• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Help] Spirit of the place

Someone's asking for help!

WisdomAddict

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Any Idea those who possess cites and places, how is this possible for a place or city became possesed by entities? Like haunted places
Can entities feed off the place or people's energy ?
I have been walked some places having heavy energy or drain my energy and when you look at these places you can see it's dark Energies with your own eye but knowing the why was always on my head....

Reaction score
Awards
Any Idea those who possess cites and places, how is this possible for a place or city became possesed by entities? Like haunted places
Can entities feed off the place or people's energy ?
I have been walked some places having heavy energy or drain my energy and when you look at these places you can see it's dark Energies with your own eye but knowing the why was always on my head....
Most belief systems include entities who posses/occupy/effect/rule places/countries/landmasses/geographical features/groups of people/etc…. Angels, princes, demons, genius loci, egregores, elementals, nature spirits, and on and on.

They generally reflect the nature of the features/people located there. Now whether they cause it or are the result of it is actually the more interesting question. Did that type of spirit settle there because there was a river there already or did a river settle there because that type of spirit was there, or did the two influence each other to become what you find there today?

-Eld
Post automatically merged:

But yes entities can feed/impart their own nature on people?
-Eld

Last edited:
Reaction score
Awards
Dean Wilson, Aaron Leitch, Donald Tyson and other authors on Enochian Magick have inferred or stated certain Enochian entities rule over countries.
As others have pointed out, demons, angels and other spirits are said to rule over certain regions, decarabia for example.
As far as haunted places, there are parasitic entities, suicides, homicides, arts practitioners can all stick around and feed off of people's energy. The Edgar Allen Poe museum in Richmond VA for example is haunted, and I could feel the negative energy.

Friggasdottir

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
I find this really interesting, because I have a personal theory that the town where I work has been taken over by a not so great entity. About 40 years ago, a lot of the old, beautiful 19th century architecture was roen down to make way for new, sterile 1970s buildings, including thr incredibly beautiful library. This town has degenerated. Lots of druggies, hardly any businesses stay in the area. You drive in to it and can feel the moral decay. It has a bad energy to it. You drive to another town 20 minutes away and it has a totally different feel. Shops are thriving, old architecture remains standing and maintained, people are super friendly, no sign of homeless, etc. I'm convinced a dark energy has taken over the first town. Look at places like Chicago and D.C. rife with bad energy. Someone pointed out every place has a personification of its entity. For instance, John Bull for the UK, Lady Liberty for the U.S. Columbia used to be our entity, and when we put up that horrible monstrosity, the statue of liberty, something changed for our nation.

Tryp

Neophyte
Reaction score
They generally reflect the nature of the features/people located there. Now whether they cause it or are the result of it is actually the more interesting question. Did that type of spirit settle there because there was a river there already or did a river settle there because that type of spirit was there, or did the two influence each other to become what you find there today?

Inextricably united. This is probably your guess too, but I suppose our culture is so hooked on causality (instead of, at least, correlation) that any perspective outside of time is difficult. Or, as they say, we're too used to see the dancers instead of the dance.

There's a book I really enjoyed with exactly that title - Spirits of Place, edited by John Reppion and featuring some nice essays about this. It's not an occult book, but regardless it breathes magic and I'd recommend it to anyone interested in the topic. The editor's introduction begins "When I as a child I had a vision of fourth dimensional time", and finishes

This island, this town, this village, this dirt track, this house, this room; every one has its spirits. A blur of people, of experiences, of lives lived, dreams dreamed, of gods birthed, of loves lost, of deaths died, of journeys across the grass patch.
Stick the push-pins in the map, connect the dots with winding twine like every good movie detective knows you should. A pattern emerges. It is not a pentagram, not a star sign or constellation, not an arrow or X marking the spot. It is a spiral.

Friggasdottir

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
Add Detroit Metro and Ypsilanti MI to the list. Grand Rapids MI as well. It appears in these towns that no lives matter.
Really any of the big cities now it seems. I stay away from them because to me at least, the energies are foreboding there. I would like to learn to be more in tune with, say, the spirit if tjr stream that runs behind my house. I think we have a house spirit.
Inextricably united. This is probably your guess too, but I suppose our culture is so hooked on causality (instead of, at least, correlation) that any perspective outside of time is difficult. Or, as they say, we're too used to see the dancers instead of the dance.

There's a book I really enjoyed with exactly that title - Spirits of Place, edited by John Reppion and featuring some nice essays about this. It's not an occult book, but regardless it breathes magic and I'd recommend it to anyone interested in the topic. The editor's introduction begins "When I as a child I had a vision of fourth dimensional time", and finishes
I agree, that one way or another
Most belief systems include entities who posses/occupy/effect/rule places/countries/landmasses/geographical features/groups of people/etc…. Angels, princes, demons, genius loci, egregores, elementals, nature spirits, and on and on.

-Eld

But yes entities can feed/impart their own nature on people?
-Eld
I agree that they do indeed reflect the natures of the people. I guess you could say, maybe we would attract more beneficent spirits if we, ourselves, changed?

Tryp

Neophyte
Reaction score
I agree that they do indeed reflect the natures of the people. I guess you could say, maybe we would attract more beneficent spirits if we, ourselves, changed?

For me it makes bigger sense to think that, as we change, spirits are ipso facto being invoked and banished, whether we realize it or not. Or, as spirits move, their movement brings change. Either perspective can work. I think the important part is the relationship itself.

But language is tricky in these matters. No, scratch that - language is tricky, period.

Hazel

Neophyte
Reaction score
I work with the spirit of the National Road/route 40 often. Emotional high energy route near my home where many traveled west in 1800s to seek their fortunes. Of course, she’s much more subdued now, oh! but the stories she can tell.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Long ago the city I lived in was host to some multi-national sports event. It was the first time the whole of the city had worked together.

During that process a greater deva formed and anchored above the city. At the time some residents said the city changed from being a big country town to become a real city

Thus unity for a greater purpose may attract positive entities to over-light the group

Friggasdottir

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
I work with the spirit of the National Road/route 40 often. Emotional high energy route near my home where many traveled west in 1800s to seek their fortunes. Of course, she’s much more subdued now, oh! but the stories she can tell.
I live near 40 National Road too. I suspect some of my ancestors traveled this route, which makes it even more profound. Now you've given me some real food for thought. Actually where I work is feet from 40! It runs right through the town I mentioned that has the not so great energy. But in our park, stands a Madonna of the Trail, a sort of personification of this road, an image of this entity if you will. And it's interesting you refer to the spirit of the road in the feminine as well.

Amadan

Neophyte
Reaction score
Awards
There is a very old and powerful water spirit in downtown Athens, Georgia. If you have the mind to go there, reach out, and connect with it, you'll find it's extremely talkative. Genius locii

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I find this really interesting, because I have a personal theory that the town where I work has been taken over by a not so great entity. About 40 years ago, a lot of the old, beautiful 19th century architecture was roen down to make way for new, sterile 1970s buildings, including thr incredibly beautiful library. This town has degenerated. Lots of druggies, hardly any businesses stay in the area. You drive in to it and can feel the moral decay. It has a bad energy to it. You drive to another town 20 minutes away and it has a totally different feel. Shops are thriving, old architecture remains standing and maintained, people are super friendly, no sign of homeless, etc. I'm convinced a dark energy has taken over the first town. Look at places like Chicago and D.C. rife with bad energy. Someone pointed out every place has a personification of its entity. For instance, John Bull for the UK, Lady Liberty for the U.S. Columbia used to be our entity, and when we put up that horrible monstrosity, the statue of liberty, something changed for our nation.
Worse, the statue of liberty was a gift from France---the land some would call the nest of the counterinitiation.

Friggasdottir

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
Actually it was originally going to be a gift from France to Otttoman Empire and they rejected it and so it was regifted to America. I feel like I've read a few other things about this androgynous hideous representation of our country, but can't recall it right now. I feel.like once it became the servitor of our country, we really started going downhill. Federal reserve, etc, etc. It doesn't represent our country. It represents bankers interests. Just my .02. Columbia was no longer our goddess so to speak.

By counter initiation, do you mean the Illuminati?

Reaction score
Awards
Actually it was originally going to be a gift from France to Otttoman Empire and they rejected it and so it was regifted to America. I feel like I've read a few other things about this androgynous hideous representation of our country, but can't recall it right now. I feel.like once it became the servitor of our country, we really started going downhill. Federal reserve, etc, etc. It doesn't represent our country. It represents bankers interests. Just my .02. Columbia was no longer our goddess so to speak.

By counter initiation, do you mean the Illuminati?
Wasn’t it a vanity project of the sculpture based on Egyptian and Roman statues. He tried to sell the concept to Egypt . When that failed France ended up picking it up as a gift.

Pretty sure the ottoman bit was the “fake news” of the day.

Reaction score
Awards
Well it's my understanding that the Ottomans were going to place it in Egypt. And it was modeled after Helios. Here's the YouTube video that talks about it.
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
“Some historians flatly deny this event”

Damn. I wasn’t aware there was so much uncertainty regarding the origins of the statue. Interesting.

-Eld

Feywer

Neophyte
Reaction score
I find this particular area of study very fascinating. I have a few rituals involving the "spirits of the place". But the psychological and social - mystical and spiritual - implications of them are intriguing. This is a very very old concept and dates back hundreds, if not thousands, of years. I will have to do some digging through my books, but I do have some relevant and interesting information I could later share on the subject (it's morning time with coffee right now).