• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Selling your soul

guwope

Neophyte
Reaction score
So what exactly happens when you do this ? Anyone here done it or done it for somebody else. I'm just curious. Thought about it, how's you're life afterward??

Mart

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
It's just a christian myth, with the intention of scaring people, which is all that christianity cares to do. No one is selling their soul to anyone, that would be stupid. Besides, the spirits don't need your soul, they have no use for it! :D You're much more useful to them alive, as a means to interact with the physical realm.

guwope

Neophyte
Reaction score
That's a good way to put it and definitely makes sense but part of me would think there was some sort of truth behind it due to the music industry and what is said about it. I guess they would just be possessed by a spirit . I'm not sure, I can't elaborate much about this topic because I don't know much. Id always believe that you can do that as I was told by someone who does voodoo

Mart

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
Most of the pop myths are full of shit. However, like in most myths, there is a crystal of truth obfuscated somewhere within - there are spirit pacts that exist, but they're are nowhere near as drastic as what the church would want you to believe. Those pacts are mostly agreements between the practitioner and spirit, usualy it's the veneration of the spirit in exchange for their services. It can very much be compared to bonds of friendship - you do something nice for your friend and can expect them to be nice to you as well, if you ask for their help in the future with something. As simple as that.

The God-King

The Mystical Rebel
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
So...selling your soul is a thing but it's not like Hollywood makes it out to be. It's not "offer your soul to a demon or Satan in exchange or fame, wealth or a massive swinging dong". The best way I can describe it is the nganga or prenda from Palo. Now, I won't pretend to be scratched or initiated into Palo but some of y'all know my brief encounter with Quimbanda and during that time I was able to study up on similar traditions and Palo was one. Anyway, in Palo the prenda houses a spirit of the dead, but not just any dead. Usually it's the spirit from a deceased Palo priest (Palero). While still living, the Palero would make pacts and deals with the palo spirits to agree to serve them and the continuation of the Palo Mayombe tradition. With this, when they pass away, their spirits can be seated in a prenda to assist a new Palero in their work, guiding them and their sorcerous endeavors. That is a form of "selling your soul". There are other ways but this is the easiest way to explain it.

Scottish_Pride

Meme-y Tree Nymph
Reaction score
Awards
It's just a christian myth, with the intention of scaring people, which is all that christianity cares to do. No one is selling their soul to anyone, that would be stupid. Besides, the spirits don't need your soul, they have no use for it! :D You're much more useful to them alive, as a means to interact with the physical realm.
Well there may be people out there still at least attempting to do it. I know I found reference of it in the pseudo-autobiography novel Franz Bardon wrote. Though I don't see Bardon adding something like that as an embellishment, I suppose it could be. No telling.

Céleste

Visitor
Reaction score
Awards
So what exactly happens when you do this ? Anyone here done it or done it for somebody else. I'm just curious. Thought about it, how's you're life afterward??

If you're referring to demonic pacts, well that particular kind of phenomena is quite a rarity I would think, so I doubt you'll meet much of anyone with direct experience.
But I'll have to disagree with the general consensus already here and say that they most certainly are a thing, and quite like you'd imagine.

Usually how it goes, is some sorcerer or power-hungry occultist manages to evoke such a demon, and, depending on the maturity and development of that person's soul and spirit, the demon may decide to entertain their whims. The more potent and mature the sorcerer is, the more useful they would be and the more likely the demon will offer a pact to possess their soul/spirit after death in return for the power or wishes they seek. Also though, the demon will take into account the sorcerer's karmic details, so it won't necessarily fulfill their requests if what the sorcerer is asking for would be too disruptive or heavy on that sorcerer's karmic fate - demons may be negative entities, but they take heed of Providence too and only do as they're allowed like any other spirit.

Anyways, literally speaking, the process is like this:
After the evocation and the conclusion is made by both parties to carry out a pact, they discuss all the terms necessary for it - the services and wishes the demon will fulfill, the capabilities given to the sorcerer, the duties of both parties from then on, the matter of potential servants(familiar spirits) given to the sorcerer by the demon and how they are to be treated, and etc.
Of particular note though, is the negotiation of the sorcerer's date of death, and the means through which he will die and be transferred to the demon's sphere after death.

The whole pact is written down by the sorcerer himself, in which usually two copies are made - one for the sorcerer to keep, and one for the demon. Once it is settled, it is signed by the sorcerer, and then the demon signs it himself with his own seal by using the sorcerer's hand as a medium.
And of course the sorcerer keeps the one copy, while the other is burned, releasing it to the relevant demon's sphere in the process.

Afterwards, the demon will spend the next several months teaching the sorcerer how to use the powers and capabilities given to him, and from there they are free to carry on as settled in the pact. And of course, once the date of death comes, the sorcerer dies as was negotiated and is transferred to the demon's sphere in order to fulfill the pact and pay his debts for the demon's services.

It's true that spirits like veneration and having some helping hands on earth, but not only are most potent, worthwhile spirits capable of influencing the physical world on their own, there are also plenty of reasons for them to possess a human soul/ spirit as a servant as well - and demons, particularly, have no qualms taking advantage of that unique usefulness.
Humans are tetrapolar spirits made in the image of God, which gives them many more capabilities among all the spheres than what a demon who would make such a pact would have. For example, it us much easier for human spirits to travel amongst all the different spheres, while demons(and most other spirits) are mostly dependent on residing in their own zone. This makes humans good messengers and servants for the demon outside of their own sphere, and it is a common way the souls/spirits of humans are utilized in the case of pacts.

Even more commonly, however, are demons assigning the indentured souls/spirit of these humans as servants for other sorcerers still involved with them on the earth sphere - so literally, you can be someone who makes a pact, die and go to serve the demon, and then end up back on earth as someone else's familiar spirit who has made their own deal with said demon. 😂

Anyways, making pacts like this really aren't a good thing in the long run and should be avoided, obviously :p
Not only is it probably not worth the servitude afterwards, but if you're stuck serving a demon for long enough, you'll start to de-evolve by the influence of them and their sphere's energies, eventually making your soul/spirit dependent on them. Meaning, that you'll eventually transmute into a demon yourself, and be bound to their sphere forever, like they are.

Well there may be people out there still at least attempting to do it. I know I found reference of it in the pseudo-autobiography novel Franz Bardon wrote. Though I don't see Bardon adding something like that as an embellishment, I suppose it could be. No telling.

Actually you're right, but not only is it referenced in his Frabato autobiography, it is directly elaborated upon in his "The Practice of Magical Evocation" book as well.

Scottish_Pride

Meme-y Tree Nymph
Reaction score
Awards
not only is it referenced in his Frabato autobiography, it is directly elaborated upon in his "The Practice of Magical Evocation" book as well.
Ah, gotcha. Haven't read quite that far yet, myself.

Roma

Apostle
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
In both the ancient Egyptian and ancient Kabbalah, the human has 5 souls

Such as:

Nefesh… is awareness of the physical body and the physical world

The primary manifestation of Ruach is in the emotions...

Neshama … seeks to pierce through to the essential rather than the ephemeral

Chaya ...merges into a state of complete nullification of the ego… knowledge of the absolute truth of things

Yechida corresponds to the level of soul called Adam Kadmon

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Each of these souls has its own elemental intelligence that is managed by a higher intelligence - usually nature spirit but some have a higher deva e.g. a solar angel

Selling is a rather human concept here. It is better to think in terms of trauma, capture and possession.

In severe autism, it is common to see a nature spirit abandon its chakra so that only the elemental remains. This is common when the brain has too much aluminum or lead, so that the light of the Neschama (Christian soul) has difficulty penetrating the brain.

There can also be entities (looking like black octopus) that capture the brain and put a nice black layer that the light of the solar angel cannot penetrate. When this happens the human personality finds it very difficult to connect to the Light and is often used for activities adverse to the proper unfoldment of the solar system.

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
So...selling your soul is a thing but it's not like Hollywood makes it out to be. It's not "offer your soul to a demon or Satan in exchange or fame, wealth or a massive swinging dong". The best way I can describe it is the nganga or prenda from Palo. Now, I won't pretend to be scratched or initiated into Palo but some of y'all know my brief encounter with Quimbanda and during that time I was able to study up on similar traditions and Palo was one. Anyway, in Palo the prenda houses a spirit of the dead, but not just any dead. Usually it's the spirit from a deceased Palo priest (Palero). While still living, the Palero would make pacts and deals with the palo spirits to agree to serve them and the continuation of the Palo Mayombe tradition. With this, when they pass away, their spirits can be seated in a prenda to assist a new Palero in their work, guiding them and their sorcerous endeavors. That is a form of "selling your soul". There are other ways but this is the easiest way to explain it.
Yes, this and imo Santa Muerte

There are certain spirits we join ourselves to and when we die we'll join them.

Eclipse

Neophyte
Reaction score
If you refer to the act of bartering your life for a mundane favor, this exists. If you refer to making a covenant with a spirit or deity, this also exists. Prices may vary.

Irish Bard

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
That's a good way to put it and definitely makes sense but part of me would think there was some sort of truth behind it due to the music industry and what is said about it. I guess they would just be possessed by a spirit . I'm not sure, I can't elaborate much about this topic because I don't know much. Id always believe that you can do that as I was told by someone who does voodoo

Well I think its entirely possible and actually quite common, to sell your youth, dignity, autonomy, self respect and control to people....

Scottish_Pride

Meme-y Tree Nymph
Reaction score
Awards
Well I think its entirely possible and actually quite common, to sell your youth, dignity, autonomy, self respect and control to people....
Quoting some random movie I can't quite remember right now, "We're all whores for something."

Roma

Apostle
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
quite common, to sell your youth, dignity, autonomy, self respect and control to people
Quite so.

The soul - higher mental body (neschama) overlighted by a solar spirit - is not available for sale.

The human personality is however commonly bought. The human personality agrees not to seek its higher destiny in exchange for power/wealth/safety/sex.

Implicit in this agreement is the belief that there are no serious repercussions from the Cosmos with its parallel timepaths/universes.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Konsciencia

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
There is no need to sell your Soul, because The Universe is your Soul as well. So, why would The Universe want to take your Soul? When all of the Souls in the physical world, will return to The Universe, The Ultimate Source, in due time.

Eclipse

Neophyte
Reaction score
There is no need to sell your Soul, because The Universe is your Soul as well. So, why would The Universe want to take your Soul? When all of the Souls in the physical world, will return to The Universe, The Ultimate Source, in due time.
I will skip that whole "returning to the universe" or "ultimate source" thing.

Roma

Apostle
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
I will skip that whole "returning to the universe"
It is necessary to establish a refined independence (first stage enlightenment) before considering a return

guwope

Neophyte
Reaction score
If you're referring to demonic pacts, well that particular kind of phenomena is quite a rarity I would think, so I doubt you'll meet much of anyone with direct experience.
But I'll have to disagree with the general consensus already here and say that they most certainly are a thing, and quite like you'd imagine.

Usually how it goes, is some sorcerer or power-hungry occultist manages to evoke such a demon, and, depending on the maturity and development of that person's soul and spirit, the demon may decide to entertain their whims. The more potent and mature the sorcerer is, the more useful they would be and the more likely the demon will offer a pact to possess their soul/spirit after death in return for the power or wishes they seek. Also though, the demon will take into account the sorcerer's karmic details, so it won't necessarily fulfill their requests if what the sorcerer is asking for would be too disruptive or heavy on that sorcerer's karmic fate - demons may be negative entities, but they take heed of Providence too and only do as they're allowed like any other spirit.

Anyways, literally speaking, the process is like this:
After the evocation and the conclusion is made by both parties to carry out a pact, they discuss all the terms necessary for it - the services and wishes the demon will fulfill, the capabilities given to the sorcerer, the duties of both parties from then on, the matter of potential servants(familiar spirits) given to the sorcerer by the demon and how they are to be treated, and etc.
Of particular note though, is the negotiation of the sorcerer's date of death, and the means through which he will die and be transferred to the demon's sphere after death.

The whole pact is written down by the sorcerer himself, in which usually two copies are made - one for the sorcerer to keep, and one for the demon. Once it is settled, it is signed by the sorcerer, and then the demon signs it himself with his own seal by using the sorcerer's hand as a medium.
And of course the sorcerer keeps the one copy, while the other is burned, releasing it to the relevant demon's sphere in the process.

Afterwards, the demon will spend the next several months teaching the sorcerer how to use the powers and capabilities given to him, and from there they are free to carry on as settled in the pact. And of course, once the date of death comes, the sorcerer dies as was negotiated and is transferred to the demon's sphere in order to fulfill the pact and pay his debts for the demon's services.

It's true that spirits like veneration and having some helping hands on earth, but not only are most potent, worthwhile spirits capable of influencing the physical world on their own, there are also plenty of reasons for them to possess a human soul/ spirit as a servant as well - and demons, particularly, have no qualms taking advantage of that unique usefulness.
Humans are tetrapolar spirits made in the image of God, which gives them many more capabilities among all the spheres than what a demon who would make such a pact would have. For example, it us much easier for human spirits to travel amongst all the different spheres, while demons(and most other spirits) are mostly dependent on residing in their own zone. This makes humans good messengers and servants for the demon outside of their own sphere, and it is a common way the souls/spirits of humans are utilized in the case of pacts.

Even more commonly, however, are demons assigning the indentured souls/spirit of these humans as servants for other sorcerers still involved with them on the earth sphere - so literally, you can be someone who makes a pact, die and go to serve the demon, and then end up back on earth as someone else's familiar spirit who has made their own deal with said demon. 😂

Anyways, making pacts like this really aren't a good thing in the long run and should be avoided, obviously :p
Not only is it probably not worth the servitude afterwards, but if you're stuck serving a demon for long enough, you'll start to de-evolve by the influence of them and their sphere's energies, eventually making your soul/spirit dependent on them. Meaning, that you'll eventually transmute into a demon yourself, and be bound to their sphere forever, like they are.

Actually you're right, but not only is it referenced in his Frabato autobiography, it is directly elaborated upon in his "The Practice of Magical Evocation" book as well.
I wanna do it, do it for me. Help me something lol Dead serious though