• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Opinion] Shamanism shamanic travelling connecting with The earth

Everyone's got one.

Jk666

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
What do you think about the subject?

i just started a course about shamanism on Udemy & feel it holds a lot of promise.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Shamanism is a valid path. It is not my choice because I like to apply the principles of science when working on the inner planes - including systematic testing of hypotheses with peer review

Shamanism is based on relationships and not all relationships are what they seem. Still, if you have suitable guide...

Jk666

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
Shamanism is based on relationships and not all relationships are what they seem. Still, if you have suitable guide...
when I looked for cruel predators I didn’t find any. All the guides appeared as cute furry beings.

what I wanted was the dark side of the lower middle & high realms & I’ll continue searching for it if it doesn’t yet exist then chaos magic will create it.

Öwnchef

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
What do you think about the subject?

i just started a course about shamanism on Udemy & feel it holds a lot of promise.
Originally Shamanism was based on pain. A lot of pain.
Today it changed to something else. People are still searching for authenticity but they probably don't know what they are wishing for.

Reaction score
Awards
Shamanism is a lot of things, on drugs I partially agree in terms mainly holistic or homeopathic medicine.
The madicine man. The shaman. There are drugs that produce altered states of consciousness, drugs, sleep deprivation, maxing out your endurance and continuing, chanting, dancing, all play a part in altered states.

Core Shamanism was exhorted to me many times, due to soul retrieval as a topic, connecting with spirit guides, etc.

I personally believe shamanism to be the oldest construct anthropologically speaking, or religion and or magic.

blacksmith

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
Originally Shamanism was based on pain. A lot of pain.
Today it changed to something else. People are still searching for authenticity but they probably don't know what they are wishing for.
I think one thing that shows this a lot is a Brazilian indigenous ritual that consists of putting on a glove with tocandeira ants, they do this every year until they are 22 years old.

Jk666

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
I’d like to do A shaman travel with other ppl.

if anyone is interested.

also if someone has more info on the practice I’d appreciate it.

Öwnchef

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
The madicine man. The shaman.
It is somehow frustrating. People read novels and watch movies. Over the decades a new (age) fantasy world was created. It is chilling but these creations contain no value of reality.
It took me a very long time to find a real "medicine man" of the Dine people. When I finally found the old man sitting on a stone in a valley, he greeted me with "why did it take you so long?"
He taught me the Red Path, the Chantways, hozho and the healing rituals. I received hundreds of healing symbols from him at the end. I became a Wakan Wicasi, as he called it. Someone who has a connection to the other world. Someone who can bring life or take it. Medicine Man was probably the wrong term, lol.

Reaction score
Awards
Well, here is the fundamental problem: Shamanism is not restricted to one particular ethnic group or associated religion.

Every continent has practitioners of Shamanism. Even lost islands have tribes and practitioners that have been discovered by various parties, mostly explorers or anthropologists, or marine crews that stumbled upon the islands.

Jk666

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
He taught me the Red Path, the Chantways, hozho and the healing rituals. I received hundreds of healing symbols from him at the end. I became a Wakan Wicasi, as he called it. Someone who has a connection to the other world. Someone who can bring life or take it. Medicine Man was probably the wrong term, lol.
so shamanism holds a lot of power figured as much

Reaction score
Awards
The Celestine Prophecy series and Left Behind series are interesting and somewhat frightening really, the frightening aspect is that so many people get attached to the fiction that some archetype or something else gets created, and starts gathering energy. Now I understand why some people jokingly on another forum were evoking well known fictional characters. Energy was gathered and stored is these various characters. It may be similar to how energy can be gathered to imprision spirits of humans or non humans. An example, I heard of an old CPS authority in Virginia who loved his collection of Bobble Head dolls. Apparently he harvested and imprisooned the souls of children in these dolls. A minister discovered it and broke it.

Öwnchef

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
The Celestine Prophecy series and Left Behind series are interesting and somewhat frightening really, the frightening aspect is that so many people get attached to the fiction that some archetype or something else gets created, and starts gathering energy. Now I understand why some people jokingly on another forum were evoking well known fictional characters. Energy was gathered and stored is these various characters. It may be similar to how energy can be gathered to imprision spirits of humans or non humans. An example, I heard of an old CPS authority in Virginia who loved his collection of Bobble Head dolls. Apparently he harvested and imprisooned the souls of children in these dolls. A minister discovered it and broke it.
Yes, energy. It all comes down on it.

Öwnchef

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Mandalas are the perspective of flying shamans on the palaces of demons and gods. From above of course