas' event and the Olivine that holds the crust to the mantle will fail due to the massive induction from the Solar blast, and everything tips over 90 degrees. Water will not stop moving though, and the planet will not stop spinning either, so imagine the monstrous Tsunami that will occur, followed by the slosh-back.
This happens because we are now caught in the Galactic Current Sheet which is bringing a lot of dust with it (excessive anomalous dust has been detected throughout the Solar System, plus every planet (with the exception of Mercury, information on which will have to wait until the Bepi-Columbo mission gets there) in the Solar System is undergoing serious changes. Venus' winds have increased in speed by 300mph, Mars has awoken, Jupiter is changing rapidly as are Saturn, Uranus & Neptune and Pluto lost 20% of it's atmosphere in just a single year.

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
The last reversal happenedc 12,000 years ago - not 773,000 years ago, and we are not lucky to live through it (unless you mean we will be lucky if we do live through it)! As the field loses strength, UV-A & UV-B radiation will hit harder & harder, causing cancers & other issues, plus the entire food chain will be in trouble as ever so many creatures rely on the magnetic field to survive. This is not going to be something that the vast majority of the world's population will survive, as not only are the poles shifting right now (although I think 40% down - if that is what you're saying (and I apologise if I misinterpreted the figure) - is too high & we're currently at around 30% down on normal strength, so the Magnetic Shield is at 70% now and dropping by 1.5% per year as we had an acceleration a couple of years back and since then the ESA has stopped issuing any information garnered from the SWARM mission.

Not only will the planet be far more severely affected by weaker & weaker Space Weather events - just look at the Storm of a month ago, with Aurora visible inb Mexico - and this all came from a piddling little X3 flare so consider what will happen when the Sun flares on the X20+ range (which it will, and a lot higher too) - Bye Bye electricity. The grids will all fail, and nothing will work any longer. No phones, heating, food in shops, ATM, Clean Water, electronic devices will all die unless stored in a faraday cage (and how will you charge them when nothing is coming out of the plug sockets) and we will be plunged back into the Stone Age.

The crescendo will be the Solar Micronova which is a cyclic event - the last time it happened we call the 'Younger Dryas' event and the Olivine that holds the crust to the mantle will fail due to the massive induction from the Solar blast, and everything tips over 90 degrees. Water will not stop moving though, and the planet will not stop spinning either, so imagine the monstrous Tsunami that will occur, followed by the slosh-back.
This happens because we are now caught in the Galactic Current Sheet which is bringing a lot of dust with it (excessive anomalous dust has been detected throughout the Solar System, plus every planet (with the exception of Mercury, information on which will have to wait until the Bepi-Columbo mission gets there) in the Solar System is undergoing serious changes. Venus' winds have increased in speed by 300mph, Mars has awoken, Jupiter is changing rapidly as are Saturn, Uranus & Neptune and Pluto lost 20% of it's atmosphere in just a single year.
There are those who say agriculture paved the way for the biggest disaster for the planet---us and our civilization. So a return to the Stone Age might not be so bad. (I just spent the day without electricity. Brings back memories of time in the Alaskan woods with naught but candles one late Winter/early Spring.)

Most of us won't survive? How many of us are anywhere being the sort of human that we think should populate the planet? How many of us are doing anything about that ideal/reality gap? Think of a population drop as the world's biggest casting call.

Asteriskos

Neophyte
Reaction score

Moral: Lots of well stocked "go" bags, with all the "good" stuff which of course depends upon one's foresight in matters like this?
We live about twelve miles from a (now state park) Mastodon Boneyard, remember all those tropical Mammoths with fresh food in their mouths and stomachs with almost no decay? Sheesh, talk about Flash Frozen!