• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Help] Reading books

Someone's asking for help!

WisdomAddict

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
It's been few years I'm reading stuff , and I sometimes find my self wondering choose of my reading habit between
Reading lists I found over the internet
Or reading based on my own reading list

Is that really matter?
For example :
some books have requirement of reading other sources for better understanding or before going to next book or this thing does not exist at all! Lol
This can be confusing...
Any ideas?

Currently i can't read anything at all due to this situation 😅

WisdomAddict

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
maybe consider doing some practical magic?
I really want to do that but never done before or at least I don't know where to start,or even I'm believing in magic or not,
I tried banishing ritual of the pentagram but even I do it wrong, I could not memorize the Hebrew words or lol

WisdomAddict

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
I always considered myself :
A musical mystic??
Or finding meaning of life by music?
Mysticism of the music
Salvation thru music?
🤣

WisdomAddict

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
I always considered myself :
A musical mystic??
Or finding meaning of life by music?
Mysticism of the music
Salvation thru music?
🤣
I'm reading currently the world is sound and it's a very interesting book,helps me found out things I wanted to always find

Reaction score
Awards
It's been few years I'm reading stuff , and I sometimes find my self wondering choose of my reading habit between
Reading lists I found over the internet
Or reading based on my own reading list

Is that really matter?
For example :
some books have requirement of reading other sources for better understanding or before going to next book or this thing does not exist at all! Lol
This can be confusing...
Any ideas?

Currently i can't read anything at all due to this situation 😅
I'm with you, I used to do the same, and found two resources of mine drained as I was working full time and had commitments and such.
Now working pt, I have more time but less.money. and gave all my LHP and RHP books away, and was graced with six rhp books given to me by a neighbor.

WisdomAddict

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
I honestly recommend the side reading.
This is what I done
I'm going with a reading list since 2019? Maybe and at the same time I do side reading of books i found interesting,
I read everything! LHP or RHP
I found my answers on both or one of them,mostly
My biggest plan is to read the fourm's whole grand library! Hahaha maybe I would found the ultimate realization😅

Sage

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
some books have requirement of reading other sources for better understanding or before going to next book or this thing does not exist at all!
Read whatever book you picked first, then go read the other resources later and if necessary, go back to the previous book.Makes notes if you feel like it.

This way you won't get stuck "waiting" and also will be able to see a book at two instances(once without the required knowledge and then when you acquired the required knowledge).
It will only work to help you understand better.

I read everything!
Same here.Although I do have my own focus, I like to read a bit of everything in order to expand my understanding of reality and myself.
There isn't "useless knowledge", only knowledge that you don't know how to use(at the moment).

WisdomAddict

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Well I guess universe seen my passion
And just few hours ago I found the books I waited for long to have them in pdf!! I'm so happy! For now😀❤️

WisdomAddict

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
One thing Id like to add, are don't be afraid of generalist books like Secret Teachings of All Ages, nor to read their list. Look into zlibrary, sacred-texts.
Secret teaching is the first book I ever read on this matters!
Manly p hall is my homeboy!,hahaha
I enjoy his writings and I do listen to his audio lectures sometimes...

Reaction score
Awards
Secret teaching is the first book I ever read on this matters!
Manly p hall is my homeboy!,hahaha
I enjoy his writings and I do listen to his audio lectures sometimes...
Nice.
What books have you struggled with?
In terms of Magick, a good generalist book might be Magick in Theory and Practice, and quareia books.

Reaction score
Awards
Good for you.
If there are any other books please ask, because you never know when someone might have what you want.
True that. Several things ive uploaded and several I've come across and held back from uploading not sure regarding copyright. A lot of good books in the library.

Reaction score
Awards
Even books about History or Philosophy can be helpful if you know where to look at.
Exactly. The Scientists. Mathematics for Non Mathematicians. Holy books of world religions. A book on World Religions. Anthropology is great for our practices, because many of the practices are mirrored in current and or ancient cultures. Even a concordance can be interesting to a non Christian. Dictionary. Encyclopedias. Thesaurus.

WisdomAddict

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
True that. Several things ive uploaded and several I've come across and held back from uploading not sure regarding copyright. A lot of good books in the library.
My philosophy is , if I ever searched so hard for something hard to find I will share it to avoid the next searcher struggles,
In terms of copyright I can't tell(I don't understand it), there is nothing wrong with helping people of the same interest ,