• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Help] Spirit of the place

Someone's asking for help!

WisdomAddict

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Any Idea those who possess cites and places, how is this possible for a place or city became possesed by entities? Like haunted places
Can entities feed off the place or people's energy ?
I have been walked some places having heavy energy or drain my energy and when you look at these places you can see it's dark Energies with your own eye but knowing the why was always on my head....

WisdomAddict

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
I find this particular area of study very fascinating. I have a few rituals involving the "spirits of the place". But the psychological and social - mystical and spiritual - implications of them are intriguing. This is a very very old concept and dates back hundreds, if not thousands, of years. I will have to do some digging through my books, but I do have some relevant and interesting information I could later share on the subject (it's morning time with coffee right now).
For me perosnaly its not fascinating because I'm interested in possession , because Im interested in their root cause what and why and how places and not organic bodies can be possessed by entities...
Because I live in a country that has long history with black magic and witchcraft Im looking for cleanse or cast out rituals to doing reverse work
I hear even modern apartemanets being possessed and people even make fun of it
If you share material and books you mentioned would be great
Thanks

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
On Iona off the west coast of Scotland is a modest hill called "the hill with its back to Ireland".

My observations of the nearest landscape deva was that the deva wanted nothing to do with Ireland.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Reaction score
Awards
For me perosnaly its not fascinating because I'm interested in possession , because Im interested in their root cause what and why and how places and not organic bodies can be possessed by entities...
Because I live in a country that has long history with black magic and witchcraft Im looking for cleanse or cast out rituals to doing reverse work
I hear even modern apartemanets being possessed and people even make fun of it
If you share material and books you mentioned would be great
Thanks
Are you trying to remove its effects on you, your family, a block, a city, or the entire country?
Unfortunately this isn’t an easy or fast task. And as you get larger scale it becomes harder and harder till it becomes nearly impossible.
I’m traveling some this week and I’ll try to put a few thoughts down and respond to this further.

-Eld

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
how places ... can be possessed by entities..

I am not sure that the termed "possessed" is quite right when speaking of planetary landscapes but there are certainly places where most humans are better not to live.

Not far from me, at the base of a volcanic plug is an area that was traditionally used by native women for giving birth. As one might expect in the land is an involutionary elemental with cosmic connections. The cosmic energies drive the birth, giving the surviving mothers a sense of the cosmos usually lacking in males

There is an energy flow from that place that extends across the landscape to another volcanic plug. The dark energy flows up the plug until it meets a down flow of light, producing a sparkling interface.

People that live in houses on those dark landscape flows do not do well.

So, applying the principles of TCM, there are inflows and outflows (meridians) connecting this planet to the solar system which is the physical body of our solar Logos. (Our solar Logos is now learning to practice right relationship)

The solar Logos has many functions and learning processes not obvious to humans. Some of these generate elementals and devas of enormous scope. Sensitive humans feel which areas are good for them and which are not.

Long ago a friend was having a shower and some light energies came upon him. He said they were so strong he thought they would kill him. So he shouted: Knock it off, guys!

And they did

WisdomAddict

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Are you trying to remove its effects on you, your family, a block, a city, or the entire country?
Unfortunately this isn’t an easy or fast task. And as you get larger scale it becomes harder and harder till it becomes nearly impossible.
I’m traveling some this week and I’ll try to put a few thoughts down and respond to this further.

-Eld
I got my answer about the country and places as you mentioned
So it is possible that entities posses places
Waiting for your furthure information
Thanks for your answer,

Actually In my case it was our old house and literally again it's another house , that some witch reletive might be doing something to that house , and done this over and over

I heard a lot of stories people write something (spells) on a paper and put under the carpet or put it somewhere in the house to harm people or cause bad luck
How is this even works?
That actually happend to our family and I found out It was a done by a witch reletive and I found out I was possesed by a demon since I was born
I want to know how is this happened?
Most investigate we have done we find out that witch came to our house out of a random day and we don't know what she did, that's the missing part,
Do witch make a deal with the demon and receives something in return for ruining people's life?

Tryp

Neophyte
Reaction score
^ This.

As to explain how and why a curse works, there may be different answers and ultimately it's the same as explaining how and why magic works. Depending on your paradigm you will have a different guess.

Maybe a paradigm agnostic way to look at it requires that you stop thinking about the how and why and just think about what is, and work accordingly. Tthink about a space that has been shaped by forces that we can understand within our space-time perspective. Example:

A certain movement in viscous rocks in the Earth's mantle, over geological time, exerts an upwards pressure that moves rocks in the crust and makes some of them come out and shape a mountain. Rain will over time accumulate in pool shapes atop that mountain, and eventually spill and flow down, creating a river. Water will keep eroding and shaping the riverbed, and at some point the river will carry many metric tons of water. We wouldn't build a house in the riverbed, or be surprised because we can get wet and even drown in it. Nowadays, since we reasonably understand some geology and physics, we arguably could work to raise a dam, or to force the river through a different path with engineering, and in relatively short time be able to build houses on what used to be the riverbed. But ever and always, there's limits to what we understand and what we can do, whether it's just brick and mortar channels for convenient irrigation around the river, or full blown terraforming, and even if we can shape it all up to our liking, it will take time. Also consider that if someone knows enough about explosives and structures (or even by accident) they might blow up a hole in the mountain and force a flood.

What we call spirits of place can be understood as a river, or a swamp, or a volcano or a sinkhole or any other physical space in the world. The difference is that we don't understand so well the causes nor the processes that shaped them beyond our linear space-time perspective, and sometimes we struggle trying to figure out the river by looking at a few rocks in the bank. We heard stories and saw movies about a family finding and burying a forgotten pile of bones to cast out a curse, but even if sometimes it may turn out that a crime was committed, or someone who knew enough cast a curse (placed some explosives in the right place) usually that spirit of place is the outcome of a long, complex process that also might take time and work to change. If someone has the engineering knowledge, maybe miracles can be worked out. Otherwise it may be wiser to accept that the river runs full of water and that cannot be changed overnight.

I understand, though, that since even when I try to speak from an agnostic perspective I still may inevitably think in animistic terms (and that is both a pragmatic choice and a result of my experience) my reasoning may not work well for psychologically minded practitioners, but that can't be helped. Anyways, sorry about the long post.

Reaction score
Awards
Thanks for your answer,

Actually In my case it was our old house and literally again it's another house , that some witch reletive might be doing something to that house , and done this over and over

I heard a lot of stories people write something (spells) on a paper and put under the carpet or put it somewhere in the house to harm people or cause bad luck
How is this even works?
That actually happend to our family and I found out It was a done by a witch reletive and I found out I was possesed by a demon since I was born
Most investigate we have done we find out that witch came to our house out of a random day and we don't know what she did, that's the missing part,
Do witch make a deal with the demon and receives something in return for ruining people's life?
Sorry, this thread went a different way than I thought it would. I was working through where I thought this would go and honestly was going down a bit more of a theoretical rabbit hole. An educated theory and one supported by experience but way off base from what you need. So let me address the basics.

First, all magical attacks/effects come down to a comparison/battle of will (all other things being the same). Even if one side isn't even aware that it's happening. Or one side (or neither) is human for that matter. As one famous author said all magic is spirit magic. Just remember you are also a spirit.

Now that equation can be easily adjusted (which is the focus of a lot of magic, both high magic and low magic techniques). It can be altered by adding proven rituals, words of power, materia magica, improving your own will, bringing in spirits, other practitioners, etc, etc, etc. Each of these simply adds more weight to your side of the scale. There are other factors, distance, familiarity with the target, physical tag locks, spirits in the area, timing, moon phases, and a ton of other things you don't even know that are affecting the outcome as well.

Now since I don't know your experience level or what (if any magic you practice) I would go with a more low magic or maybe a chaos magic approach. If you're not experienced but you have a religion you were raised in then it may be a good idea to fall back on that or to bring in someone else to help if that's a possibility.

If you have very little experience, are not religious, and have no one to help then it would probably be a good idea to download Jason Miller's Protection and Reversal Magick. It's a hodgepodge of low magick (witchcraft) rituals that should prove helpful even to a beginner.

Now a few add-on points that I'm not sure are in his book (but maybe they are):

I would start by standing in the center of the home and performing a banishing ritual in each direction (north, south, east, west, up, down). Or just pick a ritual from his book and perform it in the center of the house.

Clean your house from top to bottom. A good old-fashioned scrub down. Work methodically one room at a time. Before you start each room do a banishing ritual in that room. Then once you're completely done do another banishing ritual, essentially sealing the room off from outside forces at the end of it.

While you're cleaning, start looking for anything they may have put in the house. Get creative in your searches. Steps of a front porch, entrances, yard, etc... Inside look in potted plants, under/in any furniture, in books, under carpet corners, fireplaces, floorboards, trim pieces, in cabinets, on the bottom of drawers, in vents, etc. If you have spirits you work with then ask for their help and then go about cleaning, often when you're not thinking about it that's when you'll hear a voice telling you where it is. If you don't I would suggest using a pendulum to help you find it. Removing any such item would greatly help rebalance the magic scale back in your favor.

Once that's completed I would stand at each entrance and banish facing out of the entrance. Then draw whatever protective symbol of power is important to you. If nothing else I would focus my will and visualize as you draw your own initials on the portal. Essentially claiming it as your own. You can also add items traditionally used for protection at each doorway as well (iron nails, horseshoes, etc)

If it doesn't work the first time then keep doing it periodically. Once a day/week/month depends on how bad it is. On top of that each day as you move from room to room for whatever reason I would mouth (or say out loud if you live alone) claiming the dwelling as you're own and that anything that means you harm is not welcomed there. Even if you have no clue what you're doing, you will find that over time it will start to diminish. You're pitting your will against theirs and repetition and tenacity are a huge equalizer even for a brand new practitioner.

Now protecting it once it's cleared is a different post altogether and there are probably enough techniques in JM's book to get you started.

This was typed up very quickly while traveling so if something doesn't make sense just ask.

-Eld
Post automatically merged:

Last edited:

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Cleaning is particularly important.

I was once in a group taking over a large hotel, first built about 1860. As we cleaned the building room by room, a disembodied human was eventually left only with the passage behind the main kitchen. All the rest had been cleaned and felt strange.

Except a couple living in the sub-basement flat had difficulty. When I had a look around, the luggage storage in their hall that had not been cleaned and there was an unhappy entity forced to retreat there

But those entities were not adverse, just left over from a century of occupants

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
One day, I watched this video by Jacob Geller:

Note: He has many deeply insightful videos which blend the topics of Video Games with human psychology and philosophy.

That video awakened inside me an idea/concept that I've always kinda known but only subconciously... that places we live in, are - or at least become - living places.

I know it's not exactly related to the OP, which seems to be specifically talking about places being possessed or haunted by some 3rd party spirit. I am sure that is true in some cases, and certainly merits it's own discussion.

But... I wonder, how many people grant credence to the idea that when something strange/unwanted/bad/good is happening in a particular place that it must be some external spirit causing it.

I strongly believe that in many cases... maybe even most cases the place is not possessed by something, but you are possessed by the space. A living space.

If you think about it, many older and more rustic forms of magick often embrace the idea that you should treat your home as a living spirit. To not merely guard and protect it like some object or property... but to also respect it, nourish it, befriend it... almost like a part of your family.

I'd venture to guess that many stereotypical "hauntings" or "posessions" of living spaces are simply the result of neglecting, harming or otherwise mistreating the spirit of that place itself.

Worth consideration at least.

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
I find this particular area of study very fascinating. I have a few rituals involving the "spirits of the place". But the psychological and social - mystical and spiritual - implications of them are intriguing. This is a very very old concept and dates back hundreds, if not thousands, of years. I will have to do some digging through my books, but I do have some relevant and interesting information I could later share on the subject (it's morning time with coffee right now).
100% agree.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
My house is very fussy about what furniture can be in the house and exactly where it should be placed - within an inch.

A woman living 100 yards away from me complained about the same thing in her house

My house has a nature spirit (lesser deva) anchored above the roof

Ancient

Zealot
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
One day, I watched this video by Jacob Geller:

Note: He has many deeply insightful videos which blend the topics of Video Games with human psychology and philosophy.

That video awakened inside me an idea/concept that I've always kinda known but only subconciously... that places we live in, are - or at least become - living places.

I know it's not exactly related to the OP, which seems to be specifically talking about places being possessed or haunted by some 3rd party spirit. I am sure that is true in some cases, and certainly merits it's own discussion.

But... I wonder, how many people grant credence to the idea that when something strange/unwanted/bad/good is happening in a particular place that it must be some external spirit causing it.

I strongly believe that in many cases... maybe even most cases the place is not possessed by something, but you are possessed by the space. A living space.

If you think about it, many older and more rustic forms of magick often embrace the idea that you should treat your home as a living spirit. To not merely guard and protect it like some object or property... but to also respect it, nourish it, befriend it... almost like a part of your family.

I'd venture to guess that many stereotypical "hauntings" or "posessions" of living spaces are simply the result of neglecting, harming or otherwise mistreating the spirit of that place itself.

Worth consideration at least.

Yes, absolutely! I'd thought this for a long time, and I came across the same thing in one of Ophiel's vignettes. I used to talk to my warehouse as I was opening and closing it for work. After reading Ophiel I went a bit further and started meditating with it occasionally. I have found a very big difference between the feelings encountered with this meditation between workplaces and homes. I also do not recommend trying it with hospitals - I find it quite literally sickening. Every now and then I'll try to tweak the feeling of the spirit of my warehouse, especially if we're coming up on a busy streak. It runs pretty well on its own, but I bet places with messy management could benefit from some interactions of the sort.

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Thanks for your answer,

How is this even works?
If you're having trouble with a house, have you tried a cleansing rite. I don't know what your tradition is, but you can consult your sources. It's best to do such rites during a waning moon, and to repeat monthly thereafter.